Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Hoppah,

You said you were going to remove the jaws of life from the engines and leave them on the LACoFD heavy equipment squad truck and the USAR truck. Don't the LAFD Ladders carry them also?

Regards

James

Hoppah,

You said you were going to remove the jaws of life from the engines and leave them on the LACoFD heavy equipment squad truck and the USAR truck. Don't the LAFD Ladders carry them also?

Regards

James

Let me chip in here. The LACoFD Squad, USAR rig, and the Aerial Ladder truck will have them. Chain saws and axes will be on all vehicles. Jump bags will be on USAR only.

Mike

That is the new BC's rig, so far I think Batt 2 is the only one with it. The others are slowly rolling out, but I'm still seeing a lot of the old white over red GMC's still in front line service so who knows when these things will become widespread.

Soo Hawwt.

Guest gnorman

Mike, how many of these type engines are still in service with lafd , i know they made up most of the the lafd fleet from 1984-1993.

might make a good basic fire engine

post-1446-1217719181_thumb.jpg

also this would do well for rappelling swat

post-1446-1217719632_thumb.jpg

and i just like the looks of this

post-1446-1217719948_thumb.jpg

Mike, how many of these type engines are still in service with lafd , i know they made up most of the the lafd fleet from 1984-1993.

might make a good basic fire engine

Almost all of the open cab models have been removed completely from the department. A few might still linger as reserve/training rigs but with the recent 26 new engines, and the other purchases in the last decade or so, its shocking and rare to find one of the open cabs anywhere. Kind of like when an open bucket truck rolls out on scene.

A better choice, if a 3rd engine is made, will be the new 2007 Seagrave Marauder II. That'll make the raised cab Pierce the 2-car.

also this would do well for rappelling swat

The LAPD Huey hasnt been in service for quite some time now. It was way past its life cycle and LAPD is hoping to get one of the soon to be retired LAFD 412s when the Agustas come into service. The problem is that those birds have been beat up pretty bad and that may not happen.

and i just like the looks of this

Yeah, I got to see the new Lenovo bearcat recently and frankly, the visible differences are pretty slight between it and Rescue 2. It just wasn't that impressive compared to what the FBI brought out that day.

Guest Mav1701

could be interesting... have it staffed by the normal FF and then have a button like the engine has to fall out and deploy hoses.. but have them get out and suit up

How about replacing the commands "call an engine", "call a ladder", and "call a USAR truck" replaced with, "call a light force, "call a task force", and "call a USAR tack force". For the light force the ladder and an engine would respond. For a task force an additional engine would be added to the LF. And for the USAR TF it would be a USAR truck instead of the extra engine.

Also, how about making an EMT that can only stabilize. Then you could turn the white box RA into a BLS unit.

Please include firefighters in normal turn-outs with the USAR, when sounding the alarm at the fire house on free play. There is really no need for USAR helmets and such on freeplay.
could be interesting... have it staffed by the normal FF and then have a button like the engine has to fall out and deploy hoses.. but have them get out and suit up

The great men and women who make up the LAFD USAR detachment aren't barbie dolls. There isn't a whole lot of costume changes in the field, and let's all ask ourselves, is that really what we want this game to become, one of dress up? The LAFD members assigned to the USAR rig wear specialized uniforms consisting of a confined space rescue helmet and tan jumpsuit/overalls and let's be honest, it is a bit much to undress from Turnouts and suit up in USAR gear in the field. instead they will respond to the incident in the appropriate uniform from the station.

As far as no real need for the special uniform, in the next version, you will find yourself using them more often for extrication duties and as RIC crew on an incident. By keeping them easily distinguishable, it makes the game play much easier and identifiable. Just by looking at the incident, you can see who is where, what their job is, and when you mass select, it helps keep the user from over-selecting everyone. Click the FF's to put out the fire, click USAR to remove victims, Click medics to set up treatment area.

Everyone has a job, and everyone is easy to distinguish from each other seems a good reason to me.

How about replacing the commands "call an engine", "call a ladder", and "call a USAR truck" replaced with, "call a light force, "call a task force", and "call a USAR tack force". For the light force the ladder and an engine would respond. For a task force an additional engine would be added to the LF. And for the USAR TF it would be a USAR truck instead of the extra engine.

Personally I'd rather see "Call an Engine", "Call a Light Force" and "Call a USAR." But then again, i've been asking for the Call a Light Force command since the beginning, I think we may even be getting closer to that in future versions. I will say though, many incidents can be handled with either a single Engine or Light force. Many times if an incident escalates, you really only need to add an additional engine or two as well, and you don't want to create a parking nightmare in game. Even in real life, many times the IC will be cognizant of his area and request additional engines instead of task forces for just that reason.

