Guest 23Engine44

Help Installing Mod

Guest 23Engine44

Hey Guys,

I'm a firefighter from New York, and I just bought the game earlier today. I've been playing it all day, and now I'd like to add the LA Mod. (Would like the NY mod, but its not as complete as LA).

I tried installing the mods, and I'm having a lot of trouble. I've read all the read me's, but I still can't figure them out. Can Someone help me out step by step?

I'm a firefighter... Not to good with computers. :1046275767_ugly:

Also: Need helping installing the patch.

Oh, and 1 last thing: I have Emergency 3 & 4 CD.

Hey Guys,

I'm a firefighter from New York, and I just bought the game earlier today. I've been playing it all day, and now I'd like to add the LA Mod. (Would like the NY mod, but its not as complete as LA).

I tried installing the mods, and I'm having a lot of trouble. I've read all the read me's, but I still can't figure them out. Can Someone help me out step by step?

I'm a firefighter... Not to good with computers. :1046275767_ugly:

Also: Need helping installing the patch.

Oh, and 1 last thing: I have Emergency 3 & 4 CD.

Start EM4 Look at the bottem left. If it says version 1.3 then you do not need to install patches for EM3 or EM4.

To install a mod:

-download the mod into the mods folder of the emergency 4 file folder.

-Unzipp or unrar the mod using winzip or winrar (www.rarlabs.com)

-double click the file ending on .e3mod or .e4mod (depending on the version of the mod you installed).

-the modinstaller will autoinstall the mod. You can close the modinstaller and start the game.

-choose the category 'modifications' in the main menu and select the modification you want to play. Press load. The game will feezes for maximum 10 minutes and return to the main menu once the mod is loaded.