Hoppah

[EM3] Los Angeles Mod By Hoppah

wtf :Oo

What is that suppose to mean? You think the .v3o plugin for Zmodeler2 always existed?

In the EM3/EM4 editor, you can add childs (like doors and wheels) to objects.

It's like using Lego to make a vehicle, except we were able to edit the alpha channel of textures to make parts of the objects invisible.

Only the police vehicles in the EM3 version of the LA Mod have new models made in Zmodeler2.

The fire dept. vehicles have been alpha-modded like I explained.

Go into the editor and look at the amount of childs (added as non-working door) these vehicles have. Then check out the models and textures.

its supposed to mean that that was confusing to me and my Zmod addled mind :huh: lol then what did 16T use?

i dont really pay much attention to the EM3 LAMod (EM4 is better and the only modding ive done to the EM3 LAMod is adding lights to the limo + LAPD Van) so i never looked at the models, always assumed that u made them. ooh, just checked in Zmod, fire trucks just the flatbed + cab. damn, my admiration for you just went up

its supposed to mean that that was confusing to me and my Zmod addled mind :huh: lol then what did 16T use?

i dont really pay much attention to the EM3 LAMod (EM4 is better and the only modding ive done to the EM3 LAMod is adding lights to the limo + LAPD Van) so i never looked at the models, always assumed that u made them. ooh, just checked in Zmod, fire trucks just the flatbed + cab. damn, my admiration for you just went up

16T probably used software like Maya with a .v3o plugin to create their models. Besides the program itself, you need to buy these plugins and that costs alot of $$$.

It's even possible they created a .v3o plugin exclusively for 16T. That plugin isn't accesible for us. Same thing for the animation stuff. We can't create new animations easily. We can't even make person animations at all. :)

Besides, Zmodeler2 isn't proffesional software.

wow 16T really wasted money if they used Maya to create primitive models like that lol

That made the game also playable on older computers.

Even for simple models like we see in EM3 and EM4 it might be easier to use professional software, so it's not really a waste of money.

It's more like a waste of time (= money) if they had to use programs like Zmodeler2.

But still, the textures + the worse .dds compression makes alot of the EM3/EM4 models doesn't look very good.

Without a good texture it doesn't really matter if your vehicles have only 1000 or more than 4000 polygons.

lol but Pro software costs between $2000 and $7000 (Maya + 3DS Max, depending on what version you have). guess they didnt get the Maya that costs $6000 and has plugins to make skin, clothes, hair, etc. :rolleyes:

the skins look realistic but yea, they get really blurry while yours dont unless you get microscopically close ;). so the key word to (less) blurry skins is no .dds compression?

Like I said, you're not looking to the other costs. If 16T really used Maya, they use it for other games too.

Lets pretend professional 3D modelling software speeds up the modelling process with 50% compared to relative simple software like Zmodeler2.

People need to get paid. So count out your labour costs on long term.

Even $7000 isn't much compared to the labour costs. So buying Maya might have been a good INVESTMENT.

Guest 112quin

Could somebody please explain me step by step how i install the LA mod. please explain me every little detail. this is the first time I use a mod and i have tried everything but i dont understand it.

I am assuming you know how to download something so :

you download it from the EMP downloads data base, after that, you extract the file to a destination of your choice. You then open the Emergency 3 directory, and click on the mod installer... You click browse to find the mod, and go to the destination where you put the downloaded mod file. Just click install, and it does the rest... All you have to do is go play:)

hope this helps

Hey, quick question.

I added a crap load of Crown Vic's, two for the fire department, one for the ambulance, and at least 3 or 4 for the police. I also added a few SUV's to the police. Now when I go to load either a campaign mission or freeplay, it loads up until the vehicle icon lights up, then the icon goes dark again, and it says "Emergency 3 has encountered a problem and needs to close." Anyone know where I messed up?

lol LA Mission 19 is hard because one time i spent the entire 20 minutes at the main intersection in front of the airport cause the traffic was so FUBAR and heavy i had to have like 15 police officers direct traffic (which only caused some further problems lol)

and then the stair vehicle is really bad cause you cant get units up there cause they dont see it as a viable option and sometimes they just drop to the ground when theyre walking on it

Guest de_coach

hi,

first of all I want to congratulate you for this wonderful mod

but unfortuantley, I found some bugs or errors.

