MikeyPI

[EM4] Suggestions/Ideas Thread: (Revised)

What if a second battalion was created, it would be like a special operations chief that could call in the heavy rescue, move the USAR command to his panel so he would call it out instaed of B1, a roll back truck and your ALS RA and replace the BLS RA with the coroners van, so basically, you have all your heavy equipment units and some special units under his command for technical rescue stuff like vehicle in the water type incidents and the first battalion would be your normal fire units (engine, light force, RA's, etc.) and he could be in a dif. type of vehicle..***cough cough durango cough** ;), just my idea

What if a second battalion was created, it would be like a special operations chief that could call in the heavy rescue, move the USAR command to his panel so he would call it out instaed of B1, a roll back truck and your ALS RA and replace the BLS RA with the coroners van, so basically, you have all your heavy equipment units and some special units under his command for technical rescue stuff like vehicle in the water type incidents and the first battalion would be your normal fire units (engine, light force, RA's, etc.) and he could be in a dif. type of vehicle..***cough cough durango cough** ;), just my idea

I like the idea of having a Special Operations Battalion. Good Suggestion.

Hoppah,

I think it would be cool if you had some freeplay events that have terroists who release a toxic gas which would spread as time goes by, injuring people. This would be a mass casualty incident. You could create a LAPD hazmat car http://o.wao.com/policecaronline/home/Phot...apdhazmat1.html which could have police that could go into the hot zone to arrest the terrorist without being contaminated.

On the freeplay map you could make a big beach with lots of people. You could have 1, 2, or 3 life guard towers on the beach for looks. You could create a life guard and a life guard truck, and may be even a life guard boat. Mikes photos has some cool shots of the life guard units, or you could watch the tv show, "Ocean Force" and get a bucnh of ideas from them.

Mike

Merged By: MikeyPI- Edit posts.

See The LIST, We have covered adding new events already....

Ok but thats why he should create a few different ones for other versions like 911 FR and EM4 (regualar edition) It would be pretty cool.

Regards, Mike

From what I know about all the SMART cars, they are currently being used more or less as prototypical cars, aside from that unless you are describing a different type of SMART car than I am familiar with, I do not know what use it would have in the mod.....

I built the Harley, and I won't be making a new type of motorcycle anytime soon, that one took quite enough time and effort to do, the Harleys are still in use throughout the USA, which is why I did that particular motorcycle, aside from that at the time it was the one that Mikesphotos Supplied Pictures For.

Something that might be cool to have is the LAPD Smart Car. Or the new Motorcycles that they use now instead or in addition to the old Harley.

Guest MonkeySquasher
ok MikeyPL but what about the life guards.

What would the point be? You'd spend the time making the towers, and making a 4x4 and a Lifeguard unit. Then you'd have to add the spawn locations, the paths, and then the people to spawn and walk the paths. But since you don't want fully clothed people on a beach, now you need to skin new people in bathing suits to spawn on the beach. Then, so it's not all completely useless, you'd need to add missions surrounding it... Which would mean more "person in the water" scenerios, more injured people on the beach, maybe a crime or two (drunken fight, pick-pocket)...

While I'll agree, they ARE a type of first responder, and it would add something... different... to the gameplay, in the end it'd probably be a LOT of time for very little added gameplay. Plus I hate anything in the water. >:o

Also, an actual suggestion.. Can we speed up the diver? Or do I just have to go into the scripts every time there's a release? haha

Also, an actual suggestion.. Can we speed up the diver? Or do I just have to go into the scripts every time there's a release? haha

I would second this, because of two reasons:

#1. I find it gets really annoying waiting for the diver to hobble along to get into the water

#2. I know this has been argued about realisim, but i find it's got a spot in this case. But i highly doubt that the trained LAFD Divers would walk that fast.

But MonkeySquasher, could you let me know how you sped the diver up? :)

That's actually not a bad idea. I keep it mind and see what I can do. Maybe I can switch some commands with the current Battalion Chief and EMS captain. They are both basicly the same except for the healing commands now.

I thought it isn't possible to change the (walking/running) speeds of the persons.

That's actually not a bad idea. I keep it mind and see what I can do. Maybe I can switch some commands with the current Battalion Chief and EMS captain. They are both basicly the same except for the healing commands now.

It is a good idea but we must ask ourselves, "Does LA actually have a chief/commander like that"?

One option might be to give the USAR FF the ability to call for the heavy rescue, and give the EMS supervisor the ability to call for the coronor.

On the BC and EMS supervisor being almost the same. I initially thought (before 1.7 was out) the the EMS supervisor would only be able to call medically related units such as the ALS RA, the BLS RA, Engine 1, air ambulance, and maybe a light force, along with a patrol car. When the beta manual came out I realized I was wrong.

One option might be to give the USAR FF the ability to call for the heavy rescue, and give the EMS supervisor the ability to call for the coronor.

