MikeyPI

Digital Download Emergency 3 Mod Installer:

Quite some time ago I had this issue with the Mod Installer not working correctly for EM3 because I bought it online, so here is the instructions 16 Tons gave to fix the game (US).

Registry can be opened by going to START: RUN

Type in regedit and press ok, this will open up your computer's registry. Even though the instructions below are fairly straightforward read the NOTE: portion since you can effectively break the computer if you go about messing with things you should'nt be.

The Emergency 3 Mod Installer may require a registry entry tweak in order to

function correctly.

NOTE: Modifying or deleting the wrong registry key may cause serious damage

to your Windows installation. If you are uncomfortable, have someone who is

more computer savvy do it for you.

We will be creating the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sixteen

tons entertainment\Emergency 3 US.

Within it we will have the Value name 'Installdir' with the value data

'[installation directory]'.

Please follow these instructions exactly:

1) Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

2) Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

3) Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5) Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6) Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 3 US

7) Right-click on 'Emergency 3 US' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8) Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, enter the full path of your installation

directory.

By default, this value is C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking

on Exit.

The Emergency 3 Mod Installer should now function correctly.

Guest Phrozen922

I've followed all of the instructions for the mod installer patch described above, but it still does not work. (see attachment) I'm running Windows 7. I've tried re-installing the game and applying this workaround several times. I purchased the game through Amazon with a digital download. Please help, I really want to play the LA Mod.

PS - I've also tried adjusting this workaround to reflect my true 'Installdir' which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Emergency 3 NOT C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3.

Forgot to attach the screenshot, see attached.

post-23181-0-41977200-1301176678_thumb.j

I've followed all of the instructions for the mod installer patch described above, but it still does not work. (see attachment) I'm running Windows 7. I've tried re-installing the game and applying this workaround several times. I purchased the game through Amazon with a digital download. Please help, I really want to play the LA Mod.

PS - I've also tried adjusting this workaround to reflect my true 'Installdir' which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Emergency 3 NOT C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3.

Forgot to attach the screenshot, see attached.

if it were me i'd install the game to program files... not program files (x86) and i'd use the default directory the game was intended to install to if it were me... I've never tried the fix on a 64-bit system so I don't know if there are additional steps necessary...=/

What, exactly, did you do? I have followed instructions, and installed in both C:\program files, and C:\ program files (x86); neither of them will allow me to contine beyond the "reinstall emergency 3" Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob R.

I have the exact same issue. I've installed the 1.3 UK patch correctly, then re-did all the registry fixes available(both the automatic and manual) without any luck. My Win 7 64-bit just won't co-operate with the game. Any tips?

I have the exact same issue. I've installed the 1.3 UK patch correctly, then re-did all the registry fixes available(both the automatic and manual) without any luck. My Win 7 64-bit just won't co-operate with the game. Any tips?

Also having this issue.

A Registry cleaner program seems to find the issue on my system is a Missing MUI Reference.

As shown below.

registry_edit.png