w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

i know it is not nice to ask but i was amazed by the screenshots and i would like to download it. so what is the progress of the map?

Still at the same level as it was in jan this year. I had and have sevaral injuries, such as a dislocated wrist and at the moment a really painfull shoulder. And I am to busy at the moment to finish the map. So maybe later this year..

O and the forum looks nice, good job guys

Just to let you guys know, I am working again on the map. I also contacted the developer of the game so see if I can get some support from them in debugging the new map.

I had a version of the map working yesterday, but today the same version didn't work. So that is really weird, You should say if it works one day, and I changed nothing, then it should work also another time.

Well lets hope that sixteen-tons is willing to respond.

Ok the map is working, in both deluxe and normal version :D Now I only need to finetune the map...

there is only one small issue, I just bought a house :D (and it needs a lot of renovation work :gruebel:)

Patrol paths, are just like normal paths, but they are called patrol 1, etc... If I am correct... They are picked by a vehicle when you click the patrol button, and can be assigned under the patrol script, if I am right... If you want to add new ones, you will either have to delete one and re make it, or edit the script, but you can alter them by editing patrol... (where ... = whatever the path name is)

^great to hear woods! Was sixteen tons or wizard works of any assistance?

Nope, no response from sixteen tons.. I still have one problem and that is that you will have to wait one ingame hour for the first events, ok it gives you time to setup your patrols, but it's weird. But after that hour you get all events as normal.

w00d, thats awsome that they work. Keep up the good work and congrats on the house. Is there a way you could explain how to add patrool paths, if you know how? Thanks.

- Jon

Thnxs.

Guest GB619

Good to hear form you wOOd,hope your injuries heal quick,and enjoying your new home,it good to see some info about yr new map and how things are coming along,we all thought you had left for good,so it good to see you back,and us die hards can still wait till your ready to release your map. :popcorn:

Yeah I have been away for while, but it was allways in mine mind. You know I had already spend over 100 hours in the map, thats not something that you trow away easily.

But I have to spend time on my study, I am writing my scriptie (paper?) so that takes alot of time. So what I was thinking of tonight, is to release beta versions. This way everbody can test it and send feedback witch I can fix when I have the time.

I will come back to that idea later ;)

First I need to contact Hoppah, hope that I can still send pm's to him...

Guest [SAP]Francis
whatever happens i can probably speak for most people when i say that we all look foward to this :rolleyes:

True, we all are checking this topic for new updates :P

By the way w00d, Hoppah's PM box is closed. Sorry.

If you release the beta tonight that would be awesome. I get my new monitor today so it would be a huge treat! I got stuck using an old blurry CRT monitor for the past few days.

Can this be made compatible with multiplayer? Some of us are tired to the same MP-map over again!

Not quite understanding you completley but I think everything for the LA mod(and every other mod, as well as the standard game) is capable of being used in multi player so long as you and the other player have the exact same mods installed, and I assume the maps have to be the same(not just the same map but no alterations to the map unless you both have the exact same alterations.

True, we all are checking this topic for new updates :P

By the way w00d, Hoppah's PM box is closed. Sorry.

Not for me ;) So that issue is fixed

If you release the beta tonight that would be awesome. I get my new monitor today so it would be a huge treat! I got stuck using an old blurry CRT monitor for the past few days.

Tonight? are you kidding? Was more thinking of this month ;)

So what I was thinking of tonight, is to release beta versions. This way everbody can test it and send feedback witch I can fix when I have the time.

What

Xplorer4x4 thought that you meant you were thinking about releasing it 'tonight' but you meant 'tonight you were thinking maybe you will release the beta version (no specific date)

Lol, I'm bad at explaining things. Sorry if I got anyone confused and caused them 'mental therapy

:gruebel:

What

Xplorer4x4 thought that you meant you were thinking about releasing it 'tonight' but you meant 'tonight you were thinking maybe you will release the beta version (no specific date)

Lol, I'm bad at explaining things. Sorry if I got anyone confused and caused them 'mental therapy

:gruebel:

Um....yes he probably realized that already when i said I misunderstood his wording.