w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

submodbannerfm7.png

Some info about the map

Whats new in it?

- new accidents, 23 in total (new and old together), also on the highway

- alot of other events (boms, missing child, sniper, birdflu)

- 2 roadwork places, one managed with trafficlights

- 2 lane traffic on the highway

- new harbor

- Citywork (where rollback, crane, and engineer spawn and USCG chopper can land manually)

- Small military camp (where blackhawk can land manually)

- camp ground

- boulevard with hotel and little market

- Compatible with LAMOD 1.7 and later versions (LAMOD 1.7 is even required for this map!)

Changes in version 1.2

- Fixed the missing boxes at the camp ground

- Added several hydrant events

- Added several electricbox events

- Added contaiminated cloud event

- Added suicide person event (person walking on railroad)

- Added a 3th bridge over the river

- Added some more traffic

- Did some updating on the map (added people, object, animals at some places)

Changes in version 1.1

- Traffic paths for highway > fixes redirect traffic bug

- Removed not working trafficlights

- Changed patrolpath for ambu and police

- Moved blocking wheelbarrow at contructionsside

- Fixed civil spawnpoint at policestation

- Fixed waterline at the harbor > fixes drowning person bug

- Added fixed strair to airplane with opendoor

- Replaced streetlights > fixes model missing bug

- Moved civils out of there tent at the camp-side

- Give civils at the camp-side some chairs to sit on

- Fixed ambu parking at hospital

- Fixed street / driving paths at camp-side

- Moved Firestation 2 to north of trainstation

- Added east entrance for hospital

- Added some horses at the palace

- Added boats at the harbor

- Added new houseblock at the ease side of the map

- Added new houseblock north of the hospital

- Added new appartements at the old place of FS2

- Added grass to many places (for example the airport)

- Added little cabine to the forest

- Added new Industybuilding north of FS1

- Added streetlights at the harbor

- Added 3 more demostration targets

- Added a big accident with a truck on the highway

- Added a small accident near the villa's

- Added a small accident at the harbor

- Added a small accident at the policestation

- Added a small accident at the highway

- Added a small accident at the carpark of the airport

- Added view more sniper spots

- Added some people in openhouses

- Added driving freighttrain in the harbor

- Added driving vehicles at the airport

- Rebuild the camp-ground, now with the entrance more to the south

- Added driving forklift at the harbor (caused me alot of trouble)

News!

26-10-2008 - 1.2 released!

The new version is out. Hopefully with a fix for 911/FR. Also at a 3e bridge over the river. Itsn't a big update, but still an update. Again you need to download both files, the floor and the other one depending on your version of em4.

21-10-2008 - 1.1 released!

Well the new, major updated, state of the art, bug free, ultimate, fantastic, great, lovely and mosty time consuming version is out!! Hope you like it. Just for the record, I spend 12 to 15 hour in this version so please like, love it and especially: don't complain to much ;):P. Have fun with it, and let me know what you think about it.

21-10-2008 - Accident bug Fixed

Well the major bug that caused the problem that there are no accidents is fixed. I took me a few houres to discover the cause of it, but it is ok now.

I will release the map again as soon as posible. Need to fix a few minor bugs and make a install guide.

19-10-2008 - NEWS UPDATE ABOUT 1.1

I have just modified that startpost and added the change list for version 1.1. The new version isn't released yet, it is still being tested. I am hoping for a release as soon as possible.

Other important information

Know issue/Bug list

- Hazmet has some difficulties parking at fs2.

Can't be fixed, there just isn't enough space. Maybe I will fix it some day, but for now it is fine

- Emergency verhicles have some difficulties with the highway

Can't fix it, is a problem with the AI of EM4

To do list

- more accidents..

- keep fixing bugs ;)

- adding more small events

- try to add a contaimination event (untill now I could not get it working)

- do something with the airport, not that happy with it

- go to work :P

- ... (to be filled in later)

--------------------------------

Download The New Freeplay Map Version 1.2

Download links below the instructions. Read the instructions first!!! I made them with a reason.

icon11.gifInstallation Instructions:

1. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_Floor.zip file. (25mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

Now you should have in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps the following file: newfreeplay.eft

(So you don't have to rename it!)

4. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip OR New_Freeplay_normal.zip file. (Depending on you version of em4)

5. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

6. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

If you have the deluxe version of EM4 then you should have the following files in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps:

newfreeplay.eft

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

If you have the normal or 911/FR version of EM4 then you should have the following files in you mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps:

newfreepley.eft

freeplay.e4m

freeplay.dds

Witch version do I need?

If you have Emergency 4 Deluxe then you need "Deluxe version only". If you have the Emergency 4 or 911:First Responders then you need "Normal/911:FR version only".

icon10.gifInstallatie instructies:

1. Download en pak het bestand New_Freeplay_Floor.zip uit. (25mb's! groot)

2. Verplaats de map 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' naar je Emergency 4/Mods map.

3. Dit bestand heb je altijd nodig, ongeacht welke versie. Het vervang geen ander bestand.

Nu moet je in je mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps het volgende bestand hebben: newfreepley.eft

(Je moet het dus niet hernoemen)

4. Download en pak het bestand New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip OF New_Freeplay_normal.zip file uit. (Hangt van je versie van em4 af)

5. Verplaats de map 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' naar je Emergency 4/Mods map.

6. Zorg ervoor dat alle bestanden worden overschreven!

Als je de deluxe versie van EM4 hebt dan moet je nu de volgende bestanden in je mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps hebben:

newfreeplay.eft

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

Als je de normale of 911:FR versie van EM4 hebt dan moet je nu de volgende bestanden in je mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps hebben:

newfreepley.eft

freeplay.e4m

freeplay.dds

Welke versie heb ik nodig?

Als je Emergency 4 Deluxe hebt dan heb je "Deluxe version only" nodig. Als je de gewone Emergency 4 hebt of 911:First Responders dan de "Normal/911:FR version only"

Download links

You need to download the Floor again for 1.2 because of an update (the 3th bridge)!

Always needed! (Altijd nodig!) (also in 1.2) - New_Freeplay_Floor.zip: http://rapidshare.com/files/157717483/New_...r_v1.2.zip.html

For the Deluxe version only - New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip:New_Freeplay_deluxe_v1.2.zip

For the Normal/911:FR version only - New_Freeplay_normal.zip: New_Freeplay_normal_v1.2.zip

-----------------------------------------------------

Keep checking the startpost for new and updates.

Pictures say more then words, so here are some screenshots: (the red markers are new things in 1.1, the orange markers are "new" things from 1.0)

grid1gv2.png

grid2rn4.png

grid3ul0.png

grid4jt6.png

Edited by pyrothijs
  • Upvote 3

I like it. I hope Hoppah gives it a try.

One thing though, you should have placed the Police Station more to the center rather than to the corner.

The map looks nice indeed. I also agree about the position of the Police Station. I also see that the firestation is quite in a corner. But let's give it a try. Maybe we can play it soon!

The map looks nice indeed. I also agree about the position of the Police Station. I also see that the firestation is quite in a corner. But let's give it a try. Maybe we can play it soon!

The police stations is indeed in the corner, but most of the time you have cars patrolling around ( well i have ;) ) so that should be a probem. The Firestation 1 is able the respond quite fast to all points and firestation 2 covers the inner city.

Only the villa's in the south area are little far away for the vehicles, but you can't have it all ;).

Have you make the patrol paths and more?

offcourse man, it is fully compatible with 1.7 so also the patrol path, sniper places, missing persons , no zombies.. ( maybe later ) and no biohazard clouth. But there are some Bird flues, but also not that much.

Maybe some things for later.

And I almost forgot: there is a small army camp, where a black hawk can land ( manually ), but it doesn't have any funtion further. I can't get the army's cars to spawn there, because they where in the same category as some police vehicles.

