MikeyPI

Reskinning Vehicle(s)

Can someone please tell me how to even reskin vehicles? Please!

I've given a tutorial within the last 2 or 3 pages on how to reskin and I think someone else gave an even better tutorial than I did on how to do it.

Not being rude, but why do people keep posting "How do I reskin vehicles?" when they don't even take the time to read through the topic. If you can't read through the topic then you surely don't have the time to sit there and reskin a vehicle. Just Saying.....

Can sombody make a movie that shows you how to reskin and post it on youtube or something?

Same as above. Monday, if my schedule allows, I could do like a picture slideshow of what to do if that will work.

I have looked all over for this answer, I have re-skinned a vehicle from the LA Mod thanks to the directions in this topic and did exactly what they said, however, I am unable to convert the image I altered back to .DDS in order to use it in the mod.... Any ideas of what may be wrong?

I have looked all over for this answer, I have re-skinned a vehicle from the LA Mod thanks to the directions in this topic and did exactly what they said, however, I am unable to convert the image I altered back to .DDS in order to use it in the mod.... Any ideas of what may be wrong?

I assume you skinned it and it was a png,after that you have to use dds converter and change it from a png back to a dds and put back in proper folder OR change the model v3o to include the new png file not the old dds file.

I assume you skinned it and it was a png,after that you have to use dds converter and change it from a png back to a dds and put back in proper folder OR change the model v3o to include the new png file not the old dds file.

That is correct, only difference is, I went to change it back from .PNG to .DDS with the converter and it soimply will not do it, I have no idea why... how would I change the model V30 to include the new .png file?

That is correct, only difference is, I went to change it back from .PNG to .DDS with the converter and it soimply will not do it, I have no idea why... how would I change the model V30 to include the new .png file?

the model v3o must be unlocked in the editor,go into editor,navigate to the model v3o click unpack...then change the name of the model v3o skin from dds to png with notepad

HI I'm have trouble with reskining i got most down right but when i play the game some of the dorrs from the truck are the truck i skinded for example when i reskined engine 2 the door from engine show up on it how due i fix it

So you reskinned one of the engines with a new paint scheme but on the doors, it still shows the old engines paint from the LA Mod?

yes i reskied all the engine diffternt but the doors from engine 1 and 2 r showing up engine on 3,4,5

I've had this problem when I first started skinning and I can't remember what I did to cause it or even fix it but let me try to think of a solution unless someone beats me to it.

Ummm, how do I reskin the ambulance correctly? haha where does the boxy end start-end and where does the cab start?

Correctly?? ... When you open the ambulance texture you will see from the top left down it goes - left view, right view, top view, front view with extras to the right of the front and then the right top corner is the back view.

Not sure how to show you where the front and back starts because if you zoom in to the sides, you should be able to make out where the outlines start.

Tutuorial video and images. The BLS ambulance is giving me some trouble. I wanted to make my own ambulance but it irritates me how I can't even find where the box (patient transport) section begins and ends as well as the cab. Also, I'm not too good wwith making nice straight lines like you may see with RCMP cars, NYPD, and other nice police cars and ambulances.

Tutuorial video and images. The BLS ambulance is giving me some trouble. I wanted to make my own ambulance but it irritates me how I can't even find where the box (patient transport) section begins and ends as well as the cab. Also, I'm not too good wwith making nice straight lines like you may see with RCMP cars, NYPD, and other nice police cars and ambulances.

It's really not that difficult. On the BLS ambulance it is the same thing as ambulance04. If you ZOOOM IN where you can just see one view, you will be able to tell where the cab and the box ends at because there is a red line that runs from the cab all the way to the back. It doesn't have to be perfect lines on it and if you can't make a somewhat perfect line then why are you trying to edit it in the first place?

And I want to edit an ambulance with ZModeler just does not work

I don't think you can reskin an ambulance in Zmodeler. Zmodeler designs the model for all the units. I don't use the program so I don't know anything about it.

He's changing what the ambulance looks like but the model itself, not the skin. Also, I know how to make straight lines but I mean like how you see an ambulance graphic where the line goes straight then branches off like this.ambulance.jpg