Paramedic_Engine_2

Dispatch Policy

haha i did that once, ended up losing 5 men, and had a 2 alarm fire!

After a while they start throwing all kinds of things, so I just arrest the guy with the sign the moment I get on scene, and the second officers points his/her gun at anyone who attacks the arresting officer.. After he puts that person in the car, I arrest anyone who attacked my officers, and let everyone else free... I charge the sign guy with Disturbing the peace, etc. And the others for disturbing the peace, and assualt on an officer of the law

I was just wondering what units you all send to:

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

4. Active Shooter :sporty:

1. Two task forces plus a RA and USAR for RIT. Police as needed.

2. One task force plus RA's as needed. USAR or heavy rescue if needed for manpower or scene lighting. Police as needed.

3. One task force plus USAR as RIT plus RA. Police as needed.

4. 3-4 patrol cars. RAs as needed.

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

1: 4 Engines, 2 Truck Companies, 1 Rescue, 1 ALS Unit, 1 Transport Unit (if ALS cannot transport), 1 BC

2: 1 USAR or Truck Company, 1 Engine, 1 BC, 2 Transport Units, 2 ALS Units (if Transport units not ALS capable)

3: 1 Engine, 1 Truck Company or Rescue

4: 3 PD Cars, one Supervisor, helicopter possibly, 1 ALS unit.

1: 4 Engines, 2 Truck Companies, 1 Rescue, 1 ALS Unit, 1 Transport Unit (if ALS cannot transport), 1 BC

2: 1 USAR or Truck Company, 1 Engine, 1 BC, 2 Transport Units, 2 ALS Units (if Transport units not ALS capable)

3: 1 Engine, 1 Truck Company or Rescue

4: 3 PD Cars, one Supervisor, helicopter possibly, 1 ALS unit.

Sweet dude,

I send 3-4 engines, 2 trucks, 1 squad, 1 usar, bls bus, BN 1, EMS supervisor, and PD for exploaded gas pipe.

What do you all send for natural gas explosion with hazardous matericals involved?

well I only send hazmat if it is needed:P

I have adopted a new fire protocol.

For all fire calls (structural) I send one engine. When this engine arrives on, then I decide whether or not to call for backup. If the structure is fully engulfed, then I will send out a ladder. If it is something like a dumpster fire, then no need to. My first responding engine will have a crew of 4. If another Engine is needed, I put 6 firefighters on it. I will send ALS engine if there is risk of someone being hurt, if not, then I send BLS (unless it is closer to station 2) If it is a vehicle fire, then nearest engine or brush responds. Car accidents will have A Ladder and 1 ALS ambulance respond. If car may be in water, then I send a USAR instead of Ladder, and I put diver on board, I will also call in either HR or the crane, depending on it's location (Crane for industrial areas)

Hazmat Events: HAZMAT 4 will respond to ALL calls with HAZMAT. If it is birds, then I will overrule the need for HAZMAT 4, and I may just call in an ALS ambulance staff with HAZMAT officers, unless people get infected. Then HAZMAT 4 is needed. Other than that, I will usually just call out the squad, and if it is something like the cloud, or with lots of people, then I will also staff an ambulance or two with HAZMAT teams. I think I covered it all, any questions?

well I only send hazmat if it is needed:P

I have adopted a new fire protocol.

For all fire calls (structural) I send one engine. When this engine arrives on, then I decide whether or not to call for backup. If the structure is fully engulfed, then I will send out a ladder. If it is something like a dumpster fire, then no need to. My first responding engine will have a crew of 4. If another Engine is needed, I put 6 firefighters on it. I will send ALS engine if there is risk of someone being hurt, if not, then I send BLS (unless it is closer to station 2) If it is a vehicle fire, then nearest engine or brush responds. Car accidents will have A Ladder and 1 ALS ambulance respond. If car may be in water, then I send a USAR instead of Ladder, and I put diver on board, I will also call in either HR or the crane, depending on it's location

Why do you send a ladder to car accidents?

ITs got the Holmatro tools, also in Atlanta they will send a truck to an MVA with entrapment for manpower.

Now I have no idea what a holamtro tool is, I use it because it has the jaws. I do believe I have the engine set with the jaws as well, but I like to keep those for fires, just in case

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

1. 2 engines with chief in case another engine or ladder is required, Traffic control as needed

2. Chief with USAR truck, LAFD crane if vehicle is in water with heavy equipment truck with diver, ALS Ambulance or LifeFlight as needed. Traffic Control as needed

3. One engine or Chief with extinguisher

4. Unclear : Person with pistol or rifle?

1.Hostage Situations

2.Demonstration

3.Earth Quake

4.Traffic Light Failure

1. SWAT Command truck with LAPD as traffic and crowd control

2. SUV with swat team with LASD carrier van

3. All patrolling ambulances are put on standby, All fire station alarms are sounded, Dispatch fire and ems as needed

4. City service truck, LAPD if needed for traffic control.

oh well, it might be a type of jaws or something like that. I only use the ladder for MVA's because it is better for what I need. I don't need 5 people at an MVA, 2 firefighters and a few ambos is good for me. Plus if I get a big fire call or something, I have my engines all cleared.. I plan ahead

