james23222000

Multiplayer Issue help

Are you having trouble connecting on multiplayer? One of many issues could be causing this problem, but most if not all can be solved by the user. Here is what you can do.

Do you have a firewall enabled?

If so, enable emergency 4 to have inbound and outbound connections allowed by your firewall.

For Norton (2007):

1. Open the protection center and go to tab "Norton internet security."

2. Go to/click personal firewall and click configure.

3. When the window opens, click on program control and wait for it to load

4. Find your program and on the drop down menu click allow.

If your program is not their, click add and follow the on-screen instructions

The above should be similar if not the same on most firewalls.

Do you have a router?

If you have a router, you need to have DMZ setup. This is how to do it (for SMC routers but works for most routers (ip address could be different for some routers)):

1. Open your web browser, type in the router's IP address (standard: 'http://192.168.2.1') and press enter.
  2. Click on Login, Advanced Setup, Firewall, enable it and click on apply.
  3. Click on DMZ and select Yes to enable DMZ.
  4. Enter the IP address of the machine, which was assigned a static ip address to be kept under DMZ, and click on apply.

If this doesn't work for your router then refer to your router's help manual.

Have you modified part of the modification or data files?

If you modify anything to do with the vehicles (i.e. change the units.xml file or editing them in the editor), the multiplayer map or anything to do with the multiplayer map (paths, etc) then you will not be able to host as people wanting to join your group will get: "Error: Different files to host." And I also believe if you try to join a game with modified files you will get the same error. To sort this out just reinstall the mod or the game. Remember: YOU SHOULD NEVER CHANGE FILES IN THE DATA FOLDER.

Does your multiplayer game seem too laggy?

What I mean by this is things in multiplayer do not seem to be happening right (i.e your units might be moving into other cars when you move them or the game seems generally slow), their are ways to reduce the lag:

1. Keep all unnesscessary programs and process outside the game to a minimum.

2. Join a server with the lowest latency

3. Use LogMeIn Hamachi - a free program to connect each other for gaming. Follow the tutorials. When playing the game make a "private server" and get people to join using direct ip and get players to type in your Hamachi IP rather than your regular one.

Download the program from here: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp

Online tutorials are available here: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/howitworks.asp

Hope this helps.

If I have missed anything please let me know.

If there is any other problems you have please do not be afraid to ask, and remeber to upload the logfile from the Emergency 4 folder.

Regards

James

Guest Curivity

Hey, I did everything you stated. I have Norton firewall and I allowed 911 First Responders through. I also did the thing with my router. But still, nobody joins. And I am sure theres people on there because there was some other games going. I have a Linksys Broadband Firewall Router. Thanks for any help. :(

Hey, I did everything you stated. I have Norton firewall and I allowed 911 First Responders through. I also did the thing with my router. But still, nobody joins. And I am sure theres people on there because there was some other games going. I have a Linksys Broadband Firewall Router. Thanks for any help. :(

Sorry for your wait,

It maybe because nobody is on at that time. Check by getting one of your friends to come on at the same time and join your game to check.

I don't know if anybody can awnser this but, I tried connecting with my friend in Britian (we have played together before perfectly fine) but this time, when I go to join it's server it tries to connect but then after 3 seconds it says "Server not found" even though his room shows up in the server list, I even tried using Direct IP.

Anybody have any idea as to why this is happening?

Edit: Only reason I can think this is happening is due to the 16T servers down (as mentioned here: http://forum.emergen...ot-found-error/)

EditEdit: It seems as if my British friend had problems, I can connect to another person.

I need assistance. I loaded 911FR and clicked multiplayer. It started to connect to the internet, but after 5 seconds it crashed to my desktop. I tried it again and it did the samething. I never had this problem before with multiplayer. I did update my internet security software recently and I tried looking into it to see what was the problem but I didn't find anything. Any Idea's?

What I have to do Eldorado is launch game, disable internet (either disconnect from wifi or unplug your lan cable should suffice). Click multiplayer. Go to the direct connect tab and then reconnect internet. Or host a game lobby, and once its up then reconnect internet. The game atleast for me remembers I last used the direct connect tab so in future didnt need to disable internet except when hosting, but if you go to the internet tab again it will crash.

I'm having an issue with multiplayer. I've had this issue before but I can't remember what I did to correct it. When I click the multiplayer tab, it keeps saying no server available. It has been saying this for 6 months or so. I installed a submod for the LA mod and discovered the problem shortly afterwards. I uninstalled the submod and then the game. Then reinstalled the game, and then the mods and still nothing. I went into my firewall settings and saw that two connection requests from 911FR were being denied. I gave them permission but I still can't get it to work. I opened up a web browser and typed in my routers ip address but it keeps saying access denied.