Guest Baz

Hamachi

Using a program called Hamachi which basically creates a virtual LAN network. I am able to have stable games when I host, no more problems with people disconnecting in the middle of the game. In fact, with 1 game we didn't have any problems for over an hour. I don't understand it, bnut running EM4 without mods online works fine without using Hamachi, but when you want to run a mod online... I have people dropping out of the games, I think the way EM4 works... When there is some sort of desync, a player just drops... Where as in other games, the game "stops" so that that player may be sync'd to server again.

Anyways, I found that even with using mods... If Hamachi is used, it gets rid of the Multiplayer "dropping" problems. So, if anyone is having problems I suggest you give Hamachi a go and try to play a multiplayer game with it. You will notice better stability with it than without it and trying to use just standard multiplayer lobby for instance.

Of course, in order to use Hamachi... There needs to be some sort of co-ordination with other EM4 Hamachi users so that you may join each others games / host games.

Hi,

There is but there are some problems with it as Baz said above.

Regards

Ben

Correct me if i am wrong, but he mented to say that Hamachi solves network problems.

The only thing is, that you need to know a network.

what is the server name ore ip that i shud use to play 911:First Responder with Hamachi

So then again, this is my question too ;).

Other than some quirks with the system the program does stabilize connection issues fairly well and make it pretty easy to use to play together online overall, I dislike some of the things it does but overall it definately improves the performance of the mp function.

We tried playing with Hamachi and then tried playing through the internet, no hamachi, and it didn't really change a thing.

I have it too.... but it didn't change my IP in game... I don't know why it didn't? Unleast I have a setting set wrong.

Guest Lilfirefighterbailey

Hi everyone,

TBH i don't have a clue how to host a server through Hamachi, i'm unsure how to host a normal server though.

My problem is:

i am running off a Linkseys Router, i read a topic that mentioned enable DMZ, i tried it... no luck, waiting 5 mins for people to join my server. Since then i heard about Hamachi so i downloaded it and im not sure what to do from this point.

I connected to the EMP netowork, what do i do now? go online and host a server normally?

Im confused :s:machkaputt::nixweiss:

Guest flyboy

You will see a triangle button next to the gear button, click on it. Then hit create a new network, and enter the information. Bewary, the Network name and Password are case sensitive.

Guest Lilfirefighterbailey
You will see a triangle button next to the gear button, click on it. Then hit create a new network, and enter the information. Bewary, the Network name and Password are case sensitive.

Ah, got it, thanks flyboy.

Regards

Lilfirefighterbailey