And there is a "cityworks" where you can land a rescue chopper, and the tow car, crane and engineer spawn there.

offcourse man, it is fully compatible with 1.7 so also the patrol path, sniper places, missing persons , no zombies.. ( maybe later ) and no biohazard clouth. But there are some Bird flues, but also not that much.

Verry nice:)

I am making a map for my mod to.

Can i test the yours?

The police stations is indeed in the corner, but most of the time you have cars patrolling around ( well i have ;) ) so that should be a probem. The Firestation 1 is able the respond quite fast to all points and firestation 2 covers the inner city.

Only the villa's in the south area are little far away for the vehicles, but you can't have it all ;).

Sorry I didn't noticed the second fire station. my fault sorry. Well in that case you are right. And yes I also have cars patrolling the city so thats not really a big problem.

And about those villa's, it is more realistic if somethings the vehicles have to drive a bit longer before arriving at the scene.

So this map would allow people who own 911FR or EM4 to play the bird flu event?

Verry nice:)

I am making a map for my mod to.

Can i test the yours?

Well yes no problem, but I want to hear form Hoppah first. Not only his emergency buildings are in the map, but also some other stuff. If Hoppah says yes, then you can have a go to.

Sorry I didn't noticed the second fire station. my fault sorry. Well in that case you are right. And yes I also have cars patrolling the city so thats not really a big problem.

And about those villa's, it is more realistic if somethings the vehicles have to drive a bit longer before arriving at the scene.

No sorry needed ;), you can't see it all in the overviews.. And indeed about those villa's, that was my thought to.

So this map would allow people who own 911FR or EM4 to play the bird flu event?

Eh yeah, but there are only two bird flu events I think..

I don't really with some of the positions of the stations, but you got my ok to release it.

Make sure you ONLY upload the files you changed! That means an .e4m (the map with objects) and a .dds file (minimap) renamed to 'freeplay'. Can you do that?

Release it in a package like I did for the patch for v1.7. That means, a folder called 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' and a subfolder called 'Maps'.

Put it in a .zip file and use the Attachment function on this forum to share it.

Besides that, it's YOUR responsibility to deal with bugs and problems.

If you don't or can't fix bugs and people start whining at me, I have to remove the attachment again.

I'm also not going to test it, because I don't have time for it. If it turns out good, I will make this topic sticky.

I hope you agree with the above. :)

Hoppah

I don't really with some of the positions of the stations, but you got my ok to release it.

Make sure you ONLY upload the files you changed! That means an .e4m (the map with objects) and a .dds file (minimap) renamed to 'freeplay'. Can you do that?

Release it in a package like I did for the patch for v1.7. That means, a folder called 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' and a subfolder called 'Maps'.

Put it in a .zip file and use the Attachment function on this forum to share it.

Besides that, it's YOUR responsibility to deal with bugs and problems.

If you don't or can't fix bugs and people start whining at me, I have to remove the attachment again.

I'm also not going to test it, because I don't have time for it. If it turns out good, I will make this topic sticky.

I hope you agree with the above. :)

Hoppah

Well about the position of the station, we can discuss about that, but I think you will have to see it in practice. I will make an update file as you requested. ( You say freeplay.em4 but it's now dfreeplay.em4, hope that itsn't problem? )

But about the support, offcourse people shouldn't go to you if things don't work.

There is only one problem, I DON'T have the time this week to fix anything. I have an big exam ad the end of this week, so I have to study. So I think that it's smarter to release the map on Thursday Night so I can do give the support that people want / need.

it seems to me that there are 4-5 buildings that have the ambulance helicopter landing on top or just a cross. i was wondering if these are just visual or actually small hospitals or something?

The hospital path functions for the hospital. The Police station is for the police chopper. the other 2 ( "cityworks" and army ) are functioning, but only manually. So you can land a chopper there ( of your choice ). But you must land it there manually.

so do the fire stations spawn the same trucks and all that?

Yes, it is compatible with 1.7. So the same trucks etc.

Yeah ok, no problem at all. I also have maybe some question to you about the log file for debugging. ( is there a way to contact you privately if nessary ? )