bama1234

NYC Private Mod

Guest MonkeySquasher

Hey, I loved the EM3 mod for FDNY. Personally, I'd love to have a NYC mod, I just don't have knowledge or time to make it nearly as good as the LA mod, so I don't bother. Why spend forever building something when you already have something totally sweet to play? lol

He said it was for private use. You don't need permission for private (non-released) changes. He did say this was for the LA mod. That's what I have a concern about.

Hey, sorry about the confusion. I'm making a New York conversion for the LA Mod. And, I'm not planning on releasing it, all it is is a personal project. Pics should be out by noon today.

Why should it matter whether or not he puts it in the LA mod. maybe he wants to add a little touch of home into the mod. Maybe he's from NYC and wants to have a couple of vehicles from his area to make the game cooler. Think about all that next time you start harping on a new member.

Welcome to the forum :).

em4freak

Why should it matter whether or not he puts it in the LA mod. maybe he wants to add a little touch of home into the mod. Maybe he's from NYC and wants to have a couple of vehicles from his area to make the game cooler. Think about all that next time you start harping on a new member.

Welcome to the forum :).

em4freak

Thx for the backup, but as a matter of fact, I'm not from New York, I'm from Alabama, I'm just tired of waiting for someone to come out with a New York mod.

Now:

I took the pictures, and I'm currently trying to get them uploaded and posted. So please be patient, I think you'll like the ambulance.

Thx for the backup, but as a matter of fact, I'm not from New York, I'm from Alabama, I'm just tired of waiting for someone to come out with a New York mod.

Now:

I took the pictures, and I'm currently trying to get them uploaded and posted. So please be patient, I think you'll like the ambulance.

Sorry about the wait. Here's the ambulance, I'm working on a police car and a fire truck so you can expect pics of those soon.

Edited By: MikeyPI- Merged Posts- As said use edit instead of posting twice in a row.

Ok, here is where we run into a minor problem. You can't just upload them. While I think it is still really cool that you have these, because it is a very impressive skin, you need permission from Hoppah and the members of the LA Mod first to post any sort of changes you have made to the mod. Also please do not double post. I don't want you to get yelled at by others :)

em4freak

Ok, here is where we run into a minor problem. You can't just upload them. While I think it is still really cool that you have these, because it is a very impressive skin, you need permission from Hoppah and the members of the LA Mod first to post any sort of changes you have made to the mod. Also please do not double post. I don't want you to get yelled at by others :)

em4freak

Alright, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check with Hoppah before I do anything else.

For personal use Hoppah does not mind you altering his creations, you just require his permission to release or distribute any alterations that are done. There is no general rule of thumb I can give since permissions are granted on a case-by-case basis, but you did a nice job on the ambulance:) You are permitted to show pictures of any work you do for your own use though, if you just want to show off your efforts to other members:)

Alright, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check with Hoppah before I do anything else.

Hey guys.

Working (personally) on an FDNY ambulance for the LA Mod/ hope to have pics out 2morrow.

Happy New Years!

It's fine as long it's a personal change.

There won't be a permission to release it. If I give one guy permission, other people are going to bitch why they don't get permission.

And that's exactly what I want to prevent. Read the 'copyright thread' to understand why. :)

Tip:

If you really want to make a NYC-mod learn 3D-moddeling at least. Then make some nice models and THEN we can talk about sharing vehicles.

If you don't even want or have the time to learn 3D-moddeling, you're not dedicated and/or motivated enough to make a mod.

It's fine as long it's a personal change.

There won't be a permission to release it. If I give one guy permission, other people are going to bitch why they don't get permission.

And that's exactly what I want to prevent. Read the 'copyright thread' to understand why. :)

Tip:

If you really want to make a NYC-mod learn 3D-moddeling at least. Then make some nice models and THEN we can talk about sharing vehicles.

If you don't even want or have the time to learn 3D-moddeling, you're not dedicated and/or motivated enough to make a mod.

Ok. Just so you know, I'm not planning on releasing it in any way without your permission. I respect the work you've done, and I love the LA Mod:) So, this is just for personal use, and is not going to be released, just so everyone understands. However, I do have some more pictures I'd like to release, as long as that's okay.

Ok. Just so you know, I'm not planning on releasing it in any way without your permission. I respect the work you've done, and I love the LA Mod:) So, this is just for personal use, and is not going to be released, just so everyone understands. However, I do have some more pictures I'd like to release, as long as that's okay.

Pictures and videos are fine. People posted them before.

But, let me warn you, people WILL message you to share your changes when you post screenshots.

Hoppah :)

Pictures and videos are fine. People posted them before.

But, let me warn you, people WILL message you to share your changes when you post screenshots.

Hoppah :)

Pictures should be out tonight, guys. I've got a new ambulance, a new police car (NYPD Highway Patrol), and I redid the FDNY ambulance.