Guest Braindeg

A Train is about to crash into the concourse

Guest Braindeg

Before anyone jumps down my throat about it, I know there is a walkthrough. :-)

My issue is not in finishing the mission at all, it's in finishing it with 100%.

I can easily finish the mission but have not been able to get 100% after many, many attempts. The only place I am losing points is in the "Prevention of personal injury and material damage" criteria. So here's what I've successfully done.

I was able to clear the concourse entirely, seeing the green dot appear in my tabbed objectives list. I cleared it with the helicopter announcement and then drove the psychologists around with police officers in mini vans "arresting" those that remained and driving them outside of the concourse.

I suspect my loss of points is for where the train punches through the outside of the building causing collateral damage. I have tried moving the vehicles there, grabbing the people out of the way with fire fighters and what have you, as well as redirecting traffic in the street.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where my elusive 25% is, I'd greatly appreciate the insight.

Thanks!

-Braindeg

You can better use fire fighters with SCBA gear to fight the fires, they don't get hurt as easily as normal fire fighters. Might help in preventing injuries. Also make sure non of your vehicles or personnel are still inside the station when the train hits, the they will get hurt a bit to.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest Braindeg
You can better use fire fighters with SCBA gear to fight the fires, they don't get hurt as easily as normal fire fighters. Might help in preventing injuries. Also make sure non of your vehicles or personnel are still inside the station when the train hits, the they will get hurt a bit to.

greetz,

Thanks for this insight. I'm going to check it out and get back to you on that.

I had been staging vehicles and personnel in the concourse to provide for speedy response but hadn't noticed any damage to them. Also, I had been using normal firefighters, but hadn't noticed them taking any damage either.

-Braindeg

Guest Braindeg

So I have tried with removing the personnel and equipment from the concourse, but I got the dreaded 75% again. I will admit that I didn't try the SCBA firefighters, but my non-SCBA firefighters have taken no visible damager. I suspect the issue is where the train punches through the concourse.

I also looked at your guide. You say it is vital that no one goes near the taxi stand. Can you elaborate on this?

I had attempted to clear the area without much success, do you have any tips? I have towed cars and cleared civilians with firefighters. What do I need to do to get the game to acknowledge the area is clear?

I also find it hard to believe that you were able to clear the entire concourse with only two psychologists. I use a total of 6 with 6 or so police officers and even travelling in mini-vans I am very, very pressed for time. Kudos to you if you did, though.

Please advise.

-Braindeg

You say it is vital that no one goes near the taxi stand. Can you elaborate on this?

I had attempted to clear the area without much success, do you have any tips? I have towed cars and cleared civilians with firefighters. What do I need to do to get the game to acknowledge the area is clear?

You need to remove all people from the part off the wall where the train will come through the wall. You also need to remove all the people standing at the bus stop across from that point to prevent them from getting hurt. I blocked off the taxi stand from both sides with two agents on each side. I used some other officers and fire fighters to remove all the people.

You do not get a confirmation the area is clear from the game, you will have to visualy inspect if all the civilians are removed.

I also find it hard to believe that you were able to clear the entire concourse with only two psychologists. I use a total of 6 with 6 or so police officers and even travelling in mini-vans I am very, very pressed for time. Kudos to you if you did, though.

I believe I checked and the walkthrough doesn't state that you will get everybody out. It just states how to calm down the panicked persons and take them out of the station. You just don't have time to save them all.

Maybe your LPF that is standing outside the station near the taxi stand is to close to the wall or something and that that causes damage. It could also be from officers fighting with people who are not calmed down yet.

greetz,

Guest Braindeg

Cool, thanks for the thoughts.

I've been of the assumption that you'd need to clear the entire building in order to get 100%. Like I said, it is definitely possible but it requires perfect timing.

I'll see what I can do about clearing the side that the train hits. I will certainly have to sacrifice my ability to clear the concourse entirely in order to make this happen. Hopefully this is where my 100% is hiding, though.

Thanks again for you help.

-Braindeg

Guest Braindeg

Okay, so I'm still grumbling about this. But I'm stuck at 75% completion.

I managed to clear the entire sidewalk outside near the bus stops. I shut down the road at the rear of the train station in both directions.

When the train crashes, I see no one outside (of course there is the train engineer). Also, there was no one at all in the rubble because I successfully evacuated the entire station again.

In case people can't tell, this is officially driving me bonkers!

I have taken the suggested steps in making sure all vehicles and personnel are clear of the station, I've closed down the roadways on the side of the station that the train punches through.

Any thoughts and suggestions as always are appreciated.

-Braindeg

Okay, so I'm still grumbling about this. But I'm stuck at 75% completion.

I managed to clear the entire sidewalk outside near the bus stops. I shut down the road at the rear of the train station in both directions.

When the train crashes, I see no one outside (of course there is the train engineer). Also, there was no one at all in the rubble because I successfully evacuated the entire station again.

In case people can't tell, this is officially driving me bonkers!