As for the Call a USAR TF, in the game there really aren't any confined space rescues or trench rescues that require a USAR Task Force. instead, like in real life, it is more of a specialized apparatus that is added as a single resource to incidents. During the last Earthquake a water main burst at a Macy's dept store in the Valley. The IC requested additional units and one of them was to "have the USAR respond" for salvage needs. More often then not, it'll just be requested just like that for extrication's, RIC on a fire, extra lighting, and other needs where an entire specialized task force isn't required, just the rolling tool box. In game you'll find it useful for night incidents for scene lighting, accidents where the Light Force is already tied up fighting fires, and for calls where you have a lot of victims and active firefighting going on where those 2 additional men can move the wounded to a treatment area near the paramedics without having to use firefighters committed to the incident.

Also, how about making an EMT that can only stabilize. Then you could turn the white box RA into a BLS unit.

Actually there already is an EMT that can already stabilize. Remember that in the LAFD, all Firefighters in game and in real life are trained to the EMT-B level. For a BLS box you'd just have 2 FFs (or game wise, 1 FF and 1 stretcher team for bls) in it vs 2 Paramedics (or game wise 1 Paramedc and 1 stretcher team). In future versions, the EMS system may be changed to more accurately reflect BLS and ALS as well.

Mike

Guest Mav1701

Uh Mike, you read way too much into the USAR uniform suggestion, I think.

Like you said elsewhere, the USAR rig usually responds with driver only, and then the trained USAR personnel from the light/task force would go to the truck and equip themselves with the rescue gear. That would seem to be more realsitc than having 6 USAR guys pop out of the station in full gear including helmets, gloves, vest already on. You have suggested similar changes for the sake of realism, and I actually somewhat resent the barbie doll comment :)

When I actually posted my response... I was thinking they were wearing something a lot like SCBA or hazmat gear when they roll up in the truck, but its really just their vest and heltmet, not much different from a FF, so its not TOO unrealistic, but this IS the suggestion topic.

I greatly appreciate the inside knowledge you bring about the fire and police services that apply to LAMod, but please be careful not to take suggestions personally, no one suggested that the 'The great men and women who make up the LAFD USAR detachment' were barbie dolls at all.

Uh Mike, you read way too much into the USAR uniform suggestion, I think.

Like you said elsewhere, the USAR rig usually responds with driver only, and then the trained USAR personnel from the light/task force would go to the truck and equip themselves with the rescue gear. That would seem to be more realsitc than having 6 USAR guys pop out of the station in full gear including helmets, gloves, vest already on.

Actually, that's not what I said, please read it again, but just for clarification.... The USAR rig is staffed with a Captain and Apparatus Officer (equivalent to an Engineer). They wear the standard blue work uniform throughout the day, but will change into either turnouts or USAR gear depending on the mission at the station before they respond. The overalls aren't really something you put on in the field like you can with turnouts and scba. When the full task force is needed, the Light Force assigned to the USAR task force is put out of service and they change out at the station into their gear and respond in their vehicles and then meet the USAR rig at the scene to complement it with the tools and staffing on the light force.

You can see a USAR member here on scene of the Fatal explosion that took the life of FF Lovrien and here is a member along with a flight crew member on a cliff side rescue.

In other words, for the sake of realism, yeah, popping out of the station in full gear is pretty much the way it happens. The public tends to get weird about seeing our undies for some reason.

You have suggested similar changes for the sake of realism, and I actually somewhat resent the barbie doll comment :)

When I actually posted my response... I was thinking they were wearing something a lot like SCBA or hazmat gear when they roll up in the truck, but its really just their vest and heltmet, not much different from a FF, so its not TOO unrealistic, but this IS the suggestion topic.

I greatly appreciate the inside knowledge you bring about the fire and police services that apply to LAMod, but please be careful not to take suggestions personally, no one suggested that the 'The great men and women who make up the LAFD USAR detachment' were barbie dolls at all.

Actually the barbie doll comment wasn't quite directed at you, and please don't take it as such. it was more in regards to the influx of comments directed at me and others in private and public requesting an almost dress up game where every member is able to wear no fewer then 4 or 5 different outfits. One set of PMs wanted to be able to change the users hair and outfit so they would all look different in the game.

Also as you can see from the pics, its not just a vest and helmet. LAFD USAR members wear a khaki oversuit with web harness pre-attached and Confined Space Rescue helmet. Hopefully before version 2.0, the USAR members will be edited to the proper uniform.

I have seen that before, IN the mod. Just with some little differences.

Well, youve got LAPD Rescue 1 & 2 ingame, thats Rescue 3.

Personally I think its pretty valid for being added. However, there are already 2 units in the game that serves the exact same purpose (but the Rescue 3 unit(s) appears to be newer).

Btw, the doors on Rescue 2 (which is named Rescue 1 ingame) is hinged backwards http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/Ev...e2-011.jpg.html.

I also came across this thread containing a bunch of inspiring LAPD SWAT pics http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52284 Especially the 2. page features alot of heli pics with a dark blue Bell heli, from which the SWAT officers is fast-roping from, maybe that could be something for the mod?

So because I already have 2 SWAT trucks with the SAME purpose there is a reason to add a third one which looks almost similar to Rescue 2?

My god, lets make up stupid reasons.

I also came across this thread containing a bunch of inspiring LAPD SWAT pics http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52284 Especially the 2. page features alot of heli pics with a dark blue Bell heli, from which the SWAT officers is fast-roping from, maybe that could be something for the mod?

