Xplorer4x4

Los Angeles County Life Guard Beta 2

The text are fixed I believe he said but the issue is now, not seeing the vehicle and personnel in game. I just posted what the issue is with the truck not being seen in game, now trying to find out why the lifeguards is not in game.

ok i checked the lifeguards and the texts are like the new one you posted so idk

does that mean every text file has to be fixed too?

No the only fix is here:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=86437

The text are fixed I believe he said but the issue is now, not seeing the vehicle and personnel in game. I just posted what the issue is with the truck not being seen in game, now trying to find out why the lifeguards is not in game.

The guards do work though, just not the icons.

The instructions. In the original file I accidental put it in the medical vehicles rather then the fire vehicles.

I didnt say upload it, i said post it ;)

lol... I think I know what I did. I think I renamed all the files I edited, which kinda screwed my game up. lol

Oh ok, I understand what your sayin now.

The lifeguards do work, put them on map from editor and used them. I know they can't be edited because its hard coded but its pretty funny, watching them walk to their vehicles like the diver instead of run like they need to do.

yep lol thats why i said they walk like they got a stick up there ass. It doesnt look abnormal for the diver to waddle, but lifeguards another story. I doubt that can be changed but I plan to look into it.

I also noticed the units folder for the vehicle is spelled is wrong. I made another typo. Its spelled 155lifegaurd when it should be 155lifeguard. This is probably why it doesnt work. :P

I am going to repack the exes now and attach them to the first post in about 5-10 minutes.

I also spotted an error in the unit.xml file for the truck.

yep lol thats why i said they walk like they got a stick up there ass. It doesnt look abnormal for the diver to waddle, but lifeguards another story. I doubt that can be changed but I plan to look into it.

I also noticed the units folder for the vehicle is spelled is wrong. I made another typo. Its spelled 155lifegaurd when it should be 155lifeguard. This is probably why it doesnt work. :P

I am going to repack the exes now and attach them to the first post in about 5-10 minutes.

I 100% agree with your comment on them.

lol, I didn't even notice that spelling error of lifeguard in the units folder.

Ok due to a number of things I have added Beta 2 to the first post. The icons did not seem to work for me, but since there were alot of changes this is officially Beta V2. Starting with Beta 3 I will include a text file to indicate the current version.

For those with Beta 1, just download the new rar and install the exe.

Ok due to a number of things I have added Beta 2 to the first post. The icons did not seem to work for me, but since there were alot of changes this is officially Beta V2. Starting with Beta 3 I will include a text file to indicate the current version.

For those with Beta 1, just download the new rar and install the exe.

To be honest with you, the icon for the unit (truck) in game does not look bad. Its a bit dark but I can still see it. I think it's fine.

if you were talking about lifeguards, I don't know that kind of stuff so I probably won't be able to help with that.

EDIT: It says coroner van again in the instructions under the freeplaybase.

Hey,

I made some changes to the truck by fixing the lights, and adding some bonus lights.

Enjoy! Zootoo did an excellent job on it, but i just improved it in some areas. Added Wig Wags, Corner Strobes, better Grill Lights and its patterns, and added Side LED for intersection clearing. I also added Rotatory Alley/Intersection Lights on Light bar.

http://rapidshare.com/files/249901564/Lifegaurd.rar.html

Guest em4fan
Hey,

I made some changes to the truck by fixing the lights, and adding some bonus lights.

Enjoy! Zootoo did an excellent job on it, but i just improved it in some areas. Added Wig Wags, Corner Strobes, better Grill Lights and its patterns, and added Side LED for intersection clearing. I also added Rotatory Alley/Intersection Lights on Light bar.

http://rapidshare.com/files/249901564/Lifegaurd.rar.html

I have a questiong for you. The only thing that i should to make is to extract this in (which folder?) and nothing other. And when I start the mod, this truck will be there without other changing in scripts? Sorry for my english.

em4fan

Is it just me or did the instructions text make no sense at all?

The OC-D

You probably just don't know the folders in the LA Mod v1.8 well.

Open up your LA Mod v1.8 folder. When you see "Specs/Freeplaybase.xml" from the Los Angeles Mod v1.8 folder, open the specs folder, and find the freeplaybase.xml then open it. And it then tells you find:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/heavy_equipment_squad.e4p" count="2" />

after finding it, paste this code directly above it.

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LACoFD Lifeguard/lifeguard_truck.e4p" count="2" />

And then after that, just follow each step by step just like this.

Make a little more sense now?

I have a questiong for you. The only thing that i should to make is to extract this in (which folder?) and nothing other. And when I start the mod, this truck will be there without other changing in scripts? Sorry for my english.

em4fan

No script changes is necessary with these lights. You need to open up the folder where you see life_guard.e4p and then from there you need to extract it to "Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Prototypes\Vehicles\02 LACoFD Lifeguard" folder and hit ok and it will ask you to overwrite it and click yes and it should work.

If you want to do it manually, here is how I got to mine with EM4 Deluxe.

F:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 Deluxe\Mods\LA Mod - Submods\Prototypes\Vehicles\02 LACoFD Lifeguard

Guest cartagena101x

i downloaded this file .... and i clicked the file and it installed it automatically for me but when i got to start a new game it doesnt work

any help??

Guest em4fan
i downloaded this file .... and i clicked the file and it installed it automatically for me but when i got to start a new game it doesnt work

any help??

It doesn't work because you are only install the .exe file, there are 3 files in the .rar

You need to comlete all steps from Instruction file (changing scripts) and all be done and working :)

em4fan

Hi! I hope I'm not complaining majorly, but something was messed up. I circled everything in red that was wrong. Something that I did was reskin a police car and a fire truck (slicktop and engine 88). Here is a picture of the problems: post-3027-1246293172_thumb.jpg And of my messed up fire truck reskin: post-3027-1246293218_thumb.jpg post-3027-1246293229_thumb.jpg