tony11139

SubMod: Tony's Lights, v1.8.6 and overview with all prototypes OUT NOW!

Guest andrewonice
I like the sirens that CFD compiled, but they are a little to staticky and noisy for my taste, and I forgot to backup my sirens folder, does anyone have the default LA mod sirens?

I would just re-install the mod if I were you.

Guest lord_bonev
Our Ambulance and Fire trucks are Rotary and LED.

The Police are LED now, but i heard some rumor that some unit uses Rotary, but i assume old units.

And the Rotary is not bad but you are right. The most police vehicles have LED :) I suggest for Rotary to Coroner van maybe.

@ tony:

You've already planned for changing the lights in v1.7 BEFORE you have even seen them?

Mikesphotos, who lives in Los Angeles and has a job in the LAFD, changed alot of lights to make them look more realistic.

He did an awesome job. I just don't see a reason for making them more unrealistic.

It just sound very stupid to me that you already made plans for something that you haven't checked out yet.

:1046275873_shakehead:

lol sorry hoppah but I don't saw anywhere that you change the light fonction :) that's why i said that i'll remake my light ! I'm sorry again!

lol sorry hoppah but I don't saw anywhere that you change the light fonction :) that's why i said that i'll remake my light ! I'm sorry again!

No problem, you still got permission to change and release them. :)

The other problem is that the Hoppah'S lightbar in this version of the mod are for rotation light .. ledlight don't look like this .. it look like the camaro or charger ... that's why i made rotation light ... same for firetruck

Thanks Hoppah! and i don't put those light to humiliate you! it's just to make a little realistic thing and a little touch of mine in it! :P

I would just re-install the mod if I were you.

Umm....don't post here if you don't know the correct answer.

Changing sound files...if you don't like it, YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-INSTALL!! Just find another siren wav. and replace it!

FOR SOUNDS REPLACEMENT , IT'S A SOUND WAV, NOT SCRIPTING, COMMAND, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!

Guest francismori7
DONT DOUBLE POST! edit your last post if you have to or post after someone posted after your last post. you've been here long enough to understand the rules. please abide by them.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic::protest:

Are you moderator to give orders? No. Now go to bed. :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Guest francismori7
You're doing the same thing. I should warn you for this. :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Hehe, bad Francis :P

I just know how to do it :D

By the way, in V1.7, you should include child objects, like, little squares, so, in the editor, you could add more lights without being obligated to modify the model ;)

I would personally like those "squares" to be included so I could "modify" a bit the unmarked patrol car, add more lights in the dash, like this video:

I'll check it out. . you mean for the new police car and the dodge charger ?

Yes, like, if its possible, I would like the pattern to be like my provincial police:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4YMW0BWw_Ik

If you need help with knowing the pattern its really easy.

em4freak

That's not what I'm talking about dude AND you're talking about 1.5. I never mentioned the lights in 1.5. :1046275873_shakehead:

So read my post again and come back. I said that it's weird to already make plans for a 'light mod' for v1.6 without even seeing the lights in v1.6

The lights are more realistic, because Mikesphotos has helped me alot with them. They can't really get more realistic than they are right now.

I can imagine you like the extra lights, but not for the reason you just gave me. You like the tony's lights because his look Canadian? (Because you're from: Calgary, Canada)

Why not build a Canadian mod then???!!!!!!

About 99,9% of your posts don't seem to be valuable or add anything to this forum.

So what's your problem? Lost your tonguehands??

yeah there are too many lights with tony but his lightbars actually rotate like they do in real life and look realistic all i think there should be is grille and back dash lights

Because the Federal Signal Arjent lightbar is LED.

is how I made the lights, just a different flashing pattern for the red and blue lights.

Oh thanks for the repy, wasn't sure to expect you to reply.

It still is a LED lightbar, and in the mod it flashes like a strobe.

Like i said, i can change it to a more realistic pattern wich makes you say: yes, thats a LED for sure.

Edit: I've seen it now in the editor, its a big mess. I'm sorry, i dont like the led idea of yours at all. Not that i dont like the mod, its great, you've put some real effort in it!

Tip: To make it more realistic, you should increase the right upper value to 0.89 or something around that number, and the offset to 0.60 from the otherlight at the same spot wich has 0.00 , then the speed should be around 4.00, and the corona size doesn't matter.

The main idea is to let the 2 flashes on the same corona spot, flash shorter, so that there will be a shorter ''gap'' between the lights.

Then you probably think ''Why don't change the offset value'', yes okay, but with a speed of 4.00, it doesn't show a gap anymore, it would be showing 1 single light. If you work with a speed of 3.00, you should decrease the value from 0.60 to maybe 0.35.

Try for yourself, but make the time between the two flashes (on the same spot) shorter, so it looks like a led.

Guest lord_bonev
Are you moderator to give orders? No. Now go to bed. :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Stop to spam. You to aren't a moderator, you must to used the rules. This rules is for everybody in the forum!

"Christmas Tree overkill" Kit.

I think that is so cool :P

Stop to spam. You to aren't a moderator, you must to used the rules. This rules is for everybody in the forum!

I think that is so cool :P

Ohh, the irony.

Anyway, I love the current lights in 1.6. I think they look awesome and just as good as Tony, but I'm sure Tony will come out with is Christmas Tree Overkill that will look great as well.

Oh thanks for the repy, wasn't sure to expect you to reply.

It still is a LED lightbar, and in the mod it flashes like a strobe.

One of the very big benefits that comes with the leds is the VERY wide variety on flash patterns. Theyre more or less fully customizable, depending on the quality of the leds. If you want them blitzing like a strobe or slowly lighting like a halogen, its up to the user to decide. Its all very customizable, and you can even decide for each light-unit in the lightbar (i think the arjent has 16), and you can even choose the color of the light for each unit independent of the others, and when switched off they all look the same gray color (depending on the color of the lightbar itself).

Anyway, hoppahs lights look like led. The thing with them though, is that the pattern isnt advanced in the way leds offer. But thats more a problem with the EM4 light engine than with Hoppahs skills. Then again, if you put in alot of work on the lights, anything is possible, with enough lights.

I've seen some video's of the Arjent lightbar and every lightbar had different lights. Some were missing the steady burns, others had just two rear amber lights.

That lightbar seems to be fully customizable, so I made my own pattern of the red and blue lights.

On the video with the LAPD patrol car with that lightbar the red and blue lights were flashing at the same time and that just didn't look good ingame (main reason: red+blue = purple), so I changed the offset and that was much better.

I've seen some video's of the Arjent lightbar and every lightbar had different lights. Some were missing the steady burns, others had just two rear amber lights.

That lightbar seems to be fully customizable, so I made my own pattern of the red and blue lights.

On the video with the LAPD patrol car with that lightbar the red and blue lights were flashing at the same time and that just didn't look good ingame (main reason: red+blue = purple), so I changed the offset and that was much better.

I understand. Well okay, last suggestion: make the corona size smaller, ist now just one hell of a flash.