Guest Bender_B_Rodriguez

A Few Modding Questions

Guest Bender_B_Rodriguez

Hi all

I've just been asked to create a model for an emergency 4 mod. I've never played the game before and know little about it but I thought it was something I could probably do. So I've got a few questions I need answered before I continue.

1: What sort of polygon limit should I be sticking to per model? Would 5000 or so be ok?

2: I'm using 3ds max but I've read you can only do the textures in zmodeler (correct me if I'm wrong) so what file format should I export the model to in order to import it into zmodeler?

They're the most important for now I might ask more if I think of some.

Thanks

Hi and :welcome: to our forums.

1) There's no limit in fact , but from a certain amount of polygons the game will slow down dramticly. That's why most moders work with a maximum of 2500 polygons including doors and interior/

2) If I ain't wrong Zmodeler is able to import de 3DS formart :)

Guest Bender_B_Rodriguez

Cheers, looks like I might have to cut back on the detail a bit. The model I've made is about 5,500 polys. Do you think it would slow the game down much?

Also, I'm trying to upload images but I get an error message saying that the file is larger than the available space. It's only 66k, I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem.

Well depends who's going to use the mod where the models are in, but I'm quite sure that even High End computers will have problems running the game if all models are arround the 5000. Well removing some details won't bless I think as you won't see much of them ingame :).

About the upload, strange, I'll take a look at your account, ill respond in some mins

EDIT: Thank you for repporting this, i made soem typos it seems, the space was 5kb for users lol It's up to 12,5mb now :)

Stan