I have taken the suggested steps in making sure all vehicles and personnel are clear of the station, I've closed down the roadways on the side of the station that the train punches through.

Any thoughts and suggestions as always are appreciated.

-Braindeg

Have you check the train for injured people?

Guest Braindeg

To answer the questions in order....

Yes, I am able to find all injured on the train. I beat the mission with all injured surviving and usually while evacuating the entire concourse. Total number of injured people ends up being around 10, which is a feat considering what it takes to clear the concourse as well as the bus stop and cab stand on the side of the building that the train punches through.

As far as the tips tab... No, let me see if I can find where that is and if it has anything worthwhile. I'll get back to you on that.

-Braindeg

EDIT: On looking at the tips, there's nothing I don't already know. Good call though, I'll remember to check it out in the futurel. I think the sticking point may now be in stopping civilian traffic in the area. Does anyone know how many roads need to be closed down for 100%. I've already rerouted the road that brings the busses in as well as gotten all civilians on the bus stop side of the building out of the way. As I've mentioned before, I also achieve the objective "Evacuate the station" so I'm not really sure how much more they can want. Casualties are already at a very minimum. Certainly though there's someone out there who has achieved 100% on this mission that would like to share their secrets. :-)

EDIT: On looking at the tips, there's nothing I don't already know. Good call though, I'll remember to check it out in the futurel. I think the sticking point may now be in stopping civilian traffic in the area. Does anyone know how many roads need to be closed down for 100%. I've already rerouted the road that brings the busses in as well as gotten all civilians on the bus stop side of the building out of the way. As I've mentioned before, I also achieve the objective "Evacuate the station" so I'm not really sure how much more they can want. Casualties are already at a very minimum. Certainly though there's someone out there who has achieved 100% on this mission that would like to share their secrets. :-)

I achieved 98%, thought that was close enough. But you already read the walkthrough so I really couldn't help you with that. maybe it has to do with the time it takes to send people to hospital. I usually send every ITW to the hospital when it was full, I didn't let them stay till the end. Maybe that's it.

I only closed down the road in front of the station.

greetz,

Guest Braindeg
I achieved 98%, thought that was close enough. But you already read the walkthrough so I really couldn't help you with that. maybe it has to do with the time it takes to send people to hospital. I usually send every ITW to the hospital when it was full, I didn't let them stay till the end. Maybe that's it.

I only closed down the road in front of the station.

greetz,

To clarify: the road in front of the station being the one that the train punches through, or near the main entrance? To be honest, I haven't been closing down that road. I've been closing down the road near the cab stand because busses come and drop people off.

To clarify: the road in front of the station being the one that the train punches through, or near the main entrance? To be honest, I haven't been closing down that road. I've been closing down the road near the cab stand because busses come and drop people off.

Yes it's the one in front of the cab stand.

Guest Braindeg
Yes it's the one in front of the cab stand.

Yeah, I closed down that road. I suppose there's a chance it's where I've closed down the road is the issue. Basically I closed it off even with the first entrance to the cab stand. Perhaps I should push the closure back up to the intersection. Its little things like this that can drive me batty about the game.

Yeah, I closed down that road. I suppose there's a chance it's where I've closed down the road is the issue. Basically I closed it off even with the first entrance to the cab stand. Perhaps I should push the closure back up to the intersection. Its little things like this that can drive me batty about the game.

I closed down the lane right after the intersection (say in front of the station), elseway the taxi's and busses still park at the stand and they can get damaged.

Guest Braindeg
well did you use a rescue dog to make sure you did not miss anyone? also sometimes there are people in the shops that are hurt

Oh yes. I'm completing the mission with very minimal casualties; around 10 people all told. None of them die, no extra parts of the building get set on fire, etc. Outisde where the train punches through there is no one on the ground only the train engineer that you access with the rescue cutters.

Thanks for the advice.

Also, reading other posts I had an idea. When treating victims from the train, do people generally use doctors and medics to run next to the train, or airlift the victims to a mass treatment area. Perhaps I'm causing the victims to lose too much health by carrying them by stretcher to nearby mass casualty busses? Just a thought....

-Braindeg

Guest Braindeg

So....I've picked up the game after 8 months of not playing it and I still can't beat the 75%. *grumble*

New suggestions are always appreciated, but please look at my previous posts in this thread. I'd be especially interested in hearing from anyone who regularly scores at better than 75% but especially those that can get 100%.

Thanks again.

Also, reading other posts I had an idea. When treating victims from the train, do people generally use doctors and medics to run next to the train, or airlift the victims to a mass treatment area. Perhaps I'm causing the victims to lose too much health by carrying them by stretcher to nearby mass casualty busses? Just a thought....

-Braindeg

You don't have to save them all, just get a bunch of fire and policemen to bring them into the far corner (Bring your units in after evac) and then move the cars by the concourse by crance, set up ladder trucks and LPF tanks outside and get a bunch of emergency busses. Automatic extinguish should help.