JSCampbell

Multiplayer map as Freeplay

In theory, you could rename the multiplayer map to the name of the freeplay map to do that, but I'm not sure.

Topic moved to LA MOD section

You would have to alter a lot of settings because a lot of scripts wouldn't be functioning (properly) anymore. This due to virtual objects being removed, displaced etc. Also some commands have been removed/adapted in the multuplayer version. Without adjusting for these things I think it's most likely the game will crash when using a script that is adpated or refers to a non existent virtual object. So it's possible, but it's a hassle.

greetz,

The multiplayer map does not include the stations.

It IS possible to rename the map so it replaces the current freeplay map, but you need to do much to disable the scripts which activate the stations.

I don't know what happens if you use the multiplayer map as freeplay map without the stations.

The multiplayer map does not include the stations.

It IS possible to rename the map so it replaces the current freeplay map, but you need to do much to disable the scripts which activate the stations.

I don't know what happens if you use the multiplayer map as freeplay map without the stations.

I have tried using the Freeplay map as a multiplayer map, complete with Fire/Police stations and Hospital, with reasonable success. All the Freeplay features work, however, there are a few limitations. Firstly, each vehicle has to be called onto the map then sent to the station - the only person who can control the vehicle is the person who called it onto the map. Second, the only person who can alarm the firestation is the host of the game. Third, sometimes players may lose control of the units in their vehicles who then default to the control of the host - it is then necessary to get the host to get units to enter the vehicle, then return the vehicle to station. All Battalion Chief/EMS Captain and police call units scripts function normally - the nearest available unit responds to request for back up then can only be controlled by the person who called it onto map originally, once it arrives. As Hoppah said, you do have to modify a number of scripts in order for it to work. I have a version of Los Angeles mod v1.7 with w00ds map in multiplay, deluxe map in multiplay and a version with the original Freeplay map as multiplay and they all function in the same manner. Tested with 2 and 3 players in multiplay.

I'm new to the forums and the game.

Well I changed the name of the freeplay map to multiplayer along with the other 2 files (making sure to keep the file type the same. The map works fine, i play with my brother on it. Just make sure both computer have the same file changes. The only thing is that the units can't use the "go to __ station" command, and i can't put units in the station. i have been trying to find the script that would fix that but am having trouble looking through them all. That is one of my favorite parts about this mod, and I would really like to use it. I only play multiplayer with him so it would be nice to have.

So, if any of you have any tips on how to fix the problem let me know.

First of all, Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

As the mat of fact of your problem (or something;))

I don't think it's easy to make it full functioning like in normal freeplay.

It will take lots of work, and patience (oh yes, verry much patience)

The thing is, you would have to get all the scripts working, what is a trial and error work (Adjust, Play, Error, Adjust etc , till it works)

If you're new to the game, i would not change the scripts, because it is the most harded bit of modding,.

I would ask a expert in scripting to adjust the scripts so they work 100 % in Multiplayer.

Most of the commands regarding the stations have been disabled in the script, so they cannot be used in the normal multiplayer map as well. You can try to enable that though. You can even make a start script for multiplayer to spawn vehicles in the stations. Each spawned vehicle will be assigned to player 1 though and that can be changed too. I just do not advice to even try it as the stations will be a mess with vehicles from 4 players parked in the stations and only player 1 is able to use the control panels. That's the main reason the singleplayer fire stations will NEVER be added to the multiplayer map. The police station and hospital should work fine though. The scripts are designed for singleplayer only and will NEVER work '100%' in multiplayer.

Most of the commands regarding the stations have been disabled in the script, so they cannot be used in the normal multiplayer map as well. You can try to enable that though. You can even make a start script for multiplayer to spawn vehicles in the stations. Each spawned vehicle will be assigned to player 1 though and that can be changed too. I just do not advice to even try it as the stations will be a mess with vehicles from 4 players parked in the stations and only player 1 is able to use the control panels. That's the main reason the singleplayer fire stations will NEVER be added to the multiplayer map. The police station and hospital should work fine though. The scripts are designed for singleplayer only and will NEVER work '100%' in multiplayer.

Thank you for your guy's responses. Now I understand why you didn't put it in multiplayer. Usually when I play with my brother I take care of Fire and EMS, and he takes care of Law Enforcement and utilities, It makes it fun and we can concentrate on our tasks and help each other if needed. It makes it a little more realistic having to ask for PD to take care of traffic or PD requesting EMS.

Back to the subject though, I have been messing with it through trial and error. and it takes a while due to having to copy the scripts to the other computer. Where would I find the scripts for the single player that I may copy or modify for the multiplayer.

Thank you for your guy's responses. Now I understand why you didn't put it in multiplayer. Usually when I play with my brother I take care of Fire and EMS, and he takes care of Law Enforcement and utilities, It makes it fun and we can concentrate on our tasks and help each other if needed. It makes it a little more realistic having to ask for PD to take care of traffic or PD requesting EMS.

Back to the subject though, I have been messing with it through trial and error. and it takes a while due to having to copy the scripts to the other computer. Where would I find the scripts for the single player that I may copy or modify for the multiplayer.

Ok, well I figured it out. You have to modify the script such as in the LAToFireStation you delete

" if (!Game::IsFreeplay())

return false;"

Then all Comands work. If I notice anything else, I'll post it here