Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Ok I will respond to the idea of a TEC/Engineer base, it really is not much of a priority however useful it may be at times you rarely need anything other than towtrucks. The idea with the doors opening to recieve the vehicle simply won't work due to the fact that the wrecker is animated now and the bed will attempt to slide down. The US drawbridges tend to work one of two ways: Some split down the center line of the gap and open on either end, others lift directly vertically, the single sided ones are still around (primarilly railway bridges) but that is an older design for the US that has pretty much been obsoleted for the much more friendly and stable means. Trying to lift a bridge on one side requires a great deal more leverage, however I think he was speaking of the concept of a drawbridge, not necessarilly that one he showed, I think that was just an example. Further parking for the police vehicles is an option, but not for 1.6, chances are something will be done to resolve the issue of lack of accessability for the heavier police vehicles that you may use more commonly, obviously we are not going to make teh FBI MCV on the map off the start, nor vehicles like it. The idea of a police unmarked van honestly while easilly done just is not something we need, especially considering the FBI just gained an SUV, maybe the LA SWAT will pickup a SUV of their own but I do not know about that one considering there are already a ton of vehicles, how many more do we really need? Any further vehicles are likely to be updates to older ones and/or new features for ones. The idea of a floodlight has been brought up either towable or on the vehicle it's self, untill I see something decent on a real LA utility vehicle from their local gov I see no reason why it would be useful, the trailer idea again does not serve much of a purpose especially with as bad as the trailers can behave at times..

In short, I shot down some of the ideas yes, but some of them may get done, may not, they just are not priority items since they are more improvements than necessity items that will drastically change the game. Let's face it, the freeplay map is not that huge so it is a pain to have to call in some of these vehicles but if you find a place to park it you may keep it out indefinately.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd much rather let Hoppah work on some beautiful new models (and possibly a new mission ;) ) than have him spend hours on end scripting complicated bases that ultimately wouldn't be utilized that often. I agree it would be cool, as would a second fire station with forestry fire service vehicles. But ultimately I think that the game would be much further enhanced by another mission. Of course it's up to Hoppah, as it is his mod and we're just along for the ride...

Thanks again for the excellent mod Hoppah and I look forward to 1.6 and the LAPD Dodges :P

Guest lord_bonev
I don't know about the rest of you but I'd much rather let Hoppah work on some beautiful new models (and possibly a new mission ;) ) than have him spend hours on end scripting complicated bases that ultimately wouldn't be utilized that often. I agree it would be cool, as would a second fire station with forestry fire service vehicles. But ultimately I think that the game would be much further enhanced by another mission. Of course it's up to Hoppah, as it is his mod and we're just along for the ride...

Thanks again for the excellent mod Hoppah and I look forward to 1.6 and the LAPD Dodges :P

It is a good idea. I don't think for more mission a for new items, buildings, cars and more...

I agree. I am also sick of new vehicles all the time, all the time. Isn't it possible to do something new?

(I am not saying your work is bad Hoppah, it's great! I love it.)

Guest lord_bonev
Just to let you know that is LA County Fire department. The LA mod is in LA city not county.

Why everything must be exactly as in LA? He is a mod, just one mod. Can have everything ;)

You can't totally alter the game's engine at all so the limit of what may be done lies in scripting complicated things to occur within the limitations of the existing engine, as you can guess that means possibly an infinite timetable to figure out if something can work and to make it work. So vehicles are added and other visual changes, in1.6 however, there were also new additions in features so you really can't complain about that.... Missions can take a great deal of time and quite honestly due to how they rely on scripting they really can make up a single update for one mission alone... I am not a scripter at all, I can modify someone else's sometimes and even I can see half the things people want are impossible or downright a waste of time... Hoppah tends to stay in the realm of possible rather than wasting months trying to do things that people want that either won't work or will be problematic, I just feel like modders can't win here everyone wants 50,000 things, make up your minds either you want new things or you want the mod to stop for a year to make missions or a stupid script that does something only useful for two seconds.