The LAPD Huey hasnt been in service for quite some time now.

and

I'd like to keep the Rappel commands a unique thing for the Army units.

Is it possible to let Emergency auto-select soldiers instantly when they have rappeled down on the ground?

I tried to arrest a sniper two times now, but the second I need for manually selecting the soldiers was always a little too much and the sniper shot them.

If they'd be autoselected you could use them even faster. :)

Hoppah passes over 10 hours a day at work, real work.

Not anymore. I have vacation till September the 2nd and then it starts again.

It's not personal either, so no bad feelings. But look at the amount of posts in this topic.

How many people did actually give a motivation/reason to their suggestions/ideas?

I just don't see ANY reason in adding that third SWAT truck. It looks too much like Rescue 2.

You won't really see differences ingame.

Hoppah

Guest Mav1701

When the full task force is needed, the Light Force assigned to the USAR task force is put out of service and they change out at the station into their gear and respond in their vehicles and then meet the USAR rig at the scene to complement it with the tools and staffing on the light force.

Fair enough Mike, it sounds like the way its working is a good compromise between real life deployment and in game needs. I happen to think that the more interactive the people and vehicles are, the better, but it needs to be realistic interaction, so I withdraw my support :P

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway on to a different subject.. one that has bugged me a while... the stretcher team. Its not a realistic unit, and I think it can be coded around.

From my understanding the EMT/BLS ambulances are staffed with 2 EMT/Firefighters and then the ALS ambulance has 2 Paramedics/FF.

Now, whether or not to make the whitebox a BLS ambulance is a decision for Hoppah, I am not sure the stabilize command works well enough to keep a BLS rig from being useful only for transport. If it does though, then the following would work for either rig I think.

Currently, if you select 2 paramedics at once they have the ability to grab a stretcher from an ambulance and become a sretcher team.

Also currently the coroner van has the ability to place a body in the van and eject the stretcher team.

My suggestion:

An ALS ambulance would be staffed with 2 paramedics -- single units and not stretchers teams.

When they arrive they can both treat a patient.

If 1 patient needs transport:

Select both paramedics and click get stretcher.

The stretcher team now has a new targetted command: Transport patient. They will run to the patient, load him on the stretcher and put him in the unit. 1 paramedic will stay in (to monitor patient) and the other will pop back out and be a normal paramedic again.

If 2 patients need transport:

Either require the paramedic to ask another bus to respond -OR-

To use the 2nd patient slot in the RA, require either a 3rd paramedic (staffed from the station, borrowed from another unit, whatever) Or a nearby firefighter to assist. So a paramedic + FF selected together can also form a stretcher unit (maybe a 2nd model with 1 guy in turnout gear still)

They could then load patient #2 into patient slot 2, the 2nd paramedic also stays in the back to monitor patient 2 and (optional) the 2rd paramedic OR the FF must get in to drive (IE the Go to Hospital command will not work without 1 para per patient + a driver)

At the hospital, its just the opposite except maybe an orderly/nurse comes out to help each paramedic with getting the stretchers out, or paramedic + driver and paramedic + orderly.

In short, the idea is to eliminate the stand-alone 2-man stretcher team, or at least the need for them (perhaps you can still call them from the alarm or add them to new vehicle deployments) -- Instead, personnel on scene use the stretcher as needed. Any combination of FF, EMT(BLS staff) or Paramedic could equip the stretcher to load the patient

It has some drawbacks of course. For instance it would be more time consuming to remove lots of victims from a scene. of course it might make the MCV more useful too.

Trying to haul two patients in one rig adds some technical hurdles, just as it does in real life, so it may be easier to limit it to 1 per rig.

Its a pretty big change, so of course it'd be for 'down the road' And I may be missing an obvious issue which makes it impossible :P

Thoughts?

Guest erroe

Hi,

I'm not posting a lot here, actually, I think it's my 3rd time I do that (meaby more, U can check it on the left side of this message), and so, I don't even now if my suggestion has ever been ... suggested (if yes, forget it) !

I've get two times in the USA, one last year (in California), and one this year (east coast), and, then, I've played with the LA mod, that really impressive how the mod seems to be real, exept (yes, here's the "exept", it's not a "congratulation topic" as I know) for the road signs.

Meaby it's not a relly big change, or, meaby it is ... but I think it would be more reallistic.

That's a suggestion, not a demand, so, do it or not, but, please, continue to create a greatest mod of this game (that's my point of view ...)

bye bye ...

I've get two times in the USA, one last year (in California), and one this year (east coast), and, then, I've played with the LA mod, that really impressive how the mod seems to be real, exept (yes, here's the "exept", it's not a "congratulation topic" as I know) for the road signs.

Road signs would be nice. Why not change the roads too look like America roads. :P

*paint bucket*

Guest lord_bonev
Road signs would be nice. Why not change the roads too look like America roads. :P

*paint bucket*

And i think that will be look nice in the mod, he will have more realistic roads :)