Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

hi hoppah, i was wondering if you could change a command. when you click on the fire trucks, instead of it saying goto HQ could it be the goto Fire Station command. (the right click function). thnx

Most of the trucks have a go to fire station command already.

The go to HQ command remains cause you need it on the missions (if you use the fire station command the trucks won't go off the map).

greetz,

Most of the trucks have a go to fire station command already.

The go to HQ command remains cause you need it on the missions (if you use the fire station command the trucks won't go off the map).

greetz,

yes. true. good point. but i was mainly talking about freeplay. thnx

2248960077_bd803a51d9.jpg

(Not my Pic)

Why do we only see US Police Officers riding silly things? Makes the Police look lazy and can't walk or run....

Yet US Police Officers have been known to be lazy, fat, and dumb before... Some of them won't able to work in any Police department overseas... :dry:

Guest lord_bonev
#1.Be able to remove an event in freeplay mode, cause a random event, or select a random event.

#2.Maybe a parking garage that you can send vehicles to.

ya parking garage, but large and have a barrier and fence and security on the entrance ;)

No, the motor model in earlier versions was taken from GTA San Andreas and not realistic enough.

The Harley model is a huge improvement. You and boner probably didn't read which improvements. Let me me list them again: :)

- This Harley model is being used by the LAPD at the moment

- The driver sits correctly on the seat now.

- Animations! The driver really steps on and off now.

- No more prototype swap needed.

- Lights won't be disabled when driver steps off.

:)

ZOMG I KNEW IT! It looked exactly like the on in SA.

New addition: USFS firemen! The models are slightly different to the LAFD firemen, but the biggest change are green pants ofcourse.

Screenshot.

usfsfiremensx7.th.jpg

You can also see the new steady lights on the the USFS vehicles.

Hoppah

This are really great! ....but can it be more real?

Would it be too hard to change the helmet style or just the color?

The helmet are more like hard hats and they will use the colors; Green, Red, or Silver.

If you can't change the helmet? Just change the color.

Helmets

The USFS wear a lighter outfit than a normal fire suit that city fire departments use.

They are sometime more like jumpsuits style. Those are Yellow... but I seen Red and Orange being used also.

Lastly Gloves are are a big need.

This is a website the sell Forest Fire Fighting Gear. That shows the styles.

http://www.nationalfirefighter.com/index.php

You don't have to change it... But you can if you want.

Yet styles are different every time with Forest Fire Fighting....

I like to know what style you are basing this off of?

Maybe a controller guy who can call any car in.

that'd be cool to have a dispatching station, where you could select the event type and then click where you want the units sent, and then the right units for the event would automatically respond, like in the winterberg mod. I'm sure that would take a huge amount of time and scripting.

that'd be cool to have a dispatching station, where you could select the event type and then click where you want the units sent, and then the right units for the event would automatically respond, like in the winterberg mod. I'm sure that would take a huge amount of time and scripting.

thatd be boring. i like pickin what trucks i want. not the computer!

This are really great! ....but can it be more real?

Would it be too hard to change the helmet style or just the color?

The helmet are more like hard hats and they will use the colors; Green, Red, or Silver.

If you can't change the helmet? Just change the color.

Helmets

The USFS wear a lighter outfit than a normal fire suit that city fire departments use.

They are sometime more like jumpsuits style. Those are Yellow... but I seen Red and Orange being used also.

Lastly Gloves are are a big need.

This is a website the sell Forest Fire Fighting Gear. That shows the styles.

http://www.nationalfirefighter.com/index.php

You don't have to change it... But you can if you want.

*Giant Sigh*

OK everyone, gather around for USFS Uniforms 101. Let me first start out by addressing the individual points you bring up. 1) No, USFS firefighters do not ever wear jumpsuit style.

2) Red and Orange uniforms are used by *STATE* INMATE handcrews. These men and women are incarcerated inmates who are convicted of non-violent felonies and allowed to work off part of their sentence on a firefighting hand crew. California is the leader in the use of Felon handcrews but very few other states allow. There are NO federal inmate handcrews.

Now for the Primer on USFS Uniforms!

The United States Forest Service is a Federal Agency under the Department of Agriculture tasked with overseeing this nations Federal Forests and Wildlands. Los Angeles City shares a common border with the Angeles National Forest along its north east border and will also respond to the Los Padres and Cleveland National Forest with dozer crews and other special units. Communities such as Sunland, Tujunga, and Sylmar, amongst others are considered Wildland Urban Interface Zones because the residences and private property encroach/borders upon forest lands and the dangers within. Because of this, the ANF and LAFD respond mutual resources to all incidents in the threat zone, with LACoFD providing Handcrews and Air Assets as well.