I have installed em3 with all patches and the la mod 2.5

when I start a campaign mission and order to a unit to move, I get a lot of error messages like:

(_movee76f6):Error:Can't call

GameObject::PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,DUMMY_DISABLE,CALLER,2,false) in current scope

When I push on Cancel, the game exits an I return back to Windows.

When I push on retry, I get a dozend other messages like:

(_movee76f6): FILE:mod:/scripts/game/command/move.scripte76f6 LINE:46

(_movee76f6):Possible candidates are...

(_movee76f6):filename line:size busy function type and name

(_movee76f6):(in GameObject)

(_movee76f6):filename line:size busy function type and name

(_movee76f6):(in Actor)

(_movee76f6):Error:Failed to evaluate class member

'PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,DUMM_DISABLE,Caller,2,false)

'

(Caller->PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,DUMM_DISABLE,Caller,2,false))

But when I push on "ignore", the game continues normally excepting some orders to units:

For example it's impossible to sent an ambulance back to the base or to order to a SED/SWAT Unit to get Mp5 or ballistic shield. The unit goes to the special enforcement truck but doesn't get a Mp5 or ballistic shield; there aren't new orders when I click on the unit.

What went wrong and what can I do that this fantastic mod operates as well as it should?

hi,

first of all I want to congratulate you for this wonderful mod

but unfortuantley, I found some bugs or errors.

I have installed em3 with all patches and the la mod 2.5

when I start a campaign mission and order to a unit to move, I get a lot of error messages like:

(_movee76f6):Error:Can't call

GameObject::PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND,DUMMY_DISABLE,CALLER,2,false) in current scope

What went wrong and what can I do that this fantastic mod operates as well as it should?

Hoppah won't work on the EM3 LA MOD any more. But I think the bugs aren't caused by the LA MOD I think you have a codec problem. The codecs prevent the game from finding the equipment and commands and that is causing the errors. I haven't had the problems you described. I just checked. Maybe you can take a look in our technical FAQ for some guidelines.

Mission 17: Truck crashed into ravine

Is there something I can do about mission 17. In case you didn't know, it automatically fail's the mission half way through when the house catches fire and say's (null). I want to complete it, but I can't.

Guest esteromix

hoppah i have a question, why are some of the vehicles unavailable in the missions you need them? There is no vehicle to treat for chemical sickness. There is no police command truck, and these vehicles including the tow truck are not available in freeplay. :1046274283_heul::machkaputt:

You guys i dont think Hoppah is going to help you with EM3 since its old, and he has A LOT to do. I can say for mission 17, u can go into editor and remove the fire? :nixweiss: And sry about missing vehicles.

:closed: might as well be...

hoppah i have a question, why are some of the vehicles unavailable in the missions you need them? There is no vehicle to treat for chemical sickness. There is no police command truck, and these vehicles including the tow truck are not available in freeplay. :1046274283_heul::machkaputt:

the company forgot to put arrow keys o scroll the units but at the bottom of the tab there are little boxes that are the scroll tool

You guys i dont think Hoppah is going to help you with EM3 since its old, and he has A LOT to do. I can say for mission 17, u can go into editor and remove the fire? :nixweiss: And sry about missing vehicles.

:closed: might as well be...

How about you let the forum staff decide that?

As long as there are people having questions about the EM3 LA MOD this topic will stay open. Period.

About mission 17: keep a fire truck and a police vehicle on the map. If you send all vehicles away the mission will fail.

Guest SanJuan09

I installed em3 on my pc and everything waas working fine, I installed LA mod afterwards and I cant seem to load it? Ive doen the patch 1.3 and all that. It's installed as well however when I load it in the modifications tab the game crashes