Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Well, I am a trained observer. The forced that was used to crack that windshield is quite significant, and a pain to replace for the techs. As for the mirror, it looks like the ends of rifle buts.

There is a cover on the mirror that is wrinkled.. it isn't the actual mirror. If you look, the opposite one is chromed.

-d

Hi everyone,

Post your suggestions and ideas for the Los Angeles Mod in this thread. New topics about suggestions will be closed from now on.

One tip: Think about the suggestions you're about to post. Do research. You can't just post everything that came across your mind!

A list with frequently posted suggestions/ideas:

1. Second hospital, fire station or police station on freeplay map.

Good idea, but requires alot of time to make it. Won't be added to mod until I have more time.

2. Add the stations to multiplayer.

Bad idea, Unless someone comes up with a genius idea how to deal with 4 players who want to park THEIR cars in the station only.

The stations have nothing to with cooperation and would slow down gameplay. It would just act as a place to mess around.

3. Add a tiller/trailer with ladder.

Good idea. It's possible to add trailers to Emergency 4, but game limitions withhold me. Reasons:

- The trailers in Emergency 4 have problems with physic/collision data.

- You can't send a truck + trailer from the menu, because they're two seperate vehicles (but attached together)

- These tillers are huge. That would cause problems with the ingame pathfinding.

- Installing a tiller near a window would be a pain in the ass. Maybe not even possible.

4. Add a police supervisor.

Bad idea, the normal police officers already have abilities to call for help (patrol cars, ambulances or police helicopter).

What would be the unique function of a supervisor?

5. Remove the paramedics with stretcher.

Bad idea, I want to preserve some of the original gameplay. It will slow down gameplay, because you will have to give paramedics a stretcher manually. Doing this automaticly is useless and unnecessary. The mod already has 'Get/drop stretchter' commands, so this won't be added to the mod.

6. Vehicles can only move when it has at least one passenger (a driver) inside.

Bad idea, it adds realism and makes the game more difficult and challenging. But it will add alot of frustration too, so it won't be added to the mod.

7. Add the LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 Crane.

Unfortunately due to the game engines physics, a mid mount, 180 degree limited, reverse facing crane is not possible at this time.

Hoppah

Hey Hoppah,

I see that your last post on the updates of V1.7 was on Sept. 7 can you give us some more news or what month we may be expecting this mid. oh, It looks freaking awesome

Bonev, This was discussed before and them hanging off the trucks serves no purpose, they get inside and it takes just as long as if they would have to climb on the sides, but with getting in the truck there is no need for extra buggy animations, you should search first

LAPDguy, the rescue 1 lightbar the only real change is instead of having 6 coloured lights it has 3 LED ones, hardly worth changing the model so it looks like the new one.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal, put rescue 2's lightbar on rescue 1 and put an arjent on rescue 2, it couldnt be that hard is it?

Don't jump on me cause I dont know how hard this is, we all gotta learn.

Hey Hoppah,

I see that your last post on the updates of V1.7 was on Sept. 7 can you give us some more news or what month we may be expecting this mid. oh, It looks freaking awesome

He made post just two days ago? I guess you want daily updates?

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...amp;#entry55632

This is a tad off topic, but I am intrigued. In the pic of Rescue 1, it looks like the right (passenger) windshield is cracked. And the right mirror looks like it was in a hail storm.

Yes currently there are several 7.62 (AK-47) rounds stuck inside some of the windows from a recent shootout and the mirrior had a cover on it.

Guest Teh Hoff

Well I guess I should have made suggestions a long time ago, but I just started playing EM4 again recently. (Its been so long I can't remember my old EM-planet login credentials).

Anyways, I have a few things I'd love to see. The beauty of this mod is that it has infinite room for improvement.

-An addition of a Tactical Medic to accompany the SWAT units. Basically a clone of the SWAT Officer with the ability to provide ALS care, and (if possible) the ability to enter EMS units. Medics are becoming very popular on Tactical Teams, mainly to reduce liability.

