Kajanpb

Winterberg Mod

Ok, I got the new Tanker Images up on the last page.

I figured out 3 way jacks, I can't have any hoses connected to a truck and they automatically set it up. yada yada.

I still need info on getting the Jaws of life for Car Accidents, Defective railroad crossings and more.. but I don't remember it.

Guest Dacop
I just need a basic explanation of how to use the fire teams MANY functions

* 3 way jack - Found VERY USEFUL with industrial fires, I did it once and I can\'t seem to do it again.

* Rescue using Jaws of life

* Missions in General, such as "Robbery" It was in German and I didn't get it.

I believe the three way jack feature changed from version 5.8 to 6.0 so there's no wonder you're confused about this.

This should work with the LF16 and the TLF16/25, the main firefighting vehicles. If you select the firefighter dressed in red you should find a three way jack in his menu. If you click that and click somewhere close enough to the vehicles a firefighter will place a jack that you can connect on to manually. However, if you press and hold the left 'Shift' key while looking at previous said menu you'll get three or four new icons. These work basicly the same but when the jack has been placed other firefighter automatically connect up.

I'll edit this post when I have a bit more information and some screenshots.

*Edit: And ofcourse you find the solution while I'm typing my fingers off... :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I noticed a bug, If you Spawn a hazmat truck in a parked location, clean it up and tow it off, after a short time it will spawn a GLITCHED tanker. It smokes Green toxins, has a leak, BUT it has no toxic properties. It just makes a bunch of Green smoke.. Like a giant smoke bomb. If you tow it off the smoke disappears but you still need to have someone pick it up every few minutes..

Hey,

Tutorial Police:

Iqock0mKr7fn8bf.jpg

A1: alerts the nearest free police cruiser (only the small ones with two police men inside, marked or unmarked)

You may alert as many as you want, if none are available on the map they will arrive from off the map.

A2: alerts the police van parked at the station. Alert as many as you want, additional arrive from off map.

A3: alerts the "Kripo" a.k.a. the Detectives. They are sometime needed if you have to investigate a corpse, can also be housed for hