Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

I agree with everything Mikesphotos just posted. I know, it should've been my words.

I would have written a similar post. Probably much shorter and more agressively, but with the same context.

I like the idea of having an EMS captain. I personally think it should be able to call an Ambulance, rescue helicopter, mass casualty unit and a coroners van.

I am going to change the blue grille lights on the unmarked to blue/red instead of blue only, because that's what the LAPD uses.

I will see if can add the evacuation command to the Jayhawk again.

All 'patrol commands" related posts:

The patrol commands use 3 'looped' paths, which can be followed in 2 directions.

That means there are 6 choices when a car starts a patrol. I can add more paths ofcourse, but these problems remain.

There are a few choke points on maps (the bridges) and that's something I can't change easily.

Besides that, nobody would like it if a car goes into a street and turns around because it's the end of the map.

A new police helicopter would be cool. But it's hard to model a helicopter and it's even MUCH and MUCH harder to animate new rotors.

Wait until you see my animation tutorial and you'll understand what I mean.

Hoppah

;)

Modelling the helicopter: about 6 hours

Making a texture and UV-mapping the model: another 5 hours

Animating the rotors: more than 20 hours including testing.

You just did 6 of the 31 (6+5+20) hours.

I can also make 4 simple, but nice missions within 31 hours.

Modelling the helicopter: about 6 hours

Animating the rotors: about 20 hours including testing

20 hours :s

you can use my model,

maybe later

you can use my model,

maybe later

EDIT sorry did not read good your post, if u need another model you can pm PS: i have make the model in 2 hours

Yep, it took me 3 weeks to animate the Blackhawk rotors.

After I found out how to animate, it took me at least 20 hours to find out how the rotor animations work and to animate them.

If you look at the rotor model files of the Blackhawk or Jayhawk you'll know what I mean: 102 frames for 3 animations. The whole file has about 1.3 million symbols. The animation part has more than 38.000 lines of vertices moving into a certain direction. These lines have been made with Excel, but you need to manually add each frame into a certain order. Because my mod has two UH-60's (the Blackhawk and Jayhawk) it was worth the time, but I haven't planned to animate another rotor this way.

btw, say hi to our new moderator, Mikesphotos. :)

In regards to the unmarked charger, Topfuzz, What do you mean by outdated? As of todays date, all unmarked LAPD cars are crown vics. To me that sounds like the crown vics are up to date and contemporary. In the future we might see undercover chargers, and the CHP is looking at using them for that duty, but for now, the Crown Vic is still the current car of service in the fleets. As cool as having a blinky light brigade charger might or might not be, as nifty as the videos of other cars may or may not be, and as much as you'd love to see cars you are familiar with in your home town or area, remember the first principal of realism and functionality.

The Camaro was replaced because the model needed to be redone and the game needed a special car to replace it, so Hoppah took the time to create and add the charger to fill that until the camaro can be properly addressed.

To just replace the unmarked crown vic, which is the current vehicle in service with an unmarked charger, which isn't used by the LAPD at all isn't the right direct

yeah im sorry but here in florida my town has undercover and marked chargers on street duty and other surrounding areas have unmarked impalas i just thought it would be a good idea but since its not realistic to la ill drop it

in regards to the unmarked crown vic does anyone know how i could change the grille lights to red and blue not both blue

I love this mod.

Something though, what about letting FBI calling ambulance/police? I haven't noticed if you added this but, paramedics calling police?

I emailed the LAPD to see what the Smart car seen in the videos I posted is used for. I'll post their response here. It would be nice if you or someone else could do it for fun :).

Hotmail postmaster tells me that email address posted on LAPD's website is not valid.

Wow, Ok..... Let me say this as clearly as I can.

The smart car in the videos you saw has a DUTCH license plate. The people in the video are speaking dutch. The title of the video even mention this is at a car show in the Netherlands. Look at the response video, the license plates are NOT from California of any of the vehicles on the street... or from the US for that matter.

Here is a close up still image of the car that shows the license plate better.

In Europe, many people like to create fake LAPD, CHP, NYPD and other american police cars, take them to car shows, and it is all in good fun. Here are some other examples:

A Swiss NYPD replica

Smart car in NYPD colors from Holland

To learn more about the replica you seem so fascinated by, contact YoMusic on youtube. He seems to be very big in the American Police replicas in Europe scene.