Or you could call in a brush truck and lacfd unit and you have all you need firefghter wise jaws, diver, 7 firefighter, all you need is a crane to lift it it works

Fires:

Forest Fires: Usaully 2-5 USAF Fire Trucks with the small USAF Pickup, 1 Brush Fire Truck, 1 LAcoFD Fire Truck, 1 ALS Ambulance, and the Battalion Cheifs truck (CHP for traffic)

House Fire: 1 Ladder, 1 ALS Engine, 1 BLS Engine, the Battalion Chiefs truck, and 1 BLS Ambulance (PD for traffic)

Car Fire: Any unit closes to the fire (Ambulance or Police), 1 BLS Ambulance, and 1 Tow Truck (PD,SD, or CHP for traffic)

Police:

Person Running Amok: 2 Unmarked Crown Victorias (one for traffic)

Bomb Alert: 1 Bomb Squad SUV, 1 LA Police SUV, 1 BLS and ALS Engine, 1 Ladder, 1 Vintage Ambulance, and 1 Battalion Chief (FBI and SWAT for traffic)

Armed Robbery: 2 FBI SUVs, 1 Heavy Rescue, 2 Unmarked Crown Victorias, and 1 Vintage Ambulance (FBI for traffic)

Well I could, but I look at it this way, I save money, because the ladder is on map, plus the ladder is only used for secondary response, after units are on scene, but need backup OR when it is a big fire, then in that case, I pack up the ladder crew, and they go out to the fire in progress from scene, while the team from the ALS ambulance takes care of it (while Ladder crew packing up the ALS team gets jaws off the truck)

Fires:

Forest Fires: Usaully 2-5 USAF Fire Trucks with the small USAF Pickup, 1 Brush Fire Truck, 1 LAcoFD Fire Truck, 1 ALS Ambulance, and the Battalion Cheifs truck (CHP for traffic)

House Fire: 1 Ladder, 1 ALS Engine, 1 BLS Engine, the Battalion Chiefs truck, and 1 BLS Ambulance (PD for traffic)

Car Fire: Any unit closes to the fire (Ambulance or Police), 1 BLS Ambulance, and 1 Tow Truck (PD,SD, or CHP for traffic)

Police:

Person Running Amok: 2 Unmarked Crown Victorias (one for traffic)

Bomb Alert: 1 Bomb Squad SUV, 1 LA Police SUV, 1 BLS and ALS Engine, 1 Ladder, 1 Vintage Ambulance, and 1 Battalion Chief (FBI and SWAT for traffic)

Armed Robbery: 3 FBI SUVs, 1 Heavy Rescue, 2 Unmarked Crown Victorias, 1 ALS Engine, and 1 Vintage Ambulance (FBI for traffic)

Isn't the armed robbery one a bit too many units?

1. Exploded Gas Pipe

2. MVA

3. Unknown type fire

1. The entire f'in department!

2. Depending on how many vehicles involved, the entire f'in department!

3. Of course, the entire f'in department!!!

4. Everybody rolls!!

Well this isnt LA Mod related, but the station I grew up by was a 2 engine house. Eventually it was torn down and rebuilt with a third bay for the BC. Anyways my point is it is now stocked with 2 ladder trucks. I am guessing one is a quint to be technical. So if there was an MVA requiring extrication, My guess is the ladder truck(not the quint) rolls on this one.

oh well, it might be a type of jaws or something like that. I only use the ladder for MVA's because it is better for what I need. I don't need 5 people at an MVA, 2 firefighters and a few ambos is good for me. Plus if I get a big fire call or something, I have my engines all cleared.. I plan ahead

You could always script the HES to part outside Station 1 and 2 and then you have them on the map already.

I could, but I try to keep my unit uses realistic, and I don't like hanging units around the map, unless I can use them a lot.... Plus I can function pretty good with everything that is on the map, or has parking places, I only need like 4 or 5 things to complete it :)

1. Exploded Gas Pipe- Full Firebox Assignment. 3 engines, 2 trucks, battalion cheif, EMS supervisor. Upgrade or cancel on location after breif initial report.

2. MVA- Since all Emergency 4 MVA's are rescues, I send a rescuebox assignment. 1 Engine, 1 Truck, 1 Squad or rescue, EMS supervisor, battalion cheif, medic-level ambulance.

3. Unknown type fire- 1 Engine for breif initial report.

4. Active Shooter- Took shooters out of the game. Dont like certine police tasks.

Edit: Somebody asked somebody else why people send a ladder wagon to an MVA. Many departments carry extrication tools on their trucks, IE your jaws of life.

Such as LAFD... I use my units not as realistic, but more sensible... Like I won't send a ladder to every cal that it would be in real life, if there is only 1 at my disposal on map. I use my units wisely, so if I need them, then I don't have to force them from a call to another one...