w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

submodbannersebf2.png

Second edition map

Ok, I don't have, and I don't want to take, the time anymore to build the new map. I recently bought a house thats needs a lot of renovation work. I have also real plans for starting my own business, so I will never finish this map.

But I don't want to waist 100's of hours work, there for I have desided that I will release the map as it is. All the paths are laid down, some accidents, peoples, cars, scenery, houses, trafficlights, animals, emergency stations name and it's allready done.

So what is left? Well testing the map and fixing the bugs. Also the map need more accidents. It is up the this community to finish this map, under some rules!:

• My name will always be mentioned > Rudy Mens (LazyAdmin)
  • My website will always be mentioned: www.lazyadmin.nl
  • You will respect my work.
  • You will respect and read the given copywrites as stated below.

somerights20.png

Freeplay map - second edition van Rudy Mens is in licentie gegeven volgens een Creative Commons Naamsvermelding-Niet-commercieel-Gelijk delen 3.0 Nederland licentieGebaseerd op een werk op forum.emergency-planet.com.

Toestemming met betrekking tot rechten die niet onder deze licentie vallen zijn beschikbaar voor

www.lazyadmin.nl

So yes you can download the map and use it. You only need to comply to the copywrites if you release the map somewhere. For example, you spend some hours fixing the last bugs, post the map so other people can download it, then you need to mention my name, my website and that is was orginaly my map. Thats all. If you use it privatly then you don't have to do anything with the copywrites. It only means that you are allowed to make changes and to publish it. And that you are not allowed to sell it or to earn money with it.

You can read the details of the license in dutch here.

You can read the details of the license in english here. The license is based on the law of the Netherlands.

Download the files

Update, bug fix by Xplorer4x4 at 18-08: Download

This fixes the problem with not being able to enter the Club Fitness. Several times I had an injured person in the building which I couldnt reach since i couldnt enter the building. I also, as stated above, was not able to extinguish fires at this building since the firers sparked inside and there was no way to access the inside of the building.

-------------------------------------

Update, bug fix by Xplorer4x4 Download

Ok I have taken the time to package up the bug fix files, courtesy of w00ds, and a fixed version of the LAFirestationStart.script containing the fix for the backwards apertures at Fire Station 1. I also took the time to make copies of the .dds and .e4m files so that it contains a freeplay.dds and freeplay.e4m and dfreeplay.dds and dfreeplay.e4m eliminating the need to rename the files or having to load it as the standard version map for those of us with EM4 Deluxe. Link will be added to post when it is done uploading.

-------------------------------------

Orginal files, by w00d You can download the files here

F.A.Q.

How do I install the map?

The same way as you installed the first new freeplay map ;)

1. Download and unpack the dfreeplayr.zip file. (30mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 3 files' to your Emergency 4Mod\Los Angeles Mod v1.x\maps folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

4. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

You should have replaced this 2 files:

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

And also added the .eft file.

Some info

As already announced in my topic of the first new freeplay map am I working on a second edition. As I am closing in on the first beta release of this map I thought that it would be nice to keep you guys updated.

The first release of the map will be compatible with the normal and 911:FR version of EM4. So there won't be any deluxe events in the first place. That doesn't mean that you can't play the map if you have the deluxe version.

Later if all the bugs are out of the map and if I still have the time I will maybe add the deluxe events.

Do's and don't in this topic

- Don't ask howto make or modify things. The maps is released as it is. So just except it.

News

16-08-09: With the help of Souljaboy, Xplorer4x4 and GB619 are some of the bugs fixed.

14-01-09: Getting closer and closer to the first beta release. Problems at the moment: traffic management.

Screens

(plz ignore the striping in the first screenshot. Still searching for the best solution)

view1mb9.jpg

view2zx2.jpg

view3bb6.jpg

view4gs9.png

view5xt2.png

view6tg1.png

Thanks w00d, are you going to have the emergency vehicles be able to get somewhere without taking 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get there, in the previous map you released sending a vehicle out of the police station took forever since it just stood still.

Thanks w00d, are you going to have the emergency vehicles be able to get somewhere without taking 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get there, in the previous map you released sending a vehicle out of the police station took forever since it just stood still.

that was a small problem but that map was still great

it was something new and not the same old thing

Dynamic lighting issues would be my concern with all those lights, but if it's freeplay like he said it is, I believe it'll be allright and since it's a submod if it doesnt work for you you can always revert back:)

I wonder this map will cause any lag? Looks like more objects are on this map?

w00d, When you manage to get a chance, Could you answer a question or two i have?

Well,

#1. Has the layout of the fire stations/police/hospital changed? As in where things are parked, station orientation, etc. If so, would you mind posting some 'teaser' screenshots.

#2. Would it be possible for you to post a top-down screenshot? That'd be just great :D

#3. Will this map be any more resource intensive (Ram, CPU, GPU) than the standard or your previous map?

Thanks a lot.

I think some ppl need to read the statement below in red before posting certain comments

Do's and don't in this topic

- Don't ask for the beta release. I already have some beta testers. If I am interested in more testers then I will announce it

- Don't start over things that you think that are wrong in the mod. This isn't a released version, so no need for reporting bugs, design mistakes or whatever.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Looks great,will look forward to the release

w00d, When you manage to get a chance, Could you answer a question or two i have?

Well,

#1. Has the layout of the fire stations/police/hospital changed? As in where things are parked, station orientation, etc. If so, would you mind posting some 'teaser' screenshots.

#2. Would it be possible for you to post a top-down screenshot? That'd be just great :D

#3. Will this map be any more resource intensive (Ram, CPU, GPU) than the standard or your previous map?

Thanks a lot.

w00d has permission to do map changes. That doesn't mean he has permission to change the whole layout of the station or even the models of them. :)

I wonder this map will cause any lag? Looks like more objects are on this map?

Well at the camera angle that I took the screenshot it is really laggy, but I don't have any problems with the normal camera angke.

Well,

Thanks a lot.

-1 No

-2 The top down screenshot will be released at the same time that first beta is released.

-3 Yes, I placed more objects and more detaild in the maps, so it will be more resource intensive.

w00d has permission to do map changes. That doesn't mean he has permission to change the whole layout of the station or even the models of them. :)

(I don't even know how to change the models at the moment)

Update 14 jan

I added 3 more screenshots. The accidents counter is on 21 at the moment. I have one "big" issue at the moment and that is traffic management. I have to time the amount of cars and traffic lights correctly to prevent huge traffic jams. But I am almost there.. (I think)