Hoppah

Copyright

READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY!

This topic is about changing and copying things from the LA Mod.

1. Private Mods

First of all, there were some confusions about private mods.

Because private mods are not to be shared with other people it is allowed to change anything for personal use.

2. Distributing

You are allowed to use, modify, and distribute in a modification anything that was originally created by me. Ensure that the models were indeed originally created by myself and not others, if it was created by another author, you still require their permission to use, modify, and distribute their works. Consult the last page of the Los Angeles Mod Manual for a full list of the authors of other models and contributions to the modification. The only thing I require in exchange for using my models is that you mention inyour readme/manual under credits my nickname for using any of my works in your modification. For Example: "Original Model By: Hoppah" along with the vehicle in which you used so that others know who they are required to credit should they modify it later. It is NOT permitted to distribute models that were originally created by myself without crediting me in the readme/manual file(s).

3. Other work

Not everything in the LA Mod is made by me. Please check out the readme or the manual of the LA Mod to find out what is made by who. Contact these authors if you want to use something from them. Contact me if you were not able to contact them.

4. My other mods

Besides the LA Mod I've made a couple of other, small mods which you can find on my website.

Each of these small mods are free to use without my permission. Make sure to mention my name in the readme if you are going to release these mods.

5. Contact

If you want to use and change something that is made by me and a part of the LA mod and you have the intention to release it, please contact me by PM or post in this topic. Don't forgot to add a detailed list of what you want to use. Make sure to read the rules above before doing this.

I hope everyone respect these rules, so I can continue working on my mod without any problems.

Hoppah

Creator of the Los Angeles Mod

does that mean i wont get v bar? cus im making things myself

Well, that's something else.

I already have a Vector lightbar model and uv-mapping that thing is done within an hour.

If you requested a whole new vehicle you will get a 'no'. :)

Just to be clear, I had / have Hoppah's permission and aid in my mod. Yes, they are his models... And without his help in the modeling department, my mod would probrabally just have been one of those "reskin" mods. But, I have also worked very hard on my mod... Skinning the vehicles and persons is not easy, and my freind Walter has been doing the person skins for my mod and its been a big help. I have been putting everything ingame, and that alone is alot of work too... Just so we're clear, I finished UV mapping the ambulance where Hoppah left off... I love the help that Hoppah gives, and I hope it continues. Without it, it certaintly would take longer for some of this stuff to be made. Just because I don't model or make every skin for my mod, doesn't mean it doesn't have my blood and sweat in it. I have spent days and days on my mod and I have invested alot of my time to complete it. I appreciate all the hard work everyone has given to make this mod possible, and I hope it continues...

I hope Hoppah isn't made / conserned about my mod, I mean yeah most / of the models are his, but I have also done lots of work on them... Changine skins isn't easy and I see myself more like a mod "leader" than an actual 3d artist or texturer, although I do my fare share of skinning...

I help you, because you've helped me too (with sirens and tips). I'm happy you've uv-mapped the ambulance by yourself, because uv-mapping a model is boring work. Badly, I can't make every model for your mod, because I want to work on my own mod and I don't have all the time of the world. Besides that, I want to help Stan with his mod too.

Does this go towards the stuff from the em3 mod?

No offence, it doesn't seem fair that you can change your mind after saying yes. I mean this in the nicest way possible :1046276086_Hail:

A 'yes' before the decission still counts. So you may still use the stuff I've allowed you to use.

Hello hoppah,

I know you have said that you do not want to see your models in non american mods, but would i be able to get someone to reskin your motabike in EM3 LAMod for an English mod that i am helping with, to find more information about it go to: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...c=2633&st=0

Thanks

Bruce563

No problem for "tha motabike". You got my permission, because it's just one vehicle.

I Understand where Hoopah is comming from on this one, the fact that he put in the time and energy (as well as others he rightly credits for their work) which I respect even more. As a mod maker comming from a diff game than the emergency series we were "used" to seeing much the same, I personally have seen enough Crown Victorias in my modding career to where I hope I never see one again (no offense to the car but it gets old reskinning the thing constantly, even if you made the base yourself). The fact he HONORS previous consent is honorable, IMO his right to change his policy regarding usage/modification for distribution is just that, his RIGHT. I agree with him that in a game such as this, it is better to see people try (even if you are not the best at it) to make your own unique items/objects/vehicles/persons/etc. otherwise, what really is the point? I am not trying to pluck anyone's nerves on this one but you have to understand that reskins (while a pain in of it's self) is relatively easy compared to making the model and the horribly boring aspect of UV mapping the product.

I just ask Hoopah to understand one thing which he pointed out he won't allow, which I do not know how much it applies to your latest version for E4 (Sadly, I don't have it) There are several nations throughout the world which use United States Vehicles (typically slightly older used imports). Russia uses the Crown Vic, the middle east is loaded with Express Ambulances, I believe europe uses some of our light trucks for rescue... I do not know for certain. So while you wish not to see ALL of your mod reskinned please at least remain open to allowing certain exceptions to the rule when it comes to mods which would really include ONE of your vehicles, regardless of the location it emulates.

mk