- Police K9. I have talked about that a long time ago, and I belive this was shot down as being impossible to convert the exisiting k9 structure into doing PD work. I was wondering if these 2 solutions could work, Either:

A) Deploy the unit staffed with a K9 Handler as well as the dog. Essentially instead of it being a person, it would be a reskined version of dog that runs around the city. The voice playback would either be barking or just silence, and the only command available when you click on the dog is to arrest, which executes a 'surrender or fight' situation. If the criminal chooses to fight, then the animation could be pulled from the "Animal Attack" mission animation where the dog rears up and bites. After a short period of time the person would be changed into a patient, and EMS would take it from there.

B) The k9 unit would deploy with the handler. It would be setup just like the bomb squad, which would give the handler the option of "Get K9". The dog would then be spawned, and the handler would have the option of sending the dog to a location, or attacking a criminal (same as above).

-The ability for the Police Helicopter to call for EMS and additional Police.

-Extended range for the Aerial's water stream. Our 110' foot ladder truck can hit structures at 50 yards plus, but in the game, they have to be dangerously close to the fire. Also an autodeploy feature would be nice which would send one FF to the Bucket, the other would just exit the vehicle. I would like to see the guys on the aerial to default with SCBA since they are typically the unit that makes entry and search and rescue inside the structure, but this is minute addition since they can always grab them off the units.

I know its too late for this stuff to make it into 1.7, but as I have said, there is plenty of space to improve, so it may come at some point in the future, who knows? Sorry for the long post. I am notoriously bad for rambling in posts.

Guest lord_bonev

Fire Chopper who can (move) (foresee) a fireman to forest or other hard passable place ;) And he can have a "box" for water.

PS: But now in the mod have 3 choppers. They going to be more :( this is a little stupid, but Hoppah can repair the rescue helicopter to fire chopper and rescue. Or rescue hellicopter who can foresee a fireman's to different place with more seats ;)

Guest Pyroman93
Fire Chopper who can (move) (foresee) a fireman to forest or other hard passable place ;) And he can have a "box" for water.

PS: But now in the mod have 3 choppers. They going to be more :( this is a little stupid, but Hoppah can repair the rescue helicopter to fire chopper and rescue. Or rescue hellicopter who can foresee a fireman's to different place with more seats ;)

the Life flight helicopter can already transport fire fighters...

about the water dropping capabilities im not sure that has been suggested before...

not sure how useful it would be...but would still be interesting.

about the water dropping capabilities im not sure that has been suggested before...

It'd be just like the airplane, which would make the airplane pretty useless, theyd both serve the same purpose, just one would be significantly smaller.

Guest lord_bonev

He can transport but he havent more space for 2,3... firefighters, right? Only for one man.

Guest Pyroman93
He can transport but he havent more space for 2,3... firefighters, right? Only for one man.

no, the life flight helicopter as of now can haul 6 people... (atleast it can in mine hopefully its the same with everyone else because i dident alter any code XD)

and it carries hoses, axes, fire extingushers, and chainsaws i believe (correct me if im wrong, studying for EMT midterms at the moment)

Guest lord_bonev
no, the life flight helicopter as of now can haul 6 people... (atleast it can in mine hopefully its the same with everyone else because i dident alter any code XD)

and it carries hoses, axes, fire extingushers, and chainsaws i believe (correct me if im wrong, studying for EMT midterms at the moment)

You mean that in the new "update" rescue chopper will be with more seats or i wrong?

Guest Pyroman93
You mean that in the new "update" rescue chopper will be with more seats or i wrong?

no as of right now in version 1.6 the life flight helicopter can carry 6 people, those people being paramedics, the stretcher. team, firefighter and firefighter with SCBA.

and all the equipment i listed in my previous post.

The most patients I've heard LAFD choppers carry is two. I am unsure of the staffing, but I know it does not carry all the equipment people have mentioned. It carries whatever you put in it, but regularly it's just a stretcher and some Life Support Equipment. Here is a picture of the interior of the new Augusta LAFD Chopper. http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewphoto.asp...7&Size=med_

Guest Pyroman93
The most patients I've heard LAFD choppers carry is two. I am unsure of the staffing, but I know it does not carry all the equipment people have mentioned. It carries whatever you put in it, but regularly it's just a stretcher and some Life Support Equipment. Here is a picture of the interior of the new Augusta LAFD Chopper. http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewphoto.asp...7&Size=med_

Were not exactly talking about Real life stuff. Were talking about IN the current LAMOD 1.6

Real life you are correct, it only takes what you put in it.