TurnpikeFire

REALISIM: Water Supply

Hey Everyone. I was reading the "Emergency 5 Suggestion Topic" and alot of people decided that Engines needed a water supply limit, which is something i've *alwasy* belived since the first Emergency games I played. When the LA mod came out for Emergency 4/911 First Responders, I saw the Gated Wye, and thought of something else.

Heres how i've been simulating water supply for ages, and i've decided to show you all. Yes, I realize it isnt really giving me water, and that if I wanted to I could run a master stream for 14 hours without a problem, but with a tiny bit of willpower, you can limit your use of water on a fire until connecting to a hydrant by pulling a hoseline from the engine to the hydrant or the hydrant to the engine and placing a gated wye on the ground next to the connection, the wye is large enough to finish any gap, and it looks good... with some imagination, you can have a much more realisitic event, including placing a connection to the ladder wagon, (its obviously not a quint, so hows it pumping water without a connection to an engine and a hydrant?) placing a connection to an engine before using its master stream, that sort of thing.

Try it out, it looks good and gives that much more back in gameplay.

watersupply.th.jpg

Sorry im as inactive as a dead man, but thats just how it is. Seeya all later.

I remember a game called Fire Department or Fire Capt, it used a script to sim water supply, u needed a tanker to fight fires and had to hook up to the tanker,sent the men back to the tanker for more water, good game. be great to have that in EM4

Guest [SAP]Francis
I remember a game called Fire Department or Fire Capt, it used a script to sim water supply, u needed a tanker to fight fires and had to hook up to the tanker,sent the men back to the tanker for more water, good game. be great to have that in EM4

This is called Fire Department 3. Can be found here.

Hey Everyone. I was reading the "Emergency 5 Suggestion Topic" and alot of people decided that Engines needed a water supply limit, which is something i've *alwasy* belived since the first Emergency games I played. When the LA mod came out for Emergency 4/911 First Responders, I saw the Gated Wye, and thought of something else.

Heres how i've been simulating water supply for ages, and i've decided to show you all. Yes, I realize it isnt really giving me water, and that if I wanted to I could run a master stream for 14 hours without a problem, but with a tiny bit of willpower, you can limit your use of water on a fire until connecting to a hydrant by pulling a hoseline from the engine to the hydrant or the hydrant to the engine and placing a gated wye on the ground next to the connection, the wye is large enough to finish any gap, and it looks good... with some imagination, you can have a much more realisitic event, including placing a connection to the ladder wagon, (its obviously not a quint, so hows it pumping water without a connection to an engine and a hydrant?) placing a connection to an engine before using its master stream, that sort of thing.

Try it out, it looks good and gives that much more back in gameplay.

Sorry im as inactive as a dead man, but thats just how it is. Seeya all later.

Amazing idea, I agree 100%. The 2nd due Engine rolls up on a working structure fire, finds a hydrant and hooks up. Then send 1-2 suppy lines into the structure. During car fires, the engine will extinguish with a booster line. Then they would have to find a hydrant to refill the booster tank. Then we could make a tanker that holds more water.

Amazing idea, I agree 100%. The 2nd due Engine rolls up on a working structure fire, finds a hydrant and hooks up. Then send 1-2 suppy lines into the structure. During car fires, the engine will extinguish with a booster line. Then they would have to find a hydrant to refill the booster tank. Then we could make a tanker that holds more water.

I use the Foam Tender as a tanker during situations where I cant find a hydrant.

What do you mean, you cant connect an engine to a hydrant in the mod. Why does it matter if you have a hydrant, you can have 4 supply lines operating off an engine with unlimited water.

I think he means he uses the gated way to make it look like a hose is connected to the foam tanker.

I don't think they are saying adding that in is going to make the game crash. I think what they mean it that with all the other things he is adding in there are going to be bugs due to some script conflicting with others. So it has to be tested more, and that puts even more work on Hoppah, and not to mention make it longer before the new mod comes out. Even after Hoppah has finished the mod and it comes out, there will still be some bugs that you will notice under certain circumstances. So yea maybe down the road a bit, but he is already adding alot to the upcoming mod.

yeah, see the thing is though, it's hardcoded, where as in that game, it was coded the other way around...

If its hardcoded, how did winterburg and the NY mod get around it? o.O maybe there's something being missed, to make it possible to have a water supply. Anyways, if you decide you wanna do something with a limit on the supply, you should make it so you could see how much you have on the reserve. it usually only lasts for a little bit though. A good... 3-4min on reserve? that a decent ammount of time at 120-130 gpm? lolz, on a hose alone. if you get a 2nd line going, your out of luck without a reserve line and a hydrant.