Guest Sir Stan

Montreal Mod

I think it will be classed as a submod until you show us some of your own vehicles.

Ditto.

You should stop asking left and right to use other people's work and start focusing on making new models already. I suggest you read this topic.

Siren sounds and mission ideas should be very low priorities when starting a mod.

Why sketch up??

it will just double your work load.

in sketch up:

1 model.

2. size.

3. paint.

4. save.

5. export.

then you need z modeler.

1. import(60$registered version)

2. resize(again)

3. make an new uv map(as sketch up skin does not work in z modeler.

4. Skin it (again)

5. Export it(again)

editor:

1. childs.

2. Superstructures(if needed)

3. lights.

4. commands.

5. save.

Scripts.

1. type

2. test.

3 modify.

4. retest.

and then done

(and this is just for one model).

it's no command just a tip for you guys.

Start with Z modeler.

You can get the same or better models out of it(and takes just as long as sketch up to learn it, (basic models).

And it saves you 60$ and 5 steps on the model building progress.

Just a tip :12:

EDIT: Don't take my post offensive please.

Though the truck looks good now, you will encounter serious problems, getting it right in the game.

As you need to use 2 different type of 3d programs.

And 1 is actually no more then a architect program(sketch up)

in sketch up:

1 model.

2. size.

3. paint.

4. save.

5. export.

You forgot to mention that to export models to any other format than Google proprietary formats, which are useless except to share models with other SketchUp users or to put into Google Earth, you need SketchUp Pro, which costs around 500-600$ last time I checked.

But yeah, your post pretty much sums up my opinion of SketchUp...

Anyway, since new models have been shown, I will be moving this topic again to Mods. However, I hope to see some ingames/in-editor in the near future, as SketchUp models often unfortunately remain nothing but SketchUp snapshots.

Edited by Voodoo_Operator

you need SketchUp Pro, which costs around 500-600$ last time I checked.

:Oo holly freaking **** :Oo

Did not knew that about sketch up.

All the more reason to stick with Z modeler if you ask me.

Guest [SAP]Francis
To be more precise, it's 495 USD.

There is the possibility of using a free trial, but it only lets you use the program for 8 hours, which anyone will tell you is not much when making a mod.

7 hours, and wont let you export.

Guest pmadden94
To be more precise, it's 495 USD.

There is the possibility of using a free trial, but it only lets you use the program for 8 hours, which anyone will tell you is not much when making a mod.

I use sketchup religiously. I am actually in the process of modeling my entire town, building by building with sketchup.

I NEVER knew you could use sketchup to make buildings for EM4 though...

So..i can script and model...now i just need to learn to skin..

Edit by staff: rest of this post removed. No talking about illegal activities on the forum.

Guest [SAP]Francis
Like **** ***** I'm paying 500 $ i rather use sketchup because its free :1046276128_motz:

Sketchup is not free, dumbass, read carefully, 500$ is for sketchup PRO which lets you EXPORT your model. With the free version you cannot export meaning you do these models for nothing. Kthxbai.

After travelling across Quebec yesterday and Tuesday to pick up a friend in Sydney, NS, I really learned to dislike Montreal Drivers. From what I saw, there is no courtesy there at all. Considering we (the three from Ontario) were the only ones who stopped to help at a roll-over accident on the East side of Montreal, I was pretty upset... But, nonetheless, as long as the people in game don't act as agressive and rude as the people I've encountered, I'm still looking forward to this mod. Also, please don't take this as hate-mail (or whatever) against Montreal, or all of Quebec for that matter, I'm just saying from what I saw, I was pretty disappointed. If anyone can shed light on where a Better part of Montreal may be, feel free to share :P:)

yes your right some of the drivers are crazy! i almost hit the side of an overpass thanks to them.at least im one less crazy on the roads of Quebec

And a HUGE thank-you for that :P hehe Is there a part of Montreal that has more polite people than downtown, or, even just fewer people period? :P