Xplorer4x4

Los Angeles County Life Guard Beta 2

james was kind enough to work out the bugs to an extent. I just have to touch up the dispatch pics and its ready to go. When NFK gets me the realistic lights they will replace the LED set up thats going to come stock on the truck, but the LED set up will still be up for download, and CFD will be doing a light package as i stated above. I hope to have enough time to get this released tomorrow.

Sounds great. Thanks to you Xplorer and those who assisted you with this release for getting it out so quickly.

james was kind enough to work out the bugs to an extent. I just have to touch up the dispatch pics and its ready to go. When NFK gets me the realistic lights they will replace the LED set up thats going to come stock on the truck, but the LED set up will still be up for download, and CFD will be doing a light package as i stated above. I hope to have enough time to get this released tomorrow.

Sweet! And that one map thingy is coming along really bad. Paint is not a good program to edit textures...:( I will try to finish it after the Evansville map, the SF map, and add a few more buildings and paths for an add-on (a secret between me and "16").

Well I was only planning to be gone 2-3 hours today but that turned into about 8 hours. :( So Im to tiered to work on it tonight. So hopefully tomorrow works out. James fixed the problem with getting the truck on the map, but neither of us could seem to get the unit script to work like the LAPD unit script where it randomly chooses a male and female, so chances are I will set this up to where you choose male or female guards in the truck.

Well I was only planning to be gone 2-3 hours today but that turned into about 8 hours. :( So Im to tiered to work on it tonight. So hopefully tomorrow works out. James fixed the problem with getting the truck on the map, but neither of us could seem to get the unit script to work like the LAPD unit script where it randomly chooses a male and female, so chances are I will set this up to where you choose male or female guards in the truck.

dosent hoppah have a script like that in la mod but with lapd officers?

BTW, the script isnt really hoppahs anyways, it was from EM4/911FR, and like myself he edited it to suit his needs.

Update: Now I dont want to lock my self in to a release date here because that hasnt worked out so well for me :P So instead let me say this, I think there is a 90% chance of release today. I got the random unit script working! The truck is now in game. The Guards are now in the game. The only true bug left is that I can put guard in the truck but the unit images arent functioning quite right in the dispatch screen, but thanks to james I am pretty sure I know what the problem is!

BTW, the script isnt really hoppahs anyways, it was from EM4/911FR, and like myself he edited it to suit his needs.

Update: Now I dont want to lock my self in to a release date here because that hasnt worked out so well for me :P So instead let me say this, I think there is a 90% chance of release today. I got the random unit script working! The truck is now in game. The Guards are now in the game. The only true bug left is that I can put guard in the truck but the unit images arent functioning quite right in the dispatch screen, but thanks to james I am pretty sure I know what the problem is!

You got 2 more hours to get that 90%... :P jk.... keep up the good work.

Yep and its not going to happen sadly. I came down with food poisoning from Subway, so i havent felt to good today. I did what James suspected to be the problem(the unit images were to big) and it doesnt seem to be the case. Since no one else has stepped up to attempt to help me solve this minor bug, I guess I will release this as a beta version tomorrow. I would do it tonight but I need to touch up the install instructions. To make this easy on people, it will come in an exe file that wil copy the needed files, but your still going to have to edit a few files manual but as long as you can read,as well as copy and paste it shouldnt be hard.

Official Beta Release Tomorrow 100% for sure!

Updated first post. This has now been released as Beta 1! Enjoy and hopefully some one fixes the bugs.

Great... downloading now!

edit: Problem, I changed all the texts like you said in your read me... and then I had errors pop up like mad. I could not open the vehical menu either.

Topic Pinned since a beta was released.

Thank you. :)

Great... downloading now!

edit: Problem, I changed all the texts like you said in your read me... and then I had errors pop up like mad. I could not open the vehical menu either.

I need specific errors, screen shots or typing them out will do.

I do see one small error, I dont know that this would cause the problem but in the instructions.txt I stated to insert the lifeguard truck above the coroners van. Thats the wrong place. Remove it and place it above this line instead:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/heavy_equipment_squad.e4p" count="2" />

Thank you. :)

I need specific errors, screen shots or typing them out will do.

All the errors had something to do with the files I edited. I think I messed up, but I dont know what. I will look at the errors later for the names, cause right now I dont feel like waiting for the mod to load.

Thats fine but dont waste peoples time with "I have an error" if you cant give some one a rough idea of what the error said or atleast what script it referenced.

Anyways the first post has been updated with attachments containing the fixed instructions.

Ya...sorry about that... it kinda shut down before I could write it down, but I know it was the siren LAscript. What did you find wrong with the changes or instructions?

i followed the instructions and got no errors but the truck isnt in game idk?

Same thing, but I think I found the problem. The vehicle folder where the lifeguard truck is in is spelled wrong. Its spelled Vehichles. So just copy the folder with truck from that folder to the Vehicles folder and it should work. :lach:

I'm testing it now.

Opps, I will fix that now. Originally everything was spelled wrong as it was spelled lifegaurd instead of lifeguard, so I had alot of typos to fix. Thankfully it was easy enough to edit the dds file and swap the letters around.

BTW, to add to jsuttons post, the vehicles folder thats spelled wrong is in the units folder.

Ya...sorry about that... it kinda shut down before I could write it down, but I know it was the siren LAscript. What did you find wrong with the changes or instructions?

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=86437

As far as I can see the siren script is fine. Post yours here and I will make sure its right.

Same thing, but I think I found the problem. The vehicle folder where the lifeguard truck is in is spelled wrong. Its spelled Vehichles. So just copy the folder with truck from that folder to the Vehicles folder and it should work. :lach:

I'm testing it now.

Ok, nope that did not work. So will go through everything else to make sure they are all in the place they are suppose to be and will look for more typos.

Alright I will hold off on repacking the exe files until I hear back from you.

Ok, found the issue for not seeing the truck in the Fire truck unit tab in game.

Go to Units/Vehicles/Fire Department/155lifeguard and then open the XML file in there. Change it from this:

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/lifeguard_truck.e4p" />

to

<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LACoFD Lifeguard/lifeguard_truck.e4p" />

Trying to find out about the lifeguards now. Still not seeing them after I changed it.

does that mean every text file has to be fixed too?

The text are fixed I believe he said but the issue is now, not seeing the vehicle and personnel in game. I just posted what the issue is with the truck not being seen in game, now trying to find out why the lifeguards is not in game.