Guest lord_bonev

[EM4] Vehicle Editor

Guest lord_bonev
what? O_o

I try to say to take vehicles from some pictures (from all sides) and put a model of this in to the game.

PS: I hope that you understand me.

Guest lord_bonev
* Hoppah grabs popcorn. :popcorn:

Well, it's just a matter of taking pictures.

The program automatically figures out what lines to follow

We all all know this.

We just try to make it seem harder.

Sigh...

I ask is this possibly

Ofcourse not. The editor is not a 10-in-1 program.

It isn't really hard to find out that the editor is NOT used to make models and textures.

The Emergency 4 editor is designed to mod EM4 only. Creating models and textures requires different software.

In fact, most 3d-modelling software is far more expensive than Emergency 4.

Guest lord_bonev
Ofcourse not. The editor is not a 10-in-1 program.

It isn't really hard to find out that the editor is NOT used to make models and textures.

The Emergency 4 editor is designed to mod EM4 only. Creating models and textures requires different software.

In fact, most 3d-modelling software is far more expensive than Emergency 4.

OK thanks for your answer

* Hoppah grabs popcorn. :popcorn:

Well, it's just a matter of taking pictures.

The program automatically figures out what lines to follow

We all all know this.

We just try to make it seem harder.

Sigh...

if only it was that easy :dry:

Hi guys, i thought i could contribute here (sorry for using an old thread!)

There is a program that can help for this way of modelling called > Strata Foto 3D <

Example

Theoretically, if you guys had suffiecient photos of an object (vehicle in this case) then this program would really help e4 modellers with new vehicles. I guess MikesPhotos could help with that, i dont know.

Hope this was useful to someone.

Hi guys, i thought i could contribute here (sorry for using an old thread!)

There is a program that can help for this way of modelling called > Strata Foto 3D <

Example

Theoretically, if you guys had suffiecient photos of an object (vehicle in this case) then this program would really help e4 modellers with new vehicles. I guess MikesPhotos could help with that, i dont know.

Hope this was useful to someone.

I have questions...

1. This is done on a Mac.... Also work in windows CS3?

2. Does it only work for CS3? Would CS2 or any other software work?

3. It said we would have to take a pictures of the object before hand. Most of us won't be able to take 360 pictures or all 6 sides four an huge thing like an fire engine. This would be hard.... right? :(

4. It said we should have a backdrop that's perfectly white or black. Honestly I think its too hard to light up a Engine with light that is perfect to 3D it?

MikesPhotos might able to do this...? but I know he can't find every type of unit and go to it. Its an big department.

I have questions...

1. This is done on a Mac.... Also work in windows CS3?

2. Does it only work for CS3? Would CS2 or any other software work?

3. It said we would have to take a pictures of the object before hand. Most of us won't be able to take 360 pictures or all 6 sides four an huge thing like an fire engine. This would be hard.... right? :(

4. It said we should have a backdrop that's perfectly white or black. Honestly I think its too hard to light up a Engine with light that is perfect to 3D it?

MikesPhotos might able to do this...? but I know he can't find every type of unit and go to it. Its an big department.

1 - I presume you mean can you use Strata photo 3d on windows, the answer is yes it is also for windows, the video shows it on a mac, but that was just for sake of me posting a video to show what i meant and what the program did.

2 - i think your referring to the photoshop plugin, you dont need to use the plugin, the program i used was older though, and you were able to save to a folder. so you can use cs2 but i dont know if the plugin would work. not really sure mate.

3 - Yeah i agree its a problem unless you get a toy model replica fire engine? but getting the specific one you need is awkward and would mean spending money. Also that is why i mentioned mikesphotos, i cant seem to get on the site right now, comes up with page error so i havnt seen it, but from what i read on the forum he has quite a collection.

4 - It doesnt need to be stagelit or anything, just a decent clear set of photos. The video shows them cut the figure they wanted out of the original picture and have a white background so i guess thats the easiest way to give it a white background. As long as the pictures clear (daytime, few shadows, focused etc) should be easy enough for the program to distinguish angles and edges etc.

Does that help?

Also, by the way, the new version of this is nearly $500 so as said in previous posts, software like this is expensive.

:machkaputt:

3 - Yeah i agree its a problem unless you get a toy model replica fire engine? but getting the specific one you need is awkward and would mean spending money. Also that is why i mentioned mikesphotos, i cant seem to get on the site right now, comes up with page error so i havnt seen it, but from what i read on the forum he has quite a collection.

4 - It doesnt need to be stagelit or anything, just a decent clear set of photos. The video shows them cut the figure they wanted out of the original picture and have a white background so i guess thats the easiest way to give it a white background. As long as the pictures clear (daytime, few shadows, focused etc) should be easy enough for the program to distinguish angles and edges etc.

Hmmm... I do have toy model replica of Fire Engines and Police Cars...

Stage lit.... I was talking about outdoors photos... That would screw up the whole 3D imaging it.

Lastly this came to mind... How I can export these Models? I would think more people would make models this way if it was this easy?

Hmmm... I do have toy model replica of Fire Engines and Police Cars...

Stage lit.... I was talking about outdoors photos... That would screw up the whole 3D imaging it.

Lastly this came to mind... How I can export these Models? I would think more people would make models this way if it was this easy?

-i dont think an outdoor pic would be problematic mate, as long as you cut it out from the back ground(like in the vid) so it is the only thing there and as long as its not obstructed.

for example

this is probably ok

MaywoodStation051808Y.jpg

but this wont be

IMG_9835.jpg

-it saves the models to .3ds so you can open it with max and export as whatever it is you need for zmodeller (i read what to do somewhere on here but cant recall, im sure you know) and the result is obviously editable in your desired program so can be tweaked if tehre was mistakes, but the bulk of the model would be done.

However, the program needs several different angles of the subject, so getting those shots will, as you say, be awkward at best. But it was a suggestion for you guys of a way to do it.

-i dont think an outdoor pic would be problematic mate, as long as you cut it out from the back ground(like in the vid) so it is the only thing there and as long as its not obstructed.

-it saves the models to .3ds so you can open it with max and export as whatever it is you need for zmodeller (i read what to do somewhere on here but cant recall, im sure you know) and the result is obviously editable in your desired program so can be tweaked if tehre was mistakes, but the bulk of the model would be done.

However, the program needs several different angles of the subject, so getting those shots will, as you say, be awkward at best. But it was a suggestion for you guys of a way to do it.

I will try this... I have the equipment.

Where the links for this software and any thing else I need?

a foto to model program will sucks, do you now why?

evryone goes make mods because it is TO easy, and the real modders , they are forgotten,

:schreiben:

I know what your saying and its a valid opinion, but modding takes more than just model making. So, in my view, if someone wants to make a mod but has no 3d skills then this will help them take a step towards realising their mod. Models made by this method will normally need some sort of tweaking anyway, as its a program with no real artistic intelligence or sense of wether the final result is correct or not, its just forming a model from data.

It cant stop anyone from making a mod so therefore all youll get is more people who will make more mods, which is always good i think.

Those that take the time to make the models themselves will always make better models than a program like this can do (if they are competent with 3d programs) and they will get recognised and praised for it.

Some scripters, mappers and people with mod ideas either cant get to grips with 3d applications or they dont have any, so therefore this would help them in that respect.

But thats my opinion, hope it makes sense :juggle: