Chax

.DDS issues.

So I'm trying to convert some .dds files to .jpg (or anything that can be edited), and I keep hitting the same wall. I've tried both the GIMP plug-in and DDS converter 2, and neither of them work. They just won't convert the files. They say the conversion failed. Thats all. Anybody help?

So I'm trying to convert some .dds files to .jpg (or anything that can be edited), and I keep hitting the same wall. I've tried both the GIMP plug-in and DDS converter 2, and neither of them work. They just won't convert the files. They say the conversion failed. Thats all. Anybody help?

If you use photoshop you will be able to open and edit DDS files directly without having to convert them.

If editing DDS files from LA mod just remember that the files will most likely be locked and must be unlocked first.

If you wish to unlock these files you can copy the files that you wish to unlock and rename the copies ending with .V3O instead of .dds (do not worry if you receive a warning that changing these files may cause them to stop functioning). I tend to copy the files to /Emergency4 (or 911FR)/mods/los Angeles mod v1.6 which makes it easier to locate the files later.

1. Run the EM4/911FR Editor and select modifications tab and click on Los Angeles mod v1.6.

2. Once this has loaded select the modifications tab again and this time choose unpack file. This should bring up a list of all V3O files available in that folder.

3. Double click the file that you renamed earlier and it will be unlocked.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each file that you wish to unlock.

Once complete close down the editor and open folder Emergency4(or 911FR)/mods/Los Angeles mod v1.6 and locate the files that you have just unlocked.

Rename the files back from .V3O to .dds (once again do not be concerned about the warning).

Now the files are ready to be opened in Photoshop or similar program and edited.

Hope this helps :)

Take care

Shane