Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

my idea (but i dont know it is posible)

i say it in dutch because i dont know how to sai in english

dutch:

ik erger me er altijd aan als een van me hulpdiensten een andere auto wildt inhalen.

de auto gaat dan zomaar midden op de weg stil staan als mijn wagen hem wil passeren, en dan moet je wagen weer remen enz. dat kost veel tijd,

dus is het niet mogelijk als jij met codec3 aan komt dat de autos de berm in gaan als je weilt inhalen (of andere weghelft als dat mogelijk is) dat zou veel ergenis van em4 gebruikers wegnemen

:)

Not sure if I read this on a nightstick.... or on another thing(could be tazers) I do not believe that is possible to be done in the game, and if it is, it will be purely cosmetic, and I doubt it will do anything... However if it is done, it will be a real pain, becasue to use it you will like almost kill the person, then you have to like drop it to arrest them. I think though you can script around that(?)

Rapid air transport (RAT) bag which slips over an SCBA bottle and holds an extra mask to tap into the bottle to provide a downed firefighter with air. This so-called RIT Bag was invented by Darrin Shaw, a firefighter with Central Pierce Fire and Rescue. The term 'RIT Bag' is now widely used, but the trademark stays with RIT BAG

Can be used on civilians trapped inside working fire structures.

For those asking for a pull over script, as nice as that sounds, the funny thing is that the game is actually and unfortunately, more realistic then you might have guessed. As you can see from this pic (taken while rolling Code 3 through West Hollywood to Cedars Sinai in LACoFD Squad 8), people rarely move for emergency vehicles out here.

LACoFD-E8___S8___AMR-1stCall-Medical_Aid-072.jpg

For those asking for a pull over script, as nice as that sounds, the funny thing is that the game is actually and unfortunately, more realistic then you might have guessed. As you can see from this pic (taken while rolling Code 3 through West Hollywood to Cedars Sinai in LACoFD Squad 8), people rarely move for emergency vehicles out here.

LACoFD-E8___S8___AMR-1stCall-Medical_Aid-072.jpg

GOD that picture brings back memories. That's how I started in EMS...AMR in LACo. Yeah I had to oppose once to get by a semi, then the semi turned left in front of me. Everyone in the back was hanging on for dear f***ing life and I had to basically throw the steering wheel left and we, with the semi, went into a construction yard. We didn't collide, but the follow guy in Squad 30 stayed behind to tear the semi driver a new asshole.

I also remember running code around 164s area was a bit scary too. No one has a (united states) driver's license there. It's literally more likely they will pull to the left or just stop in front of you before they pull to the right. I swear someone once was actually pulling left so that I would hit them. I think they wanted to sue. It was beyond being by accident. That s*** was on purpose.

Thank God where i work now is a bit more sane.

By the way, when I worked there, the station 8 guys were a bunch of man-sluts. Anything change? :)

I don't know if someone has suggested this.. but.. what about some old historical vehicles? as the squared police cars of the 70's :D:D

Hoppah isn't keen on adding vehicles that don't add a unique and special feel to the game, since he has more on his hands on the mod (note that he's the only one scripting/modding for the LA Mod) that will actually improve the game, since an old car would work exactly like other police cars.

how about a volcano mission like in the movie Volcano? lol

at least it would be fun to have fireballs shooting around the city and sometimes smashing into fire trucks :)

would be a pain in the ass to beat though

(this is mroe of a joke suggestion)

anyway, im gonna post about adding the LAFD mobile command center again.

if u had a hugeass fire that never seems to go out (like most fires) you coudl sned it in and park it at the edge of the quarantine zone. you could be able to spawn all types of firemen, divers, emts etc there. it could transport 8 ppl, including a chief, and you could maybe call all vehicles (from fd, ems, pd, tec)from it?

and maybe you could have an alarm system like a 1 alarm fire would be 3 pumps, a ladder, and the chief and an ems and pd depending on the situation. like on the fd station control panel, have alarm buttons, and it calls the units from the stations

anyway, im gonna post about adding the LAFD mobile command center again.

if u had a hugeass fire that never seems to go out (like most fires) you coudl sned it in and park it at the edge of the quarantine zone. you could be able to spawn all types of firemen, divers, emts etc there. it could transport 8 ppl, including a chief, and you could maybe call all vehicles (from fd, ems, pd, tec)from it?

That's a good idea, it would be something like the FBI Command Vehicle.

I know its been asked, but I never saw an answer. I think it would be cool to have a dispatch system like Winterberg mod. I have the mod love the dispatch. :prop:

Guest Pyroman93

if i remember correctly, hoppah does NOT like any suggestions of taking stuff or ideas from other mods...

and i believe also that the dispatch feature of the winterberg mod has been brought up and denied..

so why dont we stop making suggestions like that?

First like to say, again, love the mod usually play a few hours a day to keep my boredom level down.

Onto suggestions..

We got Medical service improvements, sweet, new fire department coming, and FD changes, thats good.. How about the LAPD? I know your making a few skin changes for the National Guard soldiers, but how about a few more interactions with criminals/officers. For example I like that you already have it to where you aim the gun at them and the "Handcuffs icon" will appear, then they will kneel and get arrested that is an improvement. But what about additonal features such as if possible adding a command to "Compliance" where your officer will tell them to stop and put hands up and maybe a percentage chance that they will or they will run. Police Cars with a "Pull over" command, when used on a vehicle that has suspect in it "carjacker, getaway etc" the command will make them get out of the car the same way the PD Helicopter makes them get out when they are being "Followed".

