Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Guest lord_bonev

What you say one of the most in map (freeplay) it can be movable bridge?

content_bridge.jpg

[x] And my last suggestions is for sea traffic. Let have a movement and there :)

[x] PS sorry for my bad english, i hope that you understand me.

Have a nice day!

The bridge needs to be scripted, and I haven't seen something like this in another mod...

Another question: What other sense does it make other than just for fun, and: Are there movable bridges in Los Angeles? ;)

Same question for sea traffic: What use would it be of? :)

Guest lord_bonev
The bridge needs to be scripted, and I haven't seen something like this in another mod...

Another question: What other sense does it make other than just for fun, and: Are there movable bridges in Los Angeles? ;)

Same question for sea traffic: What use would it be of? :)

i now that the bridge must be scripted ;) I just give my ideas, i'm not going to LA and i don't now what have i doesn't have, but what bad have in one of these bridge. Not in other mod a in LA Mod v1.6 (the new update).

For what is a ship in the sea when they not moved in the water?

i now that the bridge must be scripted ;) I just give my ideas, i'm not going to LA and i don't now what have i doesn't have, but what bad have in one of these bridge. Not in other mod a in LA Mod v1.6 (the new update).

It's a little hard to understand your writings, but I'll try ;)

I'm just wondering what would a movable bridge and moving ships add to the game.

It would like nice, of course, but it also takes a lot of time to script, so we need to ask ourselves what sense it makes.

Is it just a nice-looking something, or does it really add something to the game? ;)

Guest lord_bonev
It's a little hard to understand your writings, but I'll try ;)

I'm just wondering what would a movable bridge and moving ships add to the game.

It would like nice, of course, but it also takes a lot of time to script, so we need to ask ourselves what sense it makes.

Is it just a nice-looking something, or does it really add something to the game? ;)

If you doesn't try you don't now what is the effect.

Guest EMSTEAM

But if you put this in you can have the large fireboat be able to fight fires that are not near the docks

Guest lord_bonev
But if you put this in you can have the large fireboat be able to fight fires that are not near the docks

The bridge can be on the place of 1st bridge ;) and no need from long time to move inside. The fireboat in game is very big and can't move inside in the city. But doesn't matter, this no sense for the bridge. This is one bridge.

I am one of the few people that will use the fireboat online with all it's excessive slowness and the horrible habit of getting stuck everywhere.... The boat was designed for maps with huge waterways, the game's freeplay map does not have waterways large enough for the boat to really come into play much unfortunately. What would likely happen is that fatty would get stuck somewhere then you would have a boat deployed that you cannot retrieve or move anymore (not necessarilly a bad thing considering I do it online all the time so it can reach 2-3 places where fires occur) but if you care about your budget you won't get it back ever again because it ends up stuck in tight places too easilly... I really believe the boat was designed more for a gimmick than actually being used extensively outside of a mission or two. As for the bridge idea, while a cool looking toy, I really do not think it would effect the gameplay enough to warrent the work needed to ensure that it would play right, not to mention the fact that it would probrably destroy vehicle pathing having that bridge move up and down all the time. Where a train just cruises on by and is gone the bridge would litterally be missing temporarilly as it raised up. A drawbridge is something that you would expect to find on a mission map, not on a freeplay one really.

My god. Drawbridges. Does LA have these? What's next? Skycrapers, garbage dumps and the complete LA metro rail?

I don't want to offend anyone, but this is total bullshit. It doesn't add ANY fun, it adds frustration.

Sigh. :wall:

I would'nt mind seeing the LA Aqueducts! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Could not resist... :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Seriously, if you think you have a practical idea that will evolve the gameplay and/or the overall feel then it is worth contributing.... If you are just shooting ideas out for the sake of airing them you may want to get a notebook to keep your ideas in that way it saves alot of frustration from having to say that it is either impossible or of no use to this mod, perhaps more.

Guest MonkeySquasher

So Hoppah, I was wondering if you could make all the underground sewers and subways of LA and then make a bunch of missions for like subway accidents and little duckies falling in the sewer and need to be rescued. Hey, you could make animal control vehicles for the duckies!!!!!!!!!

/end smartass comment :D

Maybe it time to close and lock this thread and not allow suggestion for the mod any more. Clearly things are getting out of hand.

Not a good idea. People will just make new threads or post their ideas in one of the other 100 threads. That will create mess. :)

I still don't know why my suggestion wasn't denied or approved. I thought it was quite neat, and would help a lot with the gameplay and you wouldn't have to spend as much of the budget.

I have a new suggestion to make, and some screenshots from it too.

How about a City Works base?

EngineerStuff.jpg

engineerbaseza7.png

1.) You could use one of those doors to animate some sort of vehicle transfer, the cars would just transfer through that door and then the tow truck would go park again. (btw i'm not talking about that the door would have to open, just that the car would simulate that.)

And maybe we could have the gate open and close, so that crooks couldn't do anything to the base. :happy:

This place is right in the middle east of the freeplay map.

2.) Add some parking spaces in the back of the Police Station for the little SWAT Trucks and the Bomb Squad Truck.

I doubt that this will be tough scripting but what do i know. :)

-thossi69.

How about a unmarked police van. You could just take the engineer van and reskin it to black or you could just take the black van used by the criminals in mission 3. Also, how about a towed light tower. I brought this up before but nobody really gave it much of any thought. It would be usefull for those riots at 3 in the morning when your playing MP. Just make a light tower an option on the engineer van.

I still don't know why my suggestion wasn't denied or approved. I thought it was quite neat, and would help a lot with the gameplay and you wouldn't have to spend as much of the budget.

I like your Idea