Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

LAFD stations use a Digital Voice Dispatch system by Locution Systems. In the station you hear a solid alerting tone followed by the digitized voice dispatch. You can hear an example of it in this video on myspace along with Command traffic. Notice how he doesn't ask for additional alarms but asks for task forces and RA's.

The only beeps are from the mdt's waiting for acknowledgement/enroute. Neither City nor County use pagers for their regular personal.

Remember, Emergency! was representative of the Los Angeles County Fire Department, not city. As far as I am aware, Los Angeles City has never had those kind of tones. While LACoFD has changed their system in recent years, they still do utilize a tone-out system for major incidents like structure and brush fires. You can hear an example of the tones for a brush fire here I warn you first, TURN DOWN the volume! It's enough to wake the dead and piss off the neighbors dog. The basic rule of thumb, the more tones you hear, the bigger the incident. A normal structure fire would just have the ones for the Battalion Chiefs, in this one you hear the county copters, chiefs, special units, camps, and others.

As far as the unmarked SUV goes, let me first start out by saying that when it comes to unmarked, virtually anything can go! You have so many different special groups in the LAPD that utilize something other then the standard black and white patrol cars. From Narco to SIS to detectives and crime lab officers, you are going to find a great mix of vehicles that don't conform to the general marked units. Now, there is a big difference between unmarked and undercover! Not everyone gets lights and sirens, and not everyone gets a crown vic or something that looks official. I've seen more then a few Narcotics units driving Land Rovers and Acura's simply because their whole point is not to be identifiable. For standard detective units and such, they usually drive an unmarked crown vic as I've mentioned before, but they also show up in vehicles like this one in the middle that had no emergency lighting but held 2 LAPD detectives. One thing to note though, since I'm sure someone will ask for it to be covered in a billion blinky lights, these vehicles, when outfitted with emergency lights, will rarely have more then a visor/dash light to the front with a steady burn red/blue flashing light, and maybe corner strobes or some other minor warning light. Sorry guys, we're just not a big blinky light place.

Mike, one question, doesn't the steady burn light kinda ruin the undercover effect? Because if I was involved in illict activities(hypothetically) doesn't the steady burn light act like a big neon sign with an arrow that says "Cops are Here", and obviously, I wouldn't carry out my illict activities. Also, I think I remember seeing a pic somewhere of an armored car company that made an unmarked armored pickup truck for LAPD swat

I found a video of the Lafd getting dispatched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXtAswJ2YY Also what does the class mean on the side of the truck?

Heh, I haven't seen that in a while. They actually kind of fibbed a bit and used a Voice Dispatch instead of the Digital Voice system since with a filming like that, it'd be too much of a hassle to have dispatch constantly run it over and over and over again.

Mike, one question, doesn't the steady burn light kinda ruin the undercover effect? Because if I was involved in illict activities(hypothetically) doesn't the steady burn light act like a big neon sign with an arrow that says "Cops are Here", and obviously, I wouldn't carry out my illict activities. Also, I think I remember seeing a pic somewhere of an armored car company that made an unmarked armored pickup truck for LAPD swat

The steady burn light is just like any other emergency light on the vehicle. It is only activated when you are involved in a situation the would require emergency lights and sirens. I think you may have it confused with what are called "cruise lights" which are small semi-dim lights inside of a lightbar that remain on constantly to make the vehicle more noticeable. These are typically found in Code 3 products used by security vehicles at malls and shopping centers.

Mike

The old LAPD CRASH cars used to have steady burns if I am not mistaken, but the steady burns just turn on when the emergency lights go on as mike said, just like any other aux light you can cut them off with the flip of a switch. In the end the best cars for being discreet are the narco cars for example which tend to be "borrowed" from the impound lot, cars that either the owner will never claim or cars that have been siezed for one reason or another. Pretty much everywhere in the US practices this kind of behavior since it gives them a car that does not look like a cop car that will allow them to hide pretty well. Some cases they use their civilian cars but that is not as common for insurance issues and things of that nature, besides you would not want to be detected as a cop and have the criminals you just chased down knowing your civil car. Mike is correct that most of those vehicles do not carry auxilliary lighting, it is fairly hard to do a drug deal on the corner if you have a christmas tree of a car, chances are your mark will notice the lights.

Heh, I haven't seen that in a while. They actually kind of fibbed a bit and used a Voice Dispatch instead of the Digital Voice system since with a filming like that, it'd be too much of a hassle to have dispatch constantly run it over and over and over again.

The steady burn light is just like any other emergency light on the vehicle. It is only activated when you are involved in a situation the would require emergency lights and sirens. I think you may have it confused with what are called "cruise lights" which are small semi-dim lights inside of a lightbar that remain on constantly to make the vehicle more noticeable. These are typically found in Code 3 products used by security vehicles at malls and shopping centers.

Mike

Thanks, I didn't realize that they only turned on when you activate the rest of the emergency lights.

I found a video of the Lafd getting dispatched Also what does the class mean on the side of the truck?

Whoops, I missed part of the question. The Class 1 rating is an ISO (Insurance Services Office) rating that insurers have in the past, and possibly still do, base insurance premiums and rates on. LAFD is no longer a Class 1 city, and very few across the nation are, as the classes are based on a wide variety of factors and elements that are almost impossible for a large city with a brush area to meet. You can read more about it as well as commentary from LAFD's own PIO Brian Humprhey here.

Guest andrewonice

Is it possible for a police officer or battalion chief to call in a tow truck, or is it only possible to call in units from on the map?

Guest francismori7

Horn command that will enable a horn sound while the sirens. If possible, make the traffic cars move out of the road. :)

Like the sirens, you click and the horn sound starts and stops after 1 second.

What you think?

I think its best because the horn is not included in the alarm. :) Now, you start the siren and the car starts to horn... Lol.

If you won't do it, tell me how to and I'll try it :D

Thank you.

I've suggested them before but here are my major suggestions in one place:

-replace boat unit with a Swift Water Rescue truck(either with the boat on top or on a trailer, using the script. Of course would require a new boat too)

- replace the crane with a heavy rescue ( the back of the unit does rotate so it would be like the crane with the boom facing backward)

- USFS firefighters in hotshot gear

-LAX firefighters in ARFF gear

-Specialized hazmat firefighters(decon/ medical/ and fire control, maybe different protection level suits, and SWAT in hazmat gear?)

-Firefighters in water rescue gear which can move fast on land and swim out to rescue but not dive (would look a lot like USAR firefighters...probably not possible)

-A reset script for the trailers behind the fire station

I really like the idea of putting heavy rescue 56 in the mod.

Here is are some pictures: 1

I personally thing the yellow faun crane doesn´t fit in the LA mod.

I also propose to give swat units the possibility to drop down from helicopter.

I have already made a script for it (which can be downloaded on my homepage and does not have the bug with the THW bag). So it would not be much work to bring that feature in the la mod.

Regards

Woltep

I really like the idea of putting heavy rescue 56 in the mod.

Here is are some pictures: 1

I personally thing the yellow faun crane doesn´t fit in the LA mod.

That Heavy Rescue thing looks awesome, but a crane is a crane. I am almost certain that most of time other companies take care of recovering and transporting debris and wreckages.

I have already made a script for it (which can be downloaded on my homepage and does not have the bug with the THW bag). So it would not be much work to bring that feature in the la mod.

Yes, that's a nice script you've made/edited, but I have some reasons I never added that feature before:

1. People should sliding down a rope, not holding it. Look at this video:

. That doesn't look like anything compared to how the engineers go down in EM4.

2. The engineers go down way too slow and it's just one person at a time.

3. The LAPD helicopter doesn't look very suitable for rappeling.

4. You can better animate it than using the engineer commands. Although that requires a lot of work. :) :) :)

That would be sweet, Maybe that the standard Eurocopter EC-135 could be replaced by rescue 5 of the LASD: link, that would be so sweet!

Gino

That Heavy Rescue thing looks awesome, but a crane is a crane. I am almost certain that most of time other companies take care of recovering and transporting debris and wreckages.

Not trying to be pushy or offensive at all, but it is a crane Hoppah in those photos on my original post you can see them using it to pull a crashed car out of the water (just like you have to do in game). The boom even rotates around at least in in a 180 degree arc.......Anyways whatever you do is you choice as it is your mod, I play it and love it regardless.

yeah, i was wondering about adding a rappeling SWAT team for the STLMod, but that might be too much work. for one, you would have to make a new animation. despite what everyone has siad, It IS POSSIBLE. you need 3dsmax and some patience and whatever is needed for .V3o files. a largeer halicopter would be in order (in between Engineer and standard; something like the civil news chopper) for a more realistic platform. plus, youd have to do something about only sending 1 at a time, as rapelling 1 SWAT guy at a time into enemies doesnt seem . . . smart :unsure::gruebel:

but im sure Hoppah could do it :)

Guest francismori7
Horn command that will enable a horn sound while the sirens. If possible, make the traffic cars move out of the road. :)

What you think?

I think its best because the horn is not included in the alarm. :) Now, you start the siren and the car starts to horn... Lol.

Thank you.

What about that one? :)

What you think?

Thank you.

I like the idea of being able to control the aire horn. Although, if it's possible, I'd like to see a siren contol panel for each unit.

A horn is to warn, not to tell people they have to get out of the way.

But controlling sirens/lights require some kind of control panel which is hard to make. I don't have experience with that.

Same thing to make the cars move to the side of the road. Such a script will be very hard to make and time-consuming.

But the ideas are good. :)

A horn is to warn, not to tell people they have to get out of the way.

But controlling sirens/lights require some kind of control panel which is hard to make. I don't have experience with that.

Same thing to make the cars move to the side of the road. Such a script will be very hard to make and time-consuming.

But the ideas are good. :)

Here in the U.S., we tend to use the air horn as another way to get people out of the roadway with the sirens, especially in heavy traffic. see video below for example

youtube video - Warwick E-634 responding for a telephone pole burning - by WFD633Hook

My idea is to give police officers the command to call fire trucks to an incident. ALso perhaps add more spaces to the fire station or elsewhere on the map to put it the heavy equipment tender and the EMS car (as has been mentioned before).

Btw has any one seen the woman in the bikini walking around the streets of LA in Hoppah's mod :P