w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

Nope, I really have no clue. But it's not a to big deal in mine opion. It gives you the time to setup your patrols, get a cup of coffey ;)

Guest fasire

I MADE IT, finally, it was only a question of renaming DFREEPLAY.e4m for FREPPLAY.e4m...

Only, in the begging it takes some time to start the events, and the units from first base starts backround...

It could just be me, but it looks like you the the new freeplay map floor on the old freeplay map... When you downloaded it, did you make sure that the new one was named right, so that the game would read it?

(Named right means it asked you to overwrite when you put it in the folder)

It could just be me, but it looks like you the the new freeplay map floor on the old freeplay map... When you downloaded it, did you make sure that the new one was named right, so that the game would read it?

(Named right means it asked you to overwrite when you put it in the folder)

yea i've tried it with all the different name combinations.... even tried it with it being the only map in the map folder...so... i donno

Ok, I'm having some issues, so I deleted everything. I reinstalled LAMOD, then this map, and then some submods. I'm not getting any incidents.

How log is the wait, dont say 5 minutes cause its not working.

When I downloaded the map, I only renamed ONE file is that the correct process for the NON delux version.

Guest SHERIFF05
Ok, I'm having some issues, so I deleted everything. I reinstalled LAMOD, then this map, and then some submods. I'm not getting any incidents.

How log is the wait, dont say 5 minutes cause its not working.

When I downloaded the map, I only renamed ONE file is that the correct process for the NON delux version.

Yeah - i renamed all 3 files - dfreeplay.dds - dfreeplay.e4m to freeplay.dds & .e4m

then the EFT file that was named FREEPLAYSE.EFT - I changed that to FREEPLAY.EFT

Wrong??? Right???

Everytime i start it in editor it shuts down and quits out of editor

it is the same file names as i have. i had to just upload the floor, then exit out, restart and load the map. if that doesnt work try just pulling the files out, put the old ones back in, see if they work then put the new ones back in. beyond that i dont know.

hope that helps

- Jon

To fix your editor/game crashing, DO NOT change the name of your .eft file. Leave it freeplaySE.eft. the only files that need to be renamed are "DFreeplay.dds" and "Dfreeplay.e4m"

As far as the trucks facing the wrong direction, w00d's directions are correct. However, he left a very important detail out. You have a make sure your constant variables are named in the script. This being the gates. I will post up my script as soon as I get a chance. I'm at work atm.

I have no clue as into why it takes forever and a day for an incident to occur. Also, all of the streets aren't connected. I went through and connected everyone. If you are trying that in the editor, remember......two blue and one red in the center means a street isn't connected. two blue with a grey in the center means everything is good to go.

To fix your editor/game crashing, DO NOT change the name of your .eft file. Leave it freeplaySE.eft. the only files that need to be renamed are "DFreeplay.dds" and "Dfreeplay.e4m"

As far as the trucks facing the wrong direction, w00d's directions are correct. However, he left a very important detail out. You have a make sure your constant variables are named in the script. This being the gates. I will post up my script as soon as I get a chance. I'm at work atm.

I have no clue as into why it takes forever and a day for an incident to occur. Also, all of the streets aren't connected. I went through and connected everyone. If you are trying that in the editor, remember......two blue and one red in the center means a street isn't connected. two blue with a grey in the center means everything is good to go.

Would you please for us, zip up your game mod folder or something like that, and let us download it. So we to can have the map fixed, vehicles facing proper direction and roads connected?

Gary

Hmm weird that the streets are not connected. I checked the map in the editor and here are all the streets perfectly connect. Maybe an issue with em4 deluxe > 911 FR? or something like that?. Why it takes forever to start the first events is a weird problem. I already tried to contact sixteentons on some more info about debugging the map, but offcourse no respons.

Guest Rocksport1

Quick question about the Hazmat tents, I've downloaded the free play map so I guessing this is where I ask?? I put contaminated people into the tents, but I can't seem to get them back out again for medical treatment. There are also some Hazmat guys stuck in the tent as well.

Hmm weird that the streets are not connected. I checked the map in the editor and here are all the streets perfectly connect. Maybe an issue with em4 deluxe > 911 FR? or something like that?. Why it takes forever to start the first events is a weird problem. I already tried to contact sixteentons on some more info about debugging the map, but offcourse no respons.

Well, I have 911FR so that might be the issue. Either way, it's fixed now.

Also, all of the streets aren't connected. I went through and connected everyone. If you are trying that in the editor, remember......two blue and one red in the center means a street isn't connected. two blue with a grey in the center means everything is good to go.

I think your confusing paths and streets.

Quick question about the Hazmat tents, I've downloaded the free play map so I guessing this is where I ask?? I put contaminated people into the tents, but I can't seem to get them back out again for medical treatment. There are also some Hazmat guys stuck in the tent as well.

So dont have the hazmat guys int the way of the tent when you go to set it up. You do realize when they get in the tent it takes like 10/15 seconds or so for the people to decontaminate?

I'm having trouble with this, I redownloaded it and I'm gonna try and re-install it..

Define "trouble". Doesnt load this map? crashes? it freezes?

Most likley i will go with the above scenario, be sure to rename two of the files as stated above.

I will look into the bays here in a bit unless some one posts the fix before I do.

Guest Rocksport1
I think your confusing paths and streets.

So dont have the hazmat guys int the way of the tent when you go to set it up. You do realize when they get in the tent it takes like 10/15 seconds or so for the people to decontaminate?

Yeah, the blue status bar appears. I remember reading somewhere, might of been this thread. That there is a problem with the contamination acciddents in the freeplay map? That would explain this issue.

Guest GB619

I got mine installed,correct map,but no events happen,i speeded up game,and got to the night,but still no events,im using EM4 UK version,so im puzzled why no events start.

If i fix it i will post here,but atm,im at a loss as to why the events dont even start...grrrr

But nicely made map wOOd

Okay, here is what I have found.

There is a gang member with a pistol in his hand on the Club Street. It's over by the train station. I deleted him through the editor and events are starting to happen sooner. Still takes a little time, but not too horribly long. How I figured this out is that I was in-game and just so happened to notice him. So I sent a PD unit to arrest him. As soon as he was he was transported to the station, I recieved an ACTUAL incident. This just might be a coincidence but, I don't think it is.

As far as the street issues go, I'm not confusing paths with streets. I'll post of a screenshot here in a few to show you what I am talking about.

Another bug I have noticed is that all of the people seem to stop walking on their paths. This meaning that they just all of a sudden stop.. That being said, they still spawn, so what you get is a LONG LONG line of people just standing around. I'm looking into a solution right now on my desktop.