Great idea and follows what I was thinking earlier as well - The new call from off the map command really opens the game up and makes it a lot more realistic to play I think.

You could play the game entirely without the main unit calling tabs if most of the commands were integrated into on call commands for certain players, but that would be a pretty big undertaking. Hoppah would probably want to look at having a Captain or Lieutenant on firetrucks that would have their needed commands added to them as opposed to giving them to every firefighter.

Captains or Lieutenants could have the ability to call Battalion Chiefs, as well as the full suite of additional fire apparatus, (including the units that are not in the station).

Paramedics could have the ability to call EMS Supervisors or for additional EMS resources, (ALS Box, ALS Engine or BLS Box).

This is just a testament to how great the mod is getting - keep up the outstanding work.

To make the Captain/Lieutenant different from the BC you could make them only able to call certain units such as Engine 1 & 2, a light force, both kinds of RAs, the BC, and police backup. The specialized units (USAR, HAZMAT etc.) would have to be called via the BC or the unit menu.

EMT stretcher teams could call for a ALS RA, ALS engine, and a EMS supervisor. PM stretcher teams could call for a BLS RA and the EMS supervisor.

USFS FFs could call the fire plane.

USAR FFs could call the heavy rescue.

Regular FF/PMs and FF/EMTs wouldn't be able to call anything.

What would the point be? You'd spend the time making the towers, and making a 4x4 and a Lifeguard unit. Then you'd have to add the spawn locations, the paths, and then the people to spawn and walk the paths. But since you don't want fully clothed people on a beach, now you need to skin new people in bathing suits to spawn on the beach. Then, so it's not all completely useless, you'd need to add missions surrounding it... Which would mean more "person in the water" scenerios, more injured people on the beach, maybe a crime or two (drunken fight, pick-pocket)...

While I'll agree, they ARE a type of first responder, and it would add something... different... to the gameplay, in the end it'd probably be a LOT of time for very little added gameplay. Plus I hate anything in the water. >:o

It would be realistic, the lifeguards could provide BLS treatment, until an ALS unit arrives on scene. You would not have to create different spawning point for the life guard truck ( http://k43.pbase.com/g6/89/600489/2/77460182.AqXDNExa.jpg ) you could have a pier with watch towers.

Mike

there are already people in bathing suits ingame, and Darren-NYPD might let Hoppah use his LA lifeguards :)

Besides the suicidal people and car accidents in the water, there aren't any events that would make them usefull. :popcorn:

edit: Each person with the dive command walks like the normal diver anyway...

Another small suggestion that I know you thought of after 1.7 came out, was a command to send the ALS engine to station 1 or 2.

The other option to that would be to either to reskin the ALS engine to another number in the LAFD inventory, (with maybe some other cosmetic changes to further distiguish the 2 of them), and have another vehicle in the inventory; or to make a new model with a newer engine that would again be a new vehicle.

To settle the lifeguard thing, we'll just pave the beaches in the next version, that'll do it nicely I think.

The engines to me are personally easilly distinguishable as it is, their models are not exactly the same anyway. New engines look practically the same as the old ones from those mikesphotos has shown me, there is not enough of a difference between the ones in the mod and the brand new ones unless you look extremely closely, so I don't think it is worth the time to make a new model for that purpose. It is just my opinion, anyway.

Another small suggestion that I know you thought of after 1.7 came out, was a command to send the ALS engine to station 1 or 2.

The other option to that would be to either to reskin the ALS engine to another number in the LAFD inventory, (with maybe some other cosmetic changes to further distiguish the 2 of them), and have another vehicle in the inventory; or to make a new model with a newer engine that would again be a new vehicle.

hey hoppah is there any way you could make a long bank robbery mission where you could have a large bank with alot of hostages and you would have to negotiate to get them all out but you would also have to look around the scene for people that the suspects want to talk to or something like that

To settle the lifeguard thing, we'll just pave the beaches in the next version, that'll do it nicely I think.

The engines to me are personally easilly distinguishable as it is, their models are not exactly the same anyway. New engines look practically the same as the old ones from those mikesphotos has shown me, there is not enough of a difference between the ones in the mod and the brand new ones unless you look extremely closely, so I don't think it is worth the time to make a new model for that purpose. It is just my opinion, anyway.

So you will no longer have the beachs?

Guest MonkeySquasher

rofl. That Counting Crows song suddenly came to mind... "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"

I actually like this idea though. Pave the beaches into more city.. When placing buildings and pathways, you could add the public works/DoT building (So you wouldn't have to edit the map anywhere else, just add it where you're ALREADY editing the map. No need to move anything else around). OR at least add the area to modify into a PW/DOT area later. Means less crappy water missions, more MVCs and fire. =D

House discountect button. Currently the Fire enginees and foam tender have button that when press has all the fire fighter exit the vehicle and attach house. Once the fire is done, you can press the button and all the fire fighters take off the house. Is it possible to also have them renter the vehicle?