Guest private R clark

graphics problems on em4 uk version

Guest private R clark

hi guys been along time since ive been on

i recently have com across a very aggravating problem with emergency 4 uk version

ive installed the game thinking it would work (as it did b4) some time back i had to have my computer reset due to viruses ect :(

now im getting problems

ive tryed changing the screen res and setting ect in the em 4 options

problem is i can see the overveiw map vehcle selection screen ect

but not the actuall game play screen (where all the action is) if i set my screen to 600X800

16 bit

i see a black screen for the gameplay area

if i set the screen res higer or to 32 bit it looks like a smashed window

crashes and resets back to the desktop

im currently using a ati radeon 9800 pro (128 bit agp card) (to my knowlege i have updated the driver as i asked a technitian about this)

however i cant find the disc for my sound card (creative labs sb live) so not shure if its that that causing the problem

looks like im stuck with em3 again least that works. please any help would be great as id like to get back to playing em4 and maybe even online if i can get it to work again

plz find enclosed my log file if ive got the right 1 and dxdiag ( was not not shure if ive uploaded right files as i knw nothing technical about comps but try to learn if told or shown)

if it helps il get a image of the screen but would need instructions on how to do this.

thanx for your time and i await your responce

em4_logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Guest private R clark
me too, i still don't know what it is.

well im happy to say ive finally sorted it out i did this by doing the following

1. Try toggling the refresh rate, color depth and resolution to 800x600, 16bits (kept at 1024x768 32 bits)

at 60Hz. Try other resolution, color depth and refresh rate combinations. (mine was at 96 so set it to 60hz after that i did not have to do steps 2'3 and 4

2. Try temporarily disabling the sound card. (Or removing it from the system)

3. Ensure that the Graphics Hardware Slider is set to FULL

4. Try toggling DMA for the Hard Drive(s) and CD/DVD ROM Drive(s).

so alalong it was because my monitors refresh rate was very high

i went to this website :

http://www.devhardware.com/forums/video-ca...tion-17584.html

it contains usefull and helpful tips for ati 9800 pro cards so may be of use to others who may get problems in the future