Guest wallers

help please

Guest wallers

hi

i got emergency 4 to day and have installed it and when i click on the icon to play it does not let me play and a message comes up saying emergency 4 has encounted a problem and needs to close now every time i click on emergency 4

does anyone now how i can get rid of this problem thanks

Guest wallers
What are your computer specs?

yeh ive done that but nothin happens

what are computer specs

Edited By: Mikey Merged posts.

You can type below a quote or try editing the post if you forgot your text.

So post your computer specs and we might be able to offer more help

Things to try,update your graphics card drivers

Try re installing the game

We want to help,but you gotta helps us too with information....

Edit:Just seen your post asking what pc specs are

Operating system,gfx card ,proceessor

Memory

To find this on xp

Start

My computer

Computer spec

On Vista

Windows symbol,bottom left task bar

Computer

System properties

Finding your gfx card info

XP

Right click on desktop

Personalise i think,longtime since i used XP

display settings

Vista

right click again on desktop

Personalise

display settings

Guest wallers

ive done all of that (reinstall the game and up date ma graphics card) and it is still not working and on my computer i have no computer specs but i know that everthing is compatable with the game.

ive done all of that (reinstall the game and up date ma graphics card) and it is still not working and on my computer i have no computer specs but i know that everthing is compatable with the game.

First upload you DXDIAG file:

start --> run --> type DXDIAG --> save result --> upload it (via uploadfunction under text box when writing a post).

Next upload logfile:

wait for error to occur --> upload logfile.txt (it's in the main folder of EM4)

greetz,

Guest wallers
First upload you DXDIAG file:

start --> run --> type DXDIAG --> save result --> upload it (via uploadfunction under text box when writing a post).

Next upload logfile:

wait for error to occur --> upload logfile.txt (it's in the main folder of EM4)

greetz,

here is the spec you wanted

thankyou

thankyou

i think i no why it does not work in emergency 4 a 2 disks game or 1 because the game came with 1 disk

Edit By PyroThijs: Posts, merged. Please use the edit button next time. Double posting on this forum is prohibited. See the TOS and the FORUM FAQ

Edited by pyrothijs

thankyou

i think i no why it does not work in emergency 4 a 2 disks game or 1 because the game came with 1 disk

Edit By PyroThijs: Posts, merged. Please use the edit button next time. Double posting on this forum is prohibited. See the TOS and the FORUM FAQ

I think it has at least partly to do with your video drivers. They date bakc from 2006. You should visit your manufacturers website and download the most recent drivers. There is a manual on their website for that too.

EM4 is a one disk game. So Don't worry you're not missing a disc.

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest wallers
I do need the logfile to give a definitive answer, but I think it has at least partly to do with your video drivers. They date bakc from 2006. You should visit your manufacturers website and download the most recent drivers. There is a manual on their website for that too.

EM4 is a one disk game. So Don't worry you're not missing a disc.

when i install the game it asked for disk 2 and it only came with 1

when i install the game it asked for disk 2 and it only came with 1

You sure you bought EM4 (EM3 has two discs and can cause installation problems with the second disc).

In case it is EM4: where did you buy the game, what language is it in (version), can you send a picture of the game cover.

That odd,as if you look on the amazon site,it shows a slightly different cover to the one you have,i got mine from game.co.uk,and my front cover is this

This is my front cover

23112008136oe8.th.jpgthpix.gif

And also the cd and manual

23112008137ou0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Yours does not have the bluestone logo on cover,and im thinking did you buy a used copy of the game,as you may have been given an illegal copy,ebay is the worst for selling used games that are actual copies made from an original disc,only a thought....

EDIT:

But dont worry if you think you have a bad copy send it back,as amazon will usually refund without any problems,then go buy it from somewhere else

Guest wallers

my dad put a force fx5900 and got latest drivers for it from nvidia and i still did not work, same problem. think it might not be a legitimate as no manual and the box is not as posted above.

any more ideas would be great but i will be sending it back tomorrow

thanks again

my dad put a force fx5900 and got latest drivers for it from nvidia and i still did not work, same problem. think it might not be a legitimate as no manual and the box is not as posted above.

any more ideas would be great but i will be sending it back tomorrow

thanks again

Ah i guess it probs is an illegal copy,like i said send it back,and either goto your local game store,or go onto the game website and buy it there,i think this should sort your problem out,and also report the seller to amazon as they will deal with it,do let us know when you get another copy if that sorts your probs :cheers:

I am not sure if the game came with a manual anyway, most games especially the lower-cost ones have digital manuals (a PDF Manual) on the DVD/CD to save a buck on the printing costs involved in making the book manual, regardless of how much some of us would rather have a legit book instead of a print-out copy.... Such is the tightening of the gaming communities wallets even though profits are still high :1046275873_shakehead:

Even if he got it from amazon in the uk,they only selling the uk version with a manual,and if it a used copy,i still think it could be an illegal copy Mikey,so it best he send it back and get a copy from elsewhere then at least that should solve his issue,yeah he may have to wait a bit longer to play,but as he cant even play it atm then he aint got nuttin to lose

i got a new 1 from gamestation and that 1 does not work :1046275897_teufel:

Same error or different error?

And again was it an english version?

greetz,

p.s. please use the edit button next time. Double posting isn't allowed.

Hmmm,well after everything everyone suggested,im at a loss,maybe you cud tell us how old your pc is,and what system you got,as the specifications of your computer might not be upto the game......i cant think of anything else that cud stop it,hmm i have got anothe rtheory,but i wont post it here i will pm you to ask...