Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Guest KingNikan

I like the street patrol thingy . Might get confusing with the whole game because the cops would walk in the middle of the street and cross the trains and get themselves killed

Hoppah, you should keep the old paramedic. The paramedic FF should only be on fire apparatus. The plain old paramedic should be for the mobile hospital and the Red Cross hummer.

Have to say it too.

Realy hope that you will keep the old paramedics skin.

It looks so disturbing when the Paramedics are looks like the FF.

But if the FF/PA will be dressed like a FF on the Fire Trucs it will be great.

But these on the Ambulance (BLA+ALS) beter to be dressed like a regular Paramedic.

Thanks a lot.

Not going to keep the old paramedics.

There are 2 ways to EASILY identify the FF/PM:

- Instead of turnout pants they wear navy blue pants

- By the EMS logo in their unit picture

I think what he means is that would a PM really wear a turnout jacket and a helmet for a medical run? I said the same thing in the last post on page 78. Keep the old paramedics for the MCU and the Red Cross Hummer.

I think what he means is that would a PM really wear a turnout jacket and a helmet for a medical run? I said the same thing in the last post on page 78. Keep the old paramedics for the MCU and the Red Cross Hummer.

Ask Mikesphotos. Changing the EMS system was his idea and I don't think it's bullshit.

The MCU is already fictional, it doesn't matter what kind of personnel it has.

The Red Cross Hummer exists in real life, but actually requires Red Cross personnel and not LAFD firefighters.

However, it's not important enough to spend time on creating RC personnel for just one vehicle. :)

The Red Cross Hummer exists in real life, but actually requires Red Cross personnel and not LAFD firefighters.

However, it's not important enough to spend time on creating RC personnel for just one vehicle. :)

You don't need to create anything, the personnel is there. Just rename them to something like health worker. Then they can staff the MCU and the RC Hummer.

I think what he means is that would a PM really wear a turnout jacket and a helmet for a medical run?

The answer is yes. Remember these guys are not JUST paramedics. They are Firefighters first and foremost, with the extra level of medical training. They carry a full complement of Turnout gear and SCBA's on the ambulance, and depending on what they're doing, what they've been doing, and where they're going they'll wear a miss-mash of Turnouts, Work Uniform, T-shirt, and Brush Gear. Most guys will wear at least the brush jacket for visibility and to keep the uniform shirt clean.

LAFD-Jumper-Ventura-121.jpg

This was on a jumper call where the patient had already jumped and expired. Notice the FF's and medics wearing brush jackets, Work uniform pants and Helmets.

LAFD-RA107-007a.jpg

LAFD medic in T-shirt and Turnout pants pulled into kaiser with a patient complaining of chest pains at a nursing home.

LAFD-TC-Burbank-010a.jpg

LAFD-TC-Burbank-016a.jpg

LAFD-TC-Burbank-021a.jpg

TC in 102's area showing medics and FF's in T-shirts, helmets, no helmets, brush gear, turnout gear, Work Uniform and so on...

Even us County guys tend to mix and match T-shirt, Work Shirt, brush and turnout gear on medical aids.

Med-Diabetic-029.jpg

LACoFD-E8___S8___AMR-1stCall-Medical_Aid-012.jpg

City guys always tend to wear their helmets more though then County, even when just walking through a building on a medical aid. Why? I don't know.

But since there is no button to take helmet off, put hat on, and since most calls are on the street instead of inside, it's very common to see them wearing a brush jacket and helmet, along with EVERY other combination you can imagine.

You don't need to create anything, the personnel is there. Just rename them to something like health worker. Then they can staff the MCU and the RC Hummer.

just drop it let hoppah make the mod the paramedic system is as realistic as it gets i went to 127s and they showed me all the stuff they carry and most guys are FF/PMs there happah and mike know what they are doing and if you dont like the skins they put in make your own after it comes out

I don't typically make suggestions and it is probably too late for this one. I suggest making a third engine style. I am not sure if LA is still using the Seagrave engines or not.

IF I would add a third Engine, it will probably be a LACoFD one and if I'm not wrong LA County FD has Seagraves. :)

IF I would add a third Engine, it will probably be a LACoFD one and if I'm not wrong LA County FD has Seagraves. :)

LACoFD uses KME's (Keeps Mechanics Employed). LAFD has purchased new Pierce Arrow XTs (Which keep getting pulled out of service due to electrical issues) and Seagrave Marauders in the last budget split right down the middle between the two since neither company could fulfill the large order by themselves.

Hoppah has stated the reason he's kept the extra FF/PM on the RAs is so it is easier to defibrillate people. My issue with this is then three people have to staff the RAs. What if a single EMT or PM could get a stretcher? All they could do is push it around. The second person on the RA would be a regular FF/PM or EMT. When you want to transport the patient you select the single FF/PM or EMT and right click on the PM/EMT with the stretcher. The FF would then join the stretcher team and they could pick up people and heal or stablize them. It would solve that problem of the extra PM/EMT and would be more realistic.

Hoppah has stated the reason he's kept the extra FF/PM on the RAs is so it is easier to defibrillate people. My issue with this is then three people have to staff the RAs. What if a single EMT or PM could get a stretcher? All they could do is push it around. The second person on the RA would be a regular FF/PM or EMT. When you want to transport the patient you select the single FF/PM or EMT and right click on the PM/EMT with the stretcher. The FF would then join the stretcher team and they could pick up people and heal or stablize them. It would solve that problem of the extra PM/EMT and would be more realistic.

I like that idea, but scripting it may be an issue.

I've suggested this before but not in a while and I don't believe I put the idea out well.

I suggect replacing the rescue dog and leader with an LASD SAR K9 and handler like this( the next to last photo down). You would then be able to eliminate the K9 vehicle, and make the LASD SAR officers available with the H2 (since it is a SAR unit). Lastly, you can see a little screen I've made showing the suggested unit in game using the USAR FF and just altering the skin.

sareu4.th.gif

@ MCERT1:

The idea is good, really good. But I'm not going to replace the SAR dog I have now.

Having a police dog to restrain suspects would be better for the police units in the mod.

I am still looking for a way how to do that.

It's theoratically possible, the dog acts as a 'person' type object in Emergency 4.

That makes it easier to build a script.

@ MCERT1:

The idea is good, really good. But I'm not going to replace the SAR dog I have now.

Having a police dog to restrain suspects would be better for the police units in the mod.

I am still looking for a way how to do that.

It's theoratically possible, the dog acts as a 'person' type object in Emergency 4.

That makes it easier to build a script.

One thing worth noting is that LAFD has it's own SAR dog Ranger, who is the grandson of the world reknowned SAR dog, Bella. His handler is LAFD member Deresa Teller, who has been involved in SAR dog incidents throughout the US including the WTC and Oklahoma Bombing incidents as well as being an invaluable asset within the City of Los Angeles.

I'd have to check with a friend of mine who is big in the K9 SAR dog community, but I beleive Teller and Ranger respond in a vehicle similar to the BC's.

Mike

Maybe make or change the skin of the jaws of life to: 145920293_1f617411ef.jpg

Maybe have MikePhotos more information

Greetz,

Bernt

Jeeze those guys needs to be wearing full PPE, not just a jacket and helmet, unless they wanna loose their legs, thats fine.