Just to let you know that is LA County Fire department. The LA mod is in LA city not county.

Then i must wonder what the LACoFD stamp on the Heavy Equipment truck means.. :blush:

Ok I will respond to the idea of a TEC/Engineer base, it really is not much of a priority however useful it may be at times you rarely need anything other than towtrucks. The idea with the doors opening to recieve the vehicle simply won't work due to the fact that the wrecker is animated now and the bed will attempt to slide down.

I wasn't talking about the door would have to open. I was just saying that the truck would act as if the door had open or something along the lines of that..

Guest lord_bonev

Ok i give you a next "stupid" according to people idea for police dog. In one car, maybe police van or jeep a have one dog for set a criminal.

The dog idea has been presented before yes, and no, it is not a stupid idea it is just a difficult one. The doggie that is in the game is not exactly a trained hunter, he more or less wanders aimlessly till he runs into a target, unless a way is found to make him zone in on a target and add an animation to him (to bite) he would not look right. That is why it has been ignored and people refuse to try it, the dog in the game does not like to eat people for dinner and the dog that everyone is thinking to use doesnt want to bite (nobody thought of the rabid dog that loves to have your people for dinner I am willing to bet). That dog does not have a harness, but if you could associate it with a cop it would be the most likely if you could alter the script and make the rabid dog attack on demand, which is still a hurdle.

Guest lord_bonev
The dog idea has been presented before yes, and no, it is not a stupid idea it is just a difficult one. The doggie that is in the game is not exactly a trained hunter, he more or less wanders aimlessly till he runs into a target, unless a way is found to make him zone in on a target and add an animation to him (to bite) he would not look right. That is why it has been ignored and people refuse to try it, the dog in the game does not like to eat people for dinner and the dog that everyone is thinking to use doesnt want to bite (nobody thought of the rabid dog that loves to have your people for dinner I am willing to bet). That dog does not have a harness, but if you could associate it with a cop it would be the most likely if you could alter the script and make the rabid dog attack on demand, which is still a hurdle.

Yeah only for police object but the problem is that a no any idea for the scripting, how its made and everything.

Therefore i expose my ideas and anybody have free time or anything he can make this ;)

ok i agree with the idea of a new chasie and it eould be best if it was seagrave 2nd is the firestation a county or city if its county the alarm should have a kind of tornado sound to it not a beeping my last idea is that you could see the fire fighters gear up and not have them all ready at the same time and also show cars rushing into the fd parking lot to answer to the alarm even thoe that would require some scripting it would be awesome. o ya and you could see into the fire station not just the bays

Yeah only for police object but the problem is that a no any idea for the scripting, how its made and everything.

Therefore i expose my ideas and anybody have free time or anything he can make this ;)

because this is LA you would not see vehicles rushing into the fire station because they are a full time paid department not volunteer. And why do you wanna see into the station?..all you would see is a bunch of guys sitting around eating food and watching TV until the tones went off.

and i do have a suggestion. How about actualy tones for the departments not just a beep..maybe a different one for fire trucks and ambulances too if its possible

because this is LA you would not see vehicles rushing into the fire station because they are a full time paid department not volunteer. And why do you wanna see into the station?..all you would see is a bunch of guys sitting around eating food and watching TV until the tones went off.

and i do have a suggestion. How about actualy tones for the departments not just a beep..maybe a different one for fire trucks and ambulances too if its possible

You should see a Japanese Fire Station.... It's nice and clean.... No one is eating food and watching TV until the tones goes off. They are always working.... Its like having 2 jobs.... lol

You should see a Japanese Fire Station.... It's nice and clean.... No one is eating food and watching TV until the tones goes off. They are always working.... Its like having 2 jobs.... lol

Rules might be stricter, but if you don't eat you don't get energy.

Guest lord_bonev

Why you quote my post and answer other?

The new LAX is a good idea and look like :)