w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

is there already some new news, i have a long time never heard of this project. i hope it will be there soon. at least it would be nice if i come at the same time as hoppah's map then i can use this one on my deluxe and hoppah's on the normal map.

Any news w00ds?

Yes i have some news: I finished my paper, almost finished my study and I am getting the keys of my new home in 2 weeks :D.

I am going to renovate my house for the next 6 months and when i am finished I will start my own business. So no more map modelling.

Thats why you all have to check the first post of this topic.

Guest GB619
Yes i have some news: I finished my paper, almost finished my study and I am getting the keys of my new home in 2 weeks :D.

I am going to renovate my house for the next 6 months and when i am finished I will start my own business. So no more map modelling.

So i would guess this mod is now dead in the water.

If thats the case then thanks for all you have done,but you just have to say you are no longer going to release another addition,and i guess support for this mod will also be stopped,if thats the case then it needs to be removed from approved mods as it unfair for others to have to support someone else's mods.As there are bound to be people asking questions about the few probs with map etc

But once again good work you done wOOd and good luck with your new house and starting your own business :grinsevil:

Read the first topic. It's up to others to finish the map. There are enough experienced guys around here that can make the map work. I just don't want to waist my work.

wait so we can download the map and use it even if we don't make changes? also do we need to put your site and other things somewhere if we are going to use it privitly?

Ps: when did you post that and also good luckwith the busniess and house

Your fan,

Jab16

Well usually people make a new post when there is an update.

So i would guess this mod is now dead in the water.

If thats the case then thanks for all you have done,but you just have to say you are no longer going to release another addition,and i guess support for this mod will also be stopped,if thats the case then it needs to be removed from approved mods as it unfair for others to have to support someone else's mods.As there are bound to be people asking questions about the few probs with map etc

But once again good work you done wOOd and good luck with your new house and starting your own business :grinsevil:

Just because w00ds isnt working on this any longer, doesnt mean it hsould just be locked up and throw it away.

Read the first topic. It's up to others to finish the map. There are enough experienced guys around here that can make the map work. I just don't want to waist my work.
Well good to see your not throwing it all away like most people here tend to do.

Guest GB619

I agree that it would be a shame to throw away hours of work,but it has been said that if someone releases a new map or mod they must support it,and he clearly wont,i like the new map,but we all know there willbe lots of ppl who will come here and ask all sorts of questions on why does this not work etc,i willbe happy to help with issues,but was just making a point.

Like i said,i respect what wOOd has done and i am not having a go at him

And i guess the first round of questions will involve

How do i install the new map,as there are no instructions with the download on where or how to install the new map etc....lol

I will give a cookie to the first person to ask..he he he

wait so we can download the map and use it even if we don't make changes? also do we need to put your site and other things somewhere if we are going to use it privitly?

Ps: when did you post that and also good luckwith the busniess and house

Your fan,

Jab16

Yes you can download the map and use it. You only need to comply to the copywrites if you release the map somewhere. For example, you spend some hours fixing the last bugs, post the map so other people can download it, then you need to mention my name, my website and that is was orginaly my map. Thats all. If you use it privatly then you don't have to anything with the copywrites. It only means that you are allowed to make changes and to publish it. And that you are not allowed to sell it or to earn money with it.

I will add this also in the start post.

Congrats on the house W00D!

Thnxs!

Well usually people make a new post when there is an update.

I did and referd to the startpost ;). This way everything stays nice at one place.

I agree that it would be a shame to throw away hours of work,but it has been said that if someone releases a new map or mod they must support it,and he clearly wont,i like the new map,but we all know there willbe lots of ppl who will come here and ask all sorts of questions on why does this not work etc,i willbe happy to help with issues,but was just making a point.

Like i said,i respect what wOOd has done and i am not having a go at him

And i guess the first round of questions will involve

How do i install the new map,as there are no instructions with the download on where or how to install the new map etc....lol

I will give a cookie to the first person to ask..he he he

Well the most of you have brains, and the most of you are known with the first map I made. You install it the same way offcourse. But ok, I will at this also to the startpost.

