jab16

Miami-Dade Private Mod

Not to get into the middle of it but the crown vic's are mine and mike.Thy are a NFS base .I gave hoppah the ok to use them and now the whole site think thy are free to us .So you know how hoppah would feal if you just come along and just take his cars and trucks and re-skin them . It's just wrong .My crown vic were made for you all to use .But you never ask if you can use them .Thy just pop up .We put alot of work into thoes cars and trucks.You just reskin them .That is easy I can reskin a car in a hour or a truck .You try to make a truck or a car .You would like thoes sub mod posted .That is not a mod .You just reskin hoppah mod and would like to call it your mod .Build your own mod .With your own work .

what are you talikig about it is called a privite mod just like in the title. and if it is so wrong then why would it say this in the copyright thread? i am trying not to be a jerk and all but this has already been discused all around the fourms and i even asked for hoppahs permission to release screens.

"1. Private Mods

First of all, there were some confusions about private mods.

Because private mods are not to be shared with other people it is allowed to change anything for personal use only."

and this

2. Distributing

People often want to change parts of the mod (like changing the units to a different place) and release / distribute these changes. There are some serious rules when you have plans to release changed LA Mod parts as a sub-mod or even a whole new mod. A lot of time has been put in new models for the LA Mod, so I can't just allow everyone to copy, change and use them again. Compared to 3D-moddeling, changing textures is too easy and it's not fair to just copy, change and release the models/textures.

and you know what i am seriously reconsedering ever even coming close to releasing anything ever i hope it makes you feel good that i have spent hours trying to skin these models for privite use for my personal benifit and you are just going to sit there and say that it is wrong to do these things i am just tired of this. because you are saying i am breaking the rules by following them. You know what I am Sorry i was trying to work my way up to modeling by reskinning things fires. :mad22::1046276372_bawling:

@ nfspsd:

It's fine as long to they keep the mod private. We're trying to do strict controls to prevent people from doing so. Posting screenshots of the reskins shouldn't be really a problem and isn't illegal. It keeps the forum a bit alive while I am working on the new map. I've refered all people who wanted to use the Ford Crown Victoria in their mod for non-private purposes to you and lash00t0ut.

@jab16:

Please calm down a bit. I am trying to solve this little conflict. It's a misunderstanding in my opinion. Most of the people should know how I think about reskins after the last discussion. Nobody has permission to release skins. The Ford Crown Victoria might be owned by nfspdf and lash00t0ut, but the texture is still made by me.

In any case: screenhots do not cause any harm except a few discussions like this one. That's all I wanted to say.

Hoppah

the crown vic's are mine and mike.Thy are a NFS base .

Not to bring that back up, but... NFS as in Need For Speed? Because if thats the case they aren't your cars anyway they're EA's cars.

You just reskin hoppah mod and would like to call it your mod

and as for that, everyone is giving credit where credit is do to the LA Mod Team, no one is out there saying they made the models just the skins, and skinning is still a mod, because you have to change/modify the skin to reskin so therefore it IS a mod hence you have to MODIFY the old skin into a new skin, yea its not the hardest mod to do but its not the easiest either and everyone has to start somewhere.

Ok everyone made their peace, can we just STOP this debate until it is relevent? Right now this is a private mod he is just showing what he's done to it, I see no need to continue to muck other people's topics with a debate that is not their problem as they are not trying to release them, these guys just want to show off their efforts and everyone else is sticking in their two cents... Enough is enough just let him continue to mod it for his PERSONAL use as he is doing, which does NOT violate any terms/conditions what so ever... This debate is pointless and I think we can move off of it now and let him continue to work on his Private mod without having to deal with all this mess in his topic, if need be I'll just start deleting posts that are irrelevent to it.

Not to bring that back up, but... NFS as in Need For Speed? Because if thats the case they aren't your cars anyway they're EA's cars.

No NFS as in Northfolk Southern. If iam correct.... possibly.... maybe...:gruebel: Their here in PA, bought out Conrail some years ago...

Ok everyone made their peace, can we just STOP this debate until it is relevent? Right now this is a private mod he is just showing what he's done to it, I see no need to continue to muck other people's topics with a debate that is not their problem as they are not trying to release them, these guys just want to show off their efforts and everyone else is sticking in their two cents... Enough is enough just let him continue to mod it for his PERSONAL use as he is doing, which does NOT violate any terms/conditions what so ever... This debate is pointless and I think we can move off of it now and let him continue to work on his Private mod without having to deal with all this mess in his topic, if need be I'll just start deleting posts that are irrelevent to it.

I couldn't agree more and like I said skinning IS a form of modding. Once he downloads something he has every right to do whatever he wants to it because it is in HIS pocession and he can do whatever he wants for personal use. And nowhere did I read that he said this is HIS mod hes just taking credit for the reskins which he can because they are his, he took the time and effort to reskin them which isn't as easy as people make it out to be if you wanna get every little detail. He is giving credit where credit is due and not taking any responsibility for making the cars just the skins so let him do what he wants, people like their own variations of things.

jab16 i am boss of miami mod (working and site of mod take part from last year)

I am inviting you for the miami mod teem on our oficial site http://miami-mod.ucoz.com/

thank you i will reply soon Ps Sorry if i did not anounce it but my computer had a overload and the skins got erased but i was going to suprise you all with a seceen of new units i reskinned but i don't have them anymore. Anyway this is not canceled just delayed sorry to put you guys down.

thank you i will reply soon Ps Sorry if i did not anounce it but my computer had a overload and the skins got erased but i was going to suprise you all with a seceen of new units i reskinned but i don't have them anymore. Anyway this is not canceled just delayed sorry to put you guys down.

That stinks. Make sure to back up your files

sorry for the loss, those were good skins :1046276372_bawling:

That stinks. Make sure to back up your files

sorry for the loss, those were good skins :1046276372_bawling:

it's ok the next ones will be beter i learned a lot from you bama a special thanks to you and newfoundking for helping me through some of the skinning process.

PS: at first when i saw your new pd car ( green one ) i thought you were trying to show me up lol nice changes and trucks though

jab16 i am boss of miami mod (working and site of mod take part from last year)

I am inviting you for the miami mod teem on our oficial site http://miami-mod.ucoz.com/

EMC that miami mod looks nice, couple of questions though for you:

1. Does the fire truck I saw have working doors?

2. Same for the PD SUV?

3. And that fire truck looks like the same one from the NY mod, but that might just be me.

-Bama1234

NYC SubMod

EMC that miami mod looks nice, couple of questions though for you:

1. Does the fire truck I saw have working doors?

2. Same for the PD SUV?

3. And that fire truck looks like the same one from the NY mod, but that might just be me.

-Bama1234

NYC SubMod

1 yes

2 yes

3 it made to close to post-4733-1242191020_thumb.gif ( i have premmision of Martijntjuh to use)

In future ve are going to do new fire trucks and amb gunses and more...

1 yes

2 yes

3 it made to close to post-4733-1242191020_thumb.gif ( i have premmision of Martijntjuh to use)

In future ve are going to do new fire trucks and amb gunses and more...

Cool :)

Do they use trucks like this in Miami anymore? (This is my model, currently UV Mapping it)

post-3134-1242257669_thumb.jpg

not sure right now will look it up thaough. So it looks you guys are going for the beach fire that is red. miami only has 1 area with red trucks dedicated to FDNY.

That's awesome , too bad miami-dade doesn't have ladder trucks they use Quints by Pierce Qantum and well they use dif types of rescue .

But heck i wouldn't mind having this :prop:

Know what when I get it going again I think I will add water pumps to it

look at this vid major show of force i mean major

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHZK7MZVBM

Sorry for a double post but i have great news i finaly got everythng working properly andto prove it here are the first two units the battalion chief car and miami-dade fire command 1 hope you enjoy.

post-2914-1242490607_thumb.jpg

Sorry for a double post but i have great news i finaly got everythng working properly andto prove it here are the first two units the battalion chief car and miami-dade fire command 1 hope you enjoy.

post-2914-1242490607_thumb.jpg

Very nice Jab, when do you think you might take up 3d- modelling? :)

@ EmC-Unit

How's the Miami Mod going?

i don't know when lol how long did it take you to get a hang of. also which is harder a building or a veichel and finaly where do you find low polygaun models?

mod is going good