This is not an official LAPD car. This is not a car even operated in the United States. I hope that helps clear things up.

Mike

Hello,

What about an navel ship with commands to cal marines??

And what about an commandtruck for the fire Dept (like the FBT mobile command post)

Greetz Samabith

hey hoppah question about the police coming on map from the police station...

as you know when calling a vehicle to the map you have 2 options, The Circle just brings the vehicle to it spawn point, and the Arrow which allows you to select the exact location you want to send the vehicle upon comeing to the map..

is there any way to have Police vehicles that are called to the map and NOT sent to the arrow location automatically go on patrol instead of just waiting outside the police station?

Wow, Ok..... Let me say this as clearly as I can.

The smart car in the videos you saw has a DUTCH license plate. The people in the video are speaking dutch. The title of the video even mention this is at a car show in the Netherlands. Look at the response video, the license plates are NOT from California of any of the vehicles on the street... or from the US for that matter.

Here is a close up still image of the car that shows the license plate better.

In Europe, many people like to create fake LAPD, CHP, NYPD and other american police cars, take them to car shows, and it is all in good fun. Here are some other examples:

A Swiss NYPD replica

Smart car in NYPD colors from Holland

To learn more about the replica you seem so fascinated by, contact YoMusic on youtube. He seems to be very big in the American Police replicas in Europe scene.

This is not an official LAPD car. This is not a car even operated in the United States. I hope that helps clear things up.

Mike

It would still look nice in the game though. I wish I knew how to model cars.

I even found a Model Hoppah can use: http://www.3dvia.com/jeanudert/media/9337B7899BADBF91

I am going to change the blue grille lights on the unmarked to blue/red instead of blue only, because that's what the LAPD uses.

I've edited that (and some other stuff) in for my personal mod, if youre interested in the texture, pm me. Also I've edited the texture of the slicktop to make it into a maroon undercover car without bullbars (similar to how the lapd detective cars look). You can have that too if you want.

It would still look nice in the game though. I wish I knew how to model cars.

I even found a Model Hoppah can use: http://www.3dvia.com/jeanudert/media/9337B7899BADBF91

I see you've edited your original reply but if you'd like to know more about that car and it's owner, read this amusing article from Copcar . com.

You can see all of the changes Johan Wiegman done to it over the years, including adding the galls 911 logo on the back which is what is seen in the video. That was probably the biggest give away since LAPD, LASD and other agencies in Cali use this logo which is procured through the State of California's Dept. of General Services, Telecommunications Division.

Mike

I've edited that (and some other stuff) in for my personal mod, if youre interested in the texture, pm me. Also I've edited the texture of the slicktop to make it into a maroon undercover car without bullbars (similar to how the lapd detective cars look). You can have that too if you want.

how did u change the texture for the grille lights and the slicktop

I see you've edited your original reply but if you'd like to know more about that car and it's owner, read this amusing article from Copcar . com.

You can see all of the changes Johan Wiegman done to it over the years, including adding the galls 911 logo on the back which is what is seen in the video. That was probably the biggest give away since LAPD, LASD and other agencies in Cali use this logo which is procured through the State of California's Dept. of General Services, Telecommunications Division.

Mike

So they were going to use them for patrol, but they decided not too. Thanks for the information Mike.

CVC

So they were going to use them for patrol, but they decided not too. Thanks for the information Mike.

CVC

No, they weren't. These pictures even show the car with a Dutch license plate again. 'Politie' means police in Dutch. 'But the service center ended up playing a cruel joke instead.' It was a joke.

how did u change the texture for the grille lights and the slicktop

Photoshop. Its easy, takes some time to do a whole car though, well at my skill level anyway. Dont ask how to unpack the .dds files though, dont ask how to open .dds files in photoshop either. Search for it instead.

Anyway:

unmarkedzy0.th.jpg

Hoppah, theyre yours if you want them.

Guest lord_bonev
Photoshop. Its easy, takes some time to do a whole car though, well at my skill level anyway. Dont ask how to unpack the .dds files though, dont ask how to open .dds files in photoshop either. Search for it instead.

Anyway:

unmarkedzy0.th.jpg

Hoppah, theyre yours if you want them.

Good job! The blue car it's looking amazing.