Guest francismori7

Air horn script

Guest francismori7
I installed the long version, and it works fine. However, the command name comes up as "Vcmdhorn" instead of "Air horn" or something like that.

To fix this, open this file:

Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.6\Lang\en\command.xml

Add this line before "</strings>":

<string name="VcmdHorn">Urgent Air Horn</string>

That's all.

Thanks.

Guest francismori7
Thanks francis. I am glad to hear more people put their time in learning to mod (my mod). :)

I am wanting to, I just made two new commands; Accelerate and Brake.

Your cars can go faster on patrols :)

It uses GetSpeed and SetSpeed for a Vehicle variable.

Is there a list of ALL functions available? I mean, like, v.SetSpeed is a function.

Thanks.

BTW: Can you set my display name to [sAP]Francis?

Also, I bought a copy of IPB. If you want me to give the serial, I can ;)

Guest francismori7
From the SAP server on SA-MP?

Off course its me. LOL.

And, yes please Hoppah.

What about the IPB bought version and the functions list?

Guest [SAP]Francis
Done, you also got an email about this. :)

Ask Stan about the IPB thingy, he's the webmaster.

Thank you, I will contact him via PM. But, you didn't answer my question about the "list". Do you use a specific editor? I use NotePad+, not ++.

Thank you, I will contact him via PM. But, you didn't answer my question about the "list". Do you use a specific editor? I use NotePad+, not ++.

There is only this. It's German, but the codes are in English, so it should be understandable.

http://emergency4spektrum.de/index.php/Kategorie:Scripts

You can find 'GetSpeed' under GameObject. Note: That website IS NOT a tutorial.

Hmm. I dont really know alot about scripting in EM4, but seing how original EM4 sirens activates when an emergency vehicle approaches a car on the roads, would it be possible to have the siren automaticly change from wail to yelp/horn or from yelp to priority/horn when approaching other vehicles?

Also, normal vehicles stop for the lights at the intersections, would it be possible to have the sirens change there too?

If so, you would be able to create a very realistic siren-script.

Guest [SAP]Francis
Hmm. I dont really know alot about scripting in EM4, but seing how original EM4 sirens activates when an emergency vehicle approaches a car on the roads, would it be possible to have the siren automaticly change from wail to yelp/horn or from yelp to priority/horn when approaching other vehicles?

Also, normal vehicles stop for the lights at the intersections, would it be possible to have the sirens change there too?

If so, you would be able to create a very realistic siren-script.

I think it would.

Did I say that? :1046275873_shakehead:

Alot of things are possible in theory, but that doesn't mean I am going to make it.

It's a waste of time to me. I don't even have sirens which aren't edited (audio file with wail or yelp only).

The ones I had aren't used in LA.

Guest [SAP]Francis
:1046275873_shakehead:

These are NOT the correct sirens used by the LAFD and LAPD. (Source: MikesPhotos)

Sorry then, thought they were good. :)

But, I personally prefer the 1.5 sirens to 1.6 ones.

:1046275873_shakehead:

These are NOT the correct sirens used by the LAFD and LAPD. (Source: MikesPhotos)

Correct, while the accurate files are located on that sight, it has been a big topic of discussion on the elightbars.org forums and elsewhere that the web designer or whoever is in charge of the FedSig sight, put the wrong files with the wrong siren.

While this won't help you for that sight, here is a break down of what each dept/apparatus uses.

The LAPD went from the Unitrol 480K to the Omega and is now equipping most of their units with Federal Signal Smart siren SS201 series with six button control head . Only tones available are Wail and Yelp. While airhorn is available it is never used. Just hit the horn ring to switch from wail to yelp and back.

Just like the LAPD, the LASD has used mostly the Unitrol and Touchmaster but is now switching over to the Smart Siren, specifically the SS2000-LASD.

The CHP uses the Federal Signal Smart Siren attached to a GE S825 head. It sounds different with a longer low end and a lower high end.

LAFD Engines and Large rigs have mechanical Federal Q sirens and Motorola Radio heads with built in sirens that sound identical to the LAPD smart sirens. They also have real airhorns, not electronic ones.

Ambulances have a Timberwolf siren and the Motorola Radio siren and real airhorns.

LAFD Chiefs, EMS cars, and brush patrols, use either the touchmaster siren or the motorola siren depending on year bought. Chiefs have real airhorns mounted under their bumper.

LACoFD squads use the touchmaster siren with real airhorns, not electronic.

USFS is the Touchmaster or Unitrol 80k

FBI uses what appeared to be a typical Smart siren on their SUVs as well.

---

Also remember, only the Wail and Yelp are legal tones in this state. Electronic airhorns are rarely heard if ever on police vehicles because of the way the horn ring is set up.

Mike