MikeyPI

Modding Concepts:

Police pursuits are possible now in 1.9 and Winterberg mod.

I know. I can't read German, so i usually end up clicking random buttons. Nothing spells fun like clicking random symbols! anyways, this list has been significantly shortened, from what it was. now that k-9's, police chases, tillers, set water supplies. It's all changing, probably for the better :)

would this sort of thing be posible im nto sure if that is what is meant by mid mount arials sorry if it is

this is the one i was thinking of

post-7341-0-76548100-1297626613_thumb.jp

this is the sort of thing it does

R331SPO West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service Volvo Angloco FL10 Bronto Skylift ALP Based at Horsham During Training

mid-mount refers to a ladder w/ the basket/whatever positioned in the middle of the truck extending off the rear of the vehicle.. theoretically possible but complicated to implement, positioning the vehicle to enter structures is nearly impossible to guarentee with how you have to do the model for a mid-mount... Your example, on the other hand has several pivot points from the looks of it, which would pose a problem to re-create, it is no different than a truck type called a cherry picker it has a scissor type arm that folds back onto it's self and opens up, that type of aerial vehicle can't really be re-created for this game because of how the ladder is permitted a single pivot point..

ahh so i will have to stick with a basic TL in my mod then i can barely do the basics don't wanna have a go at complicated stuff yet

new idea... would it be possible to have an ALP (arial ladder platform) or water tower with a water monitor on it and have a firefighter to attach a hose from one pump/hydrant to the ALP instead of the firefighter climbing into the basket and the hose hanging down from the basket like below

post-7341-0-39271500-1297708432_thumb.jp

well at the moment in em4 to use turntable you get firfighter with hose then install truck get ff into basket and it goes up irl i know in britain not sure about anywhere else they have a monitor (cannon ) built into the basket and the hose runs up the frame of the ladder to a pump at the bottom in the truck if you look at the pic above it should show what i mean better

in the americas the ones that have a sprayable tub on the end usually have an extendable boom that has under each segment a section of pipe, the truck it's self is hooked into the feed not a hose that is then ran up the boom... that's how we do things personally i don't see how running a hose up from ground level with water in it to a basket or a ladder unless you ran it up the ladder it's self would be safe... water weighs alot fast and a hose danglin off a ladder just seems dangerous to me. it'd require scripting to cause such an effect that imo just isnt justified for the effort required you have to basically make the vehicle become the FF instead of the dude that was carrying it so the hose *attaches* to it.

in the americas the ones that have a sprayable tub on the end usually have an extendable boom that has under each segment a section of pipe, the truck it's self is hooked into the feed not a hose that is then ran up the boom... that's how we do things personally i don't see how running a hose up from ground level with water in it to a basket or a ladder unless you ran it up the ladder it's self would be safe... water weighs alot fast and a hose danglin off a ladder just seems dangerous to me. it'd require scripting to cause such an effect that imo just isnt justified for the effort required you have to basically make the vehicle become the FF instead of the dude that was carrying it so the hose *attaches* to it.

yeh thats what i mean because at the moment you can see the hose hanging from the basket in the game and i wondered if it was possible to make it how you explained

The ladder and it has the ability to spray without a hose being required... It has to have a cannon component for the original ladder structure to work. I just tried it, and apparently yeah a guy with a hose can indeed go onto a ladder but his hose is inactive while he is on the ladder, kinda odd they let you do that my guess is to fight interior fires on the 2nd floor instead of using a fire extinguisher... To attatch a hose to a truck on the other hand I think people have done it in other mods for engines so I can't see a reason that would not work through scripting to have to attatch it....

*EDIT*

yeah he can't enter the building with the hose, apparently that is a major bug in the ORIGINAL game mechanisms, for laughs try to disconnect the hose while on the ladder, wait for him to stop going nuts, and he is on the ladder but the truck can be undeployed and moved, the ladder is still extended with him on top of it=)

Some things id like to see modded, but would require additional scripting:

1. Ventilation.- Half of the work done on a fire scene is related to ventilation. Id like to see the ability to have firefighters cut roofs and smash windows, and have it affect the intensity and burn time of the fires.

2. Ground ladders- It would be nice to see ground ladders modelled in some form or another.

3. Foam- Im pretty sure people have already suggested the ability to have foam.

4. More fire related injuries- The only time i see victims that require EMS in a fire is when something explodes and knocks down civilians. It would be nice to see things like burns/smoke inhalation modeled, like having anyone close or in the burning structure fall unconcious and require healing by a EMT/PM.

5. Firefighter health- It seems like i can send firefighters without SCBA's right into burning buildings no problem... Sending them in without an SCBA should affect their health... Otherwise theres no purpose of equipping them with the SCBA.

6. Interior attack- Getting firefighters to go inside with a hoseline is sometimes impossible and othertimes very buggy.

7. Hydrant/truck connections- I know winterberg did it, and its a common request... id like to see the ability to hook trucks up to hydrants... maybe limit how much water a truck can pump without having a hydrant connection.

1. This is something the NY mod team has been experimenting with. Though they recreated freeplay with a mission script, so that's different

2. Theoretically, it is possible, possibily creating a human holding a ladder that works like a ladder truck with no water

3. To adjust the fire extinguishing capabilities is beyond that of this game

4. You could create more injuries by organizing fires more designed on the map, however all injuries would appear to be the same, so it's up to you to pretend the cause.

5. In missions, certain structures have a virtual object that states if a fire is burning, only SCBA firefighters can enter without injury. I don't think anyone tried this with freeplay

6. That's something related to the game. You've gotta send someone in before them, and then click move to position them inside

7. Winterberg is essentially a recreation of freeplay using mission scripts from what I can tell. This means that it is not possible to recreate in freeplay. No one bothered putting it in their mod, as they figured that it would be too much trouble for the twenty or so missions people SOMETIMES play

I've been dabbling with ventilation, so far I've got the guys on the roof, made sliceable objects for the guys to cut up, but where would I even begin to make this affect the burn time or intensity? D:

Just thought I'd throw that out there :)

The only way I could see venting helping slow the fire down would to be giving it some kinda extinguishing ability once it's activated.. The only problem is you can't really tweak that to my knowledge.

The only other way I could see making venting necessary without re-creating freeplay would be to have it as an object that is very flamable, but not so easy to extinguish, and if it's burning, you can "use" it and open it, which would function the same as extinguishing, that could allow the venting to be necessary in the way of fully clearing a call.

Just a guess, but what if you set up a fire like in the oil rig mission where you need to shut off the gas line. Make it so there is an active fire inside that wont go out unless the 'source' is put out by ventalation. Then the fire will go out as usual.