And I will be around the coming 2 weeks to awnser the first couple of question to help you guys getting started. The hole purpose of this is that I don't trow a lot of work away and make this somekind of opensource like project. Where the community finishes this rough diamond.

Guest GB619

It's ok wOOd im not dissing you.

You have put alot of effort into this,and as in the past many of us have offered asssitance with some of the bugs,we will all do it again.

And yes we all have brains,but it better if you put installation instructions so that at least they are there for all to see.

Again well done and we hope to see you after the 2 weeks even if it is just to say hi,it's not as if you are leaving the planet...lol :nighty:

Well I can't recall all the bugs, it's about 2 month ago that I worked on it.

But what I still know is:

* Traffic is driving slower if you run the map in the standard version

* Some path issues with the second firestation.

* In the first station the engines are standing reversed. (fix for it below)

* Ambu from hospital to FS1 drives trough the forest (sometimes)

* in the deluxe version events take a few minutes to start.

* sometimes traffic jams in the village (lower left corner)

* ...?

Open the script LAFireStationStart.srcipt

There are the codes for all the spawning vehicles.

Look at the last 3 vehciles (near irtual object VO_AMBULANCE04, VO_ENGINE05 en VO_HAZMAT; These are from FS2). You see that there is added some more code incompare to the other vehicles.

For example the next rule of VO_AMBULANCE04:

GameObjectList gate08a = Game::GetGameObjects(NAME_GATE08A);

for(int i=0; i < gate08a.GetNumObjects(); i++)

GameObject *gate = gate08a.GetObject(i);

CODE

m.SetRotation(gate);

To every garagedoor belongs a virtual object. The script craps the location of the virtual object and rotates the vehicle to it. You will have to modify the other vehicles like this.

(thnxs to hoppah who give the solution to me in dec 2008)

after working on this script all day i have gotten no where.

here is the script:

ActorList l7 = Game::GetActors(VO_AMBULANCE01);

for(int i=0; i < l7.GetNumActors(); i++)

{

GameObjectList gate01a = Game::GetGameObjects(NAME_GATE01A);

for(int i=0; i < gate01a.GetNumObjects(); i++)

GameObject *gate = gate01a.GetObject(i);

Vector Ambulance01 = l7.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();

Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_AMBULANCE02, UNNAMED);

m.EnableBlueLights(false);

m.SetPosition(Ambulance01);

m.SetRotation(gate);

m.UpdatePlacement();

m.SetMaxPassengers(2);

m.SetMaxTransports(1);

m.SetSpeed(12.0f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 2, false);

}

and here is what it looks like ingame:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/357666...2888a9d.jpg?v=0

is there are any ideas i would be open to try them.

- Jon

i get woods new map floor, and hoppah's building placement..... any help? this happened with woods old map and i gave up trying to fix it...... i've reinstalled the game and also redownloaded the la mod several times to get the same problem....

EM4 Standard config. ( its off the cd with EM3 English and french and EM4 English and french.... both on the same CD)

Make sure that you placed all the 3 files in the correct map

mods\los angels mod v1.8\maps

If you want to play the map in the standard (or 911) version, you will have to rename the files dfreeplay.eft and dfreeplay.em4 to freeplay.eft and freeplay.em4.

I played the map last night, I updated the buglist. But I can tell you that the map is playable at the moment.

the map works for me. i had to go into the editor and load the map, load the floor and then save it. it works for me great. awsome job w00d i love it. if i could only fix the fs1 problem this map would be complete.

best of luck to you w00d. thanks for the map and hard work.

- Jon

the map works for me. i had to go into the editor and load the map, load the floor and then save it. it works for me great. awsome job w00d i love it. if i could only fix the fs1 problem this map would be complete.

best of luck to you w00d. thanks for the map and hard work.

- Jon

Thnxs!, The fix for the fs1 problem is a few posts up. If you managed to fix it, plz share the script ;) Then I will added it to the startpost, so other can download it.

I can take up to almost 5 minutes for the first even start in the map. How it comes I don't know, but after that the events come in a normal rate.