Xplorer4x4

Los Angeles County Life Guard Beta 2

1751245066634lifegaurd.jpg

Darren has been kind enough to allow me to release a ported version of his mod for EM4.

This is a beta release! - The reason this is a beta release is because the icons to put lifeguards in the truck will not appear but this does not prevent you from putting guards in the truck. Nor do the people icons work correctly for some reason.

I also forgot to change the unit XML for this truck to hold 2 people instead of 4. That will be changed when Version 1.0 is released.

Below you will find 3 zip files one for each version of the game. Each one is pretty much identical. Each zip has 2 text files an an exe. One text file is simply there to give credit to Hoppah,Darren,Zootoo, and myself for the work all of us have put into this. The other text file holds a list of all files you need to edit to make this work. If you do not follow the instructions in the text file this will not work. Last but not least, the exe file simply puts the files in the folders they belong. In the future I plan to switch over to the same EXE installer Hoppah has used because it would allow me to release one EXE file rather then 3.

EDIT:Old attachments deleted, new attachments added. Old attachments at wrong line in instructions.

Current Status: Beta 2 - This means that the sub mod is in the testing stage, and could potentially cause problems. If you are not comfortable with this risk, do not install this at this time!

Despite the unit pics not working I have changed the status to Beta 2 as there have been number of small typos in folder names and files that have been corrected. Use the instructions attached rather then the ones in the zip for now.

Light Pack 1: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=86746 by CFD.

Edited by Xplorer4x4
  • Upvote 1

Why would you need the LA mod it's self? it does not create a new game... The reason why this mod is being converted to EM4 is because people ASKED for it to be converted, it's that simple.... It's the same reason you get any other sub-mod or get an original mod for that matter. People wanted it, and Xplorer was nice enough to convert it for them, he is not the author of the vehicle merely converting it.

y would we need this mod what is it good for because there not that much water or i going to be mission

Well to add on to what Mikey said, it is good for water rescues.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=21246

I think Darren himself explained it pretty well.

UPDATE: Male and Female lifeguards are now working! As I said above the models from the original mod would not convert, so I had to apply the texture to a male and female civil person. Fortunately the game had 2 males in shorts with no shirt or shoes at my disposal, and one female with a bathing suit. I tried to use the LAPD models but it pretty much made a guy in a thong as the model was to thick lol.

UPDATE: Male and Female lifeguards are now working! As I said above the models from the original mod would not convert, so I had to apply the texture to a male and female civil person. Fortunately the game had 2 males in shorts with no shirt or shoes at my disposal, and one female with a bathing suit. I tried to use the LAPD models but it pretty much made a guy in a thong as the model was to thick lol.

Lol

Of course. This wont replace any people or vehicles, it will simply be an add on containing a lifeguard truck and a male and female lifeguard. The male/female is actually decided automatically by the game just as it for the male and female LAPD Officers.

I may go ahead and release this here in a bit with out any lights but none the less 2 light versions will be available soon. a realistic set which will be easy on those of you with older pcs, as well as a heavy duty package for those of you with pcs that can handle Tony's Light pack.

One last thing before I go work on a few finishing touches, I will not be included xml files like freeplaybase.xml. Instead I will include an XML file that explains what files to edit .It should be pretty easy to follow as it will say something like this:

In freeplaybase.xml, freeplaybase_d.xml and freeplaybase_mp.xml find:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/heavy_equipment_squad.e4p" count="2" />

AFTER add:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/lifeguard_truck.e4p" count="2" />

Now save and exit.

This may scare some of you but i assure you it should be pretty easy. The reason for this is if I include a freeplaybase.xml(for example) and the only thing I do is add the line:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/lifeguard_truck.e4p" count="2" />

Then i save and close it, this will erase the edits for things like the caprice or crown vic sub mod. This is easier for me, because I dont have to explain over and over again how to add it with out erasing other submods, and it saves people from wondering why the caprice, crown vic, etc arent working when they add my/Daren's submod.