â—Š Because the USFS ANF responds to incidents beyond just forest fires, many of their engines and firefighters are equipped with Structural Firefighting who have completed state FF1 training, not just the wildland classes. This is typically found at stations that have a heavily traveled road through it or lots of homes, like near the Angeles Crest Highway in the ANF. The gear is very similar to LAFD spec but with USFS and the Forest identifier on it, like ANF, on the back and helmet style/choice is a mix of different kinds of traditional structure helmet. Also instead of the box Reflective pattern found on LAFD and LACoFD, it just has horizontal reflective stripes.

USFS ANF E17 Structure gear

USFS ANF E17 Helmet

USFS ANF E17 Structure Jackets inside of Engine showing close up of the writing.

USFS ANF E31 helmet showing a different style

â—Š USFS Wildland/Brush gear is a green or black (for some hotshot crews) single color BDU pants with a light, yellow, nomex long sleeve shirt and full brim or cap style construction like helmet with nomex shroud. Web gear with a small or large pack is used to hold things like tools, first aid kits, water, and other necessities.

USFS ANF Bear Divide Hotshots - 1B,

USFS ANF Bear Divide Hotshots - 1B

USFS ANF E111 crew with wildland gear and Cap & Full Brim helmet

â—Š USFS Helmet colors are typically Red for crew boss, yellow for firefighters, but some hotshot crews use other colors such as white or red for everyone on the crew. With the ANF, they follow the basic standard of yellow for Firefighter and Engineer, and Red for captain or Crew boss.

I don't know if you are native to the US, judging by the phrasing of some of your sentences, I would guess not. But what is obvious is that you seem to have difficulty in telling a Federal Firefighter and Crew member from a State or County/Local Govt Crew.

No, styles are not different every time with Forest Fire fighting. Styles are different with every AGENCY involved in Forestry and Wildland Fire fighting. As to what he's basing this off of, feel free to go click happy above, he is basing them on USFS Firefighters of the Angeles National Forest. I also suggest you check out one of my favorite websites wildlandfire . com and check out their pictures. You'll see a mix of State, Inmate, Federal, Local Govt, and even foreign crews from Canada, Russia and Australia. Now if you want to discuss foreign crews, that's a whole different ball of wax, but because this is an LA mod, besides the SuperScoopers, you aren't going to find Canadian resources or hand crews down here.

Mike

*Giant Sigh*

OK everyone, gather around for USFS Uniforms 101. Let me first start out by addressing the individual points you bring up. 1) No, USFS firefighters do not ever wear jumpsuit style.

2) Red and Orange uniforms are used by *STATE* INMATE handcrews. These men and women are incarcerated inmates who are convicted of non-violent felonies and allowed to work off part of their sentence on a firefighting hand crew. California is the leader in the use of Felon handcrews but very few other states allow. There are NO federal inmate handcrews.

Now for the Primer on USFS Uniforms!

The United States Forest Service is a Federal Agency under the Department of Agriculture tasked with overseeing this nations Federal Forests and Wildlands. Los Angeles City shares a common border with the Angeles National Forest along its north east border and will also respond to the Los Padres and Cleveland National Forest with dozer crews and other special units. Communities such as Sunland, Tujunga, and Sylmar, amongst others are considered Wildland Urban Interface Zones because the residences and private property encroach/borders upon forest lands and the dangers within. Because of this, the ANF and LAFD respond mutual resources to all incidents in the threat zone, with LACoFD providing Handcrews and Air Assets as well.

â—Š Because the USFS ANF responds to incidents beyond just forest fires, many of their engines and firefighters are equipped with Structural Firefighting who have completed state FF1 training, not just the wildland classes. This is typically found at stations that have a heavily traveled road through it or lots of homes, like near the Angeles Crest Highway in the ANF. The gear is very similar to LAFD spec but with USFS and the Forest identifier on it, like ANF, on the back and helmet style/choice is a mix of different kinds of traditional structure helmet. Also instead of the box Reflective pattern found on LAFD and LACoFD, it just has horizontal reflective stripes.

USFS ANF E17 Structure gear

USFS ANF E17 Helmet

USFS ANF E17 Structure Jackets inside of Engine showing close up of the writing.

