Tim

EM4 English script generator

I quickly made an english version of the "EM4 Script Generator"

Download from Megaupload.com

Download from rapidshare.com

Download from files.to

This version of the Script Generator is only capable of doing very basic mission script stuff. No timer or trigger controlled events, so this program will be only of use for you, if you do not have any idea of scripting, but you want to play your own missions, without any extensive cutscenes or triggered events.

Using the generator is quite simple, but here's a short introduction:

w51011w223.jpg

1: Enter the Name of the script, for example "Mission_01", no spaces or special characters, except the underline, please!

(note: the Missionscript name may differ from the filename!)

2: Opens the "Add Objective" Dialog

3: Opens a dialog to specify the failing conditions of your mission

4: Opens a dialog to generate the script and save it to your hard drive

5: Deletes all currently assigned objectives

6: Exit the program

r17812o223.jpg

1: Enter the Name of the Objective, this name will be used in-game in that blue window

2: Select which task should be attached to this objective

3: Adds the objective to your script and closes the dialog

4: closes the dialog without adding an objective

(note: the inactive tasks will be available in the next versions)

d37747z223.jpg

Enter the respective figure, if you enter "-1", no failing condition is set.

Closing this window with the "x" button will also set up your entered figures.

Note: Any script generated with this program may be modified in any way!

They are not formatted, so this must be done by yourself, otherwise it will be very hard to read and modify the script!

You do not have to give credit to me, but hey, it would be fair ;)

I dont get it, its opening as a .rar file, how do you get from that to the auctal generator?

And is this compatable with the LA mod (and the NY mod?)

By unpacking the .rar file with winrar I suppose.

About compatibility: you can make all kinds of mission scripts with this script generator. But I don't believe it includes any variables from the LA mod or NY MOD. You can however still use the script in the LA mod if you want. You just can't use some of the LA features then.

i don't get why you'd really want to do it, but if you do, have fun :)

Looks like someone is on a posting spree today... 38 posts on a single day. That's about 2 to 3 times the number of posts any admin makes a day!

Your not violating any rules by answering every topic so you won't get warned or anything. But you might want to start asking yourself if all of your posts contributed to the topics. Like the one quoted above for instance. It gives me the very strong impression your just trying to up your post count so you get a higer rank and I find that very annoying.

You can use the generated script in any modification you'd like. There's absolutely no restriction of their usage, and you may also modificate the produced scripts in any way.

The generated scripts do not contain material from any modification, neither New York, nor Los Angeles or any other :)

Looks like someone is on a posting spree today... 38 posts on a single day. That's about 2 to 3 times the number of posts any admin makes a day!

Your not violating any rules by answering every topic so you won't get warned or anything. But you might want to start asking yourself if all of your posts contributed to the topics. Like the one quoted above for instance. It gives me the very strong impression your just trying to up your post count so you get a higer rank and I find that very annoying.

I don't care about the posting numbers, and i don't mean to be annoying. I'll stop posting then :)

Anyways, so i can change missions in just regular em4? or in the mods too. i'm just checking. Cause i'm starting to take interest in this. Would it be possible to select multiple parts to that mission generator? like.. extricate, put out fires, etc all in one? just asking.

Guest [SAP]Francis
Lol your turn to read, it is a script generator used to make basic mission scripts I win

Script generator is only the name. It doesn't generate scripts, it generates a mission script, nothing else. So it is a Mission Generator.

Technically they are two distinct things... They rely on eachother... Like a farm, it grows food... We humans need that food to live, but without the humans the farm won't survive very long.

The mission itself is the bigger picture, with the map, the script and everything put together.. To make a mission you need to make the script for it, as well as the map.

Would it be possible to select multiple parts to that mission generator? like.. extricate, put out fires, etc all in one? just asking.

You can select every option available for one script! Just repeat the progress of adding a condition for every single one, they will all be shown in the main window's list. You may use any combination of all those conditions.

You can select every option available for one script! Just repeat the progress of adding a condition for every single one, they will all be shown in the main window's list. You may use any combination of all those conditions.

AWESOME!!!!!!! I didn't know it was that amazing, it's more fun than mods right now!