Note to a mod: If possible can you remove the poll from my thread. I got all the feedback I need and it clutters the topic. Thanks.

I would be nice of there was more of a beach front area on the maps so there was room for it to patrol the beaches, but i think a parking script would be the next best thing.

Yeah! And then when there is that Drowning person pr whatever in the south west corner, you might be able to get vehicle in there better. I will try to start this week and make the scripts and stuff.

Sounds good, now heres another poll, i would add it to the top but so far none of the mods have been kind enough to remove the current one...

Anyways, the question is would you rather the truck have flood lights or have redirect lights? I am thinking flood lights would be better but I like to hear what people want.

Zootoo has been kind enough to add LED lights to the truck, so it should be ready for release some time in the next 48 hours. Just need to add a few finishing touches. :)

Sounds good, now heres another poll, i would add it to the top but so far none of the mods have been kind enough to remove the current one...

Anyways, the question is would you rather the truck have flood lights or have redirect lights? I am thinking flood lights would be better but I like to hear what people want.

Zootoo has been kind enough to add LED lights to the truck, so it should be ready for release some time in the next 48 hours. Just need to add a few finishing touches. :)

Sweet! still can't wait! And by the way, how do you edit a map texture without having to completly re-place everything, or is that kinda' not possible?

Well once its in the game there is no way to modify it if memorey serves me right, not unless you have the psd or image file used to make the texture.

For example, you want to edit Hoppahs map and paint liines on the street at an intersection. Well unless he gives you the psd file to edit the texture to draw the lines theres nothing you can do.

Well once its in the game there is no way to modify it if memorey serves me right, not unless you have the psd or image file used to make the texture.

For example, you want to edit Hoppahs map and paint liines on the street at an intersection. Well unless he gives you the psd file to edit the texture to draw the lines theres nothing you can do.

Ohhhh...Well, I am trying to edit the Deluxe map and add a few buildings and stuff. I was wondering how would you elevate something because I can't find out how to elevate some roofs for the Emergency Services buildings...

Sort of a correction on the post above. Both LA Mod Maps at this point are based on existing textures with a few alterations. The deluxe map is here: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...mp;showfile=109 Now the only problem is the small strip of concrete for the ambulance bay does not exist on this map, among other small edits like the texture where the fire station goes. Other then a few grass spots and service streets like that, its the same texture.

EDIT: Going to beta test as we speak. Should everything work I need to add flood lights and it should be done for now. The LED package zootoo made that will be included until NFK does realistic lights shouldnt be hard on old computers as it doesnt have much radiation or fake volume.

Ok the truck is in the game, but I cant get the lifeguards working correctly so any one thats knowledgeable enough to actually help me out and fix this, please reply here or pm me. Please note, I am not, i repeat NOT looking for beta testers.

Hello :P,

Whats the problem your having exactly?

Darren has been kind enough to allow me to release a ported version of his mod for EM4.

Progress:

100%

People - Since EM3 people models cant be imported to EM4 I am having to work around this. As it stands, I have a working female lifeguard. However, at this time I cant seem to get a working male lifeguard.

85%

Truck - The truck converted to EM4 no problem. The model is in game and ready to go. Just waiting on lights and this will be good to go.

0%

Boat - I will see if Darren has the boat, if not it wont be included.

Scripting:

75% - No new features are being added but I still have to document the file edits as i changed the paths for the files and the file names.

Poll added: Would you prefer the lifeguards have there own folders for there protypes,v3o and dds or include them in LA Fire Department since they are technically LACoFD.

Can't wait for a release. Looks like a cool sub mod. Gonna have to model up a tower on the island (deluxe map) for this. :happy:

james was kind enough to work out the bugs to an extent. I just have to touch up the dispatch pics and its ready to go. When NFK gets me the realistic lights they will replace the LED set up thats going to come stock on the truck, but the LED set up will still be up for download, and CFD will be doing a light package as i stated above. I hope to have enough time to get this released tomorrow.