Any other improvements to make the game fun is a plus too!

I know its been asked, but I never saw an answer. I think it would be cool to have a dispatch system like Winterberg mod. I have the mod love the dispatch. :prop:

Aren't you already the dispatcher in the game? I'm a POST certified Dispatcher and worked both Law and Fire at various points in my career. As a dispatcher, you find out from the Call Taker the type of incident, a few details, and location, and you decide what units to send.

In the game, you find out from the little dude in the corner the type of incident, a few details, and the location, and it's your job to decide what units to send. Do you call from off map? Do you use the units in the stations? Do you send an ALS engine and BLS ambulance for transport? Is it in an area where the Squad might get there first? Do you send both the squad and an ambulance to see who will get there first? Is it a fire and you don't want to deplete all of your station resources so you send a light force from FS1 but call for engines from off the map so something is still inside the station in case a call comes out next to it or far from the off-map entry point?

I've never played the Winterberg mod, but I don't see how pressing a button and having it make those decisions for you is worth having. The thing about the LA Mod and LA Emergency services in general is the flexibility that we have in responses. There are numerous units that are similar, but not the same. From ALS engines, to BLS engines, to USFS engine which is smaller and is more useful in the forested parts of the map, but has no deck gun.

In real life and the game, there is no "alarm system" for just that reason. If the Incident Commander wants 2 task forces and 6 rescue ambulances, that's what he'll call for.

For example I like that you already have it to where you aim the gun at them and the "Handcuffs icon" will appear, then they will kneel and get arrested that is an improvement. But what about additonal features such as if possible adding a command to "Compliance" where your officer will tell them to stop and put hands up and maybe a percentage chance that they will or they will run.

That is exactly how it works now. Sometimes they stop and comply, other times they just ignore the office and keep running. The improvement in the next version which I dont beleive was in the last, is that if the suspect is shooting at you, your only two choices are to pull your gun and return fire, or attempt to grab him without pulling your gun.

Police Cars with a "Pull over" command, when used on a vehicle that has suspect in it "carjacker, getaway etc" the command will make them get out of the car the same way the PD Helicopter makes them get out when they are being "Followed".

Any other improvements to make the game fun is a plus too!

Pull over and pursuit commands have already been discussed in this thread.

Mike

Aren't you already the dispatcher in the game? I'm a POST certified Dispatcher and worked both Law and Fire at various points in my career. As a dispatcher, you find out from the Call Taker the type of incident, a few details, and location, and you decide what units to send.

In the game, you find out from the little dude in the corner the type of incident, a few details, and the location, and it's your job to decide what units to send. Do you call from off map? Do you use the units in the stations? Do you send an ALS engine and BLS ambulance for transport? Is it in an area where the Squad might get there first? Do you send both the squad and an ambulance to see who will get there first? Is it a fire and you don't want to deplete all of your station resources so you send a light force from FS1 but call for engines from off the map so something is still inside the station in case a call comes out next to it or far from the off-map entry point?

I've never played the Winterberg mod, but I don't see how pressing a button and having it make those decisions for you is worth having. The thing about the LA Mod and LA Emergency services in general is the flexibility that we have in responses. There are numerous units that are similar, but not the same. From ALS engines, to BLS engines, to USFS engine which is smaller and is more useful in the forested parts of the map, but has no deck gun.

In real life and the game, there is no "alarm system" for just that reason. If the Incident Commander wants 2 task forces and 6 rescue ambulances, that's what he'll call for.

That is exactly how it works now. Sometimes they stop and comply, other times they just ignore the office and keep running. The improvement in the next version which I dont beleive was in the last, is that if the suspect is shooting at you, your only two choices are to pull your gun and return fire, or attempt to grab him without pulling your gun.

Pull over and pursuit commands have already been discussed in this thread.

Mike

Thanks, I just never saw an answer. :)

Guest firemanzac

Perhaps an Idea for a future mod might be to include an SPCA/Animal control officer/vehicle. This could animal the rabid dog (or pack of Dogs or wolves) calls and perhaps some loose exotic animals (gators, bears etc..) that are running amok. Perhaps a loose circus elephant that is crushing cars requiring Animal Control to capture the animal while the Fire Department has to extriicate the victims in the crushed cars, ems has to treat the trampled people and the police have block traffic and keep the civilians and cars out of the way of the animal? Just some thoughts.

Perhaps an Idea for a future mod might be to include an SPCA/Animal control officer/vehicle. This could animal the rabid dog (or pack of Dogs or wolves) calls and perhaps some loose exotic animals (gators, bears etc..) that are running amok. Perhaps a loose circus elephant that is crushing cars requiring Animal Control to capture the animal while the Fire Department has to extriicate the victims in the crushed cars, ems has to treat the trampled people and the police have block traffic and keep the civilians and cars out of the way of the animal? Just some thoughts.

Is 3/4ths of what he said even doable ingame?

I like the idea, although I have no idea if it's possible

i dont know if this has been asked or brought up... wat bout the fire alarms for buildings? when there is a fire those lights and sirens go off on the building. just a thought

what would be the point, it's not like you don't know the fire is there.

One thing I will suggest for a future version of the mod is that when a fire starts in an enterable building, don't automatically have it blowing out the side of the building with nothing in the building actually on fire. Have it so when unitsa arrive on scene they actually have to enter the building if possible to put out the fire.

Guest lord_bonev

I think that will be nice if emergency service vehicles have more then one siren signal. At the moment in the mod have one main siren signal. But in real life it have 2-3 or much more for other situations (code 3....). Whah did you think for this?

Sry for my bad eng