USFS ANF E31 helmet showing a different style

â—Š USFS Wildland/Brush gear is a green or black (for some hotshot crews) single color BDU pants with a light, yellow, nomex long sleeve shirt and full brim or cap style construction like helmet with nomex shroud. Web gear with a small or large pack is used to hold things like tools, first aid kits, water, and other necessities.

USFS ANF Bear Divide Hotshots - 1B,

USFS ANF Bear Divide Hotshots - 1B

USFS ANF E111 crew with wildland gear and Cap & Full Brim helmet

â—Š USFS Helmet colors are typically Red for crew boss, yellow for firefighters, but some hotshot crews use other colors such as white or red for everyone on the crew. With the ANF, they follow the basic standard of yellow for Firefighter and Engineer, and Red for captain or Crew boss.

I don't know if you are native to the US, judging by the phrasing of some of your sentences, I would guess not. But what is obvious is that you seem to have difficulty in telling a Federal Firefighter and Crew member from a State or County/Local Govt Crew.

No, styles are not different every time with Forest Fire fighting. Styles are different with every AGENCY involved in Forestry and Wildland Fire fighting. As to what he's basing this off of, feel free to go click happy above, he is basing them on USFS Firefighters of the Angeles National Forest. I also suggest you check out one of my favorite websites wildlandfire . com and check out their pictures. You'll see a mix of State, Inmate, Federal, Local Govt, and even foreign crews from Canada, Russia and Australia. Now if you want to discuss foreign crews, that's a whole different ball of wax, but because this is an LA mod, besides the SuperScoopers, you aren't going to find Canadian resources or hand crews down here.

Mike

:O, Karma +1, oh wait.

I'm not a dumb tard.... I know what a freakin Inmate looks like... Jeez....

I live in this hell hole we call America! I also live in a forest area too.... We have a few small forest fires here.

I can't help it... if the uniforms are different or I didn't know why the styles are not the same....

Jeez don't have to bash me like I'm a darn kid... Not every one can be experts at every thing...

That Why I was asking what you basing it off of...

I guess I shouldn't asked... If some one going to smart and not be nice to the person who ask.

Thanks for telling every one about the USFS.... I least know just a little more what I knew...

I'm not a dumb tard.... I know what a freakin Inmate looks like... Jeez....

I live in this hell hole we call America! I also live in a forest area too.... We have a few small forest fires here.

I can't help it... if the uniforms are different or I didn't know why the styles are not the same....

Jeez don't have to bash me like I'm a darn kid... Not every one can be experts at every thing...

That Why I was asking what you basing it off of...

I guess I shouldn't asked... If some one going to smart and not be nice to the person who ask.

Thanks for telling every one about the USFS.... I least know just a little more what I knew...

exactly. just because you make a mistake doesnt mean you can terrorize the shit out of them.

Guest lord_bonev

Guest lord_bonev
@lord_bonev, Why do you keep quoting posts then saying nothing?

Because his idea like me and support his views, which coincided with my;)

Ok you need a tiller, a fire department Air/light truck like, http://www.scanfulton.com/modules.php?op=m...;orderby=titleA, more realistic missions, not as many missions at a time have fires last longer and dont let medical calls interrupt a fire or hazmat call. Make trench rescues, car in ditch accidents, collapses, storms, not as many earthquakes no bridges with water, just make water at the end. more people, cars, at night it needs to be darker, make an ambulance style rescue, that cant do transports holds 2 personnel,http://static.scangeorgia.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/scanfulton/FireEquipment/RFD%20Pictures%20194.jpg, make all different kinds of calss, not just the same things over and over, have hostage situations with lots of people have fires with people trapped so FD can roll up in an offensive mode and get the people out first. have collapses with many injuries.

1). Tiller trucks are IMPOSSIBLE to add to the game correctly (they wont work) and will NEVER be added.

2). An air truck is completely useless given the fact that there is an unlimited amout of oxygen and water. A light truck, i dont think is possible as i believe a model can only have one superstructure? besides, theres already a ton of vehcles that have spotlights

3). Realistic missions? how are the ones now not?

4). isnt it pushing Hoppah too far? he probably wont make new missions besdides the ones he will copy/paste :P

5). the traffic density isnt very easy to edit. simple answer: it cant be done

6). making night darker: Impossible

#1.Change the online map to the one with the fire station :D

#2.Maybe make it so that you can assign who gets what emergency people.

#3.Door charges, SWAT have door charges, that unlock doors and stun everyone in the room.

#4.Optiwand, a little tool that SWAT members can use in place of a scout.