Hoppah

Patch 3 Official Topic

This is the official topic about patch 3 (v1.03) for Emergency 3.

Patch 3 is required for some mods, like the Los Angeles Mod and Winterberg Mod.

If you have the US version of Emergency 3, you don't need to install any patch, because it's already updated to 1.3!!

Download links:

================================

English (unofficial) Patch (for UK version):

DOWNLOAD

There isn't an official English patch, but this should work too for people with the English version of Emergency 3.

Read the readme carefully.

How to install this patch:

1. UnRAR all archives to a temporary directory.

Always unRAR with full paths!

2. Run the retail Update Patcher which we supplied for you by executing:

SETUP.EXE from the SETUP directory first.

If you encounter a problem with the patch, run TNT-FIX.REG

NOTE: it does not matter if you have previously cracked files, the update

does not care. The patch will update ANY older version.

3. Always make a backup copy of your game executable(s) first, because

future update patches may require the original file(s):

Em3.exe

4. Copy the contents of the CRACK directory to your game directory,

overwriting any existing files.

5. Play as usual.

It's recommended to make a backup of your Emergency 3 folder in case something goes wrong.

German patch:

DOWNLOAD

Config file:

When you have problems with Emergency 3 after installation of patch 3, the config file can fix that:

DOWNLOAD

Post you questions about the patch here.

All other topics about Patch 3 will be closed and removed.

[LAST UPDATE: 17 December 2006]

Edited by pyrothijs
fixed download links

make sure your videocard drivers are up-to-date

If that doesn't solves your problems try this:

1. Go to your Emergency 3 folder.

2. Open em3.cfg with wordpad.

3. Search (CTRL+F) for this line

<var name="e3_doocclusion" value="1" />

and change value to 0. 1 means on/enabled and 0 means off/disabled.

So change that line to

<var name="e3_doocclusion" value="0" />

Save and exit.

Hoppah

sorry hoppah just wanted to check

EDIT:

ok i cant instal patch 3 becuase i dont understand what to do and it makes me have to reeinstall the game cus it says copy right code not right please reinstall so can some on guide me through the set up

EDIT2:

can some one answer my post please i have patch 1 and 2 but cant open gates or anyting and most of the cars are not on the selection windown this is on la mod and i cant undertsnad what the read me for patch 3 and i do what it says but it says copy protection failed please reinstall when i do install patch 3 so im well confused

I checked the file, and there is an readme... it guides you trought the whole install... youa re sure you unpaked the fiels with winrar :roll:

.....----- READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALING-----.......

unzip the files, and run "TNT-FIX"

This proces will clear the Emergency 3 register.

Now open the folder named "SETUP" and run "SETUP.EXE"

This will instal the patch in GERMAN, and thats how it should be, so enerything is all right.

Now open the "CRACK" folder. Copy/paste the "EM3" and "OPTGRAPH.DDL" to the em3 folderr on your computer.

After that, do as following:

In the file "em3.cfg" in your em3 program folder, the following line apears:

<var name="s_language" value="de" />

Replace that line with:

<var name="s_language" value="en" />

The .cfg file will have to be opend in Notebook. If you don't want to spend all your time looking for the line, click the "crt" + "b" key on your keyboard, a searchbox should apear. Now paste the pice of code that you want to find, into the box, and click the "find next" bottom. Then you will know where the 'original' line of code is, and you can relplace it.

When you have done so, you should have patch 3 in english.

To Looneyboy714 :

I have tried the unofficial patch from this site, although I can't tell if it's worked or not. Seems exactly the same as before, crashes after about 10 minutes of playing.

I have emailed sixteen-tons though, and I've got a reply also. I'll post my questions and the replies below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please could you tell me where I might get the UK patches for Emergency 3? There are now three official patches for the German version of the game, but not one single official patch for the UK version of the game. I read somewhere that the UK patches 1 & 2 were on the game CD, but I've checked both CDs that came with my game, and neither CD has the UK patches for the game. If you could point out where I can download all three patches for the UK version I'd be very grateful.

Hello,

i can not find a website that is offering the english patch 1.3 but i know we have made it. I have to ask around if it got released somewhere or if i can send you the patch.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Promotion Software GmbH

Nico Bohnsack

If you could send 1.3 that would be great, also could you send me the 1.1 and 1.2 patches also? As I don't have any of these.

Thank you.

Hello,

you only need patch 1.3 because it contains all fixes from 1.1 and 1.2. But it seems like it hasnt been released officially and so i have to wait for our project manager to be back from holidays. I cant send you the patch as long as i dont know if it has been approved for the public.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Promotion Software GmbH

Nico Bohnsack

I did send an email back on the 6th April, but I haven't had a reply so far. Seems like the official UK 1.3 patch has been made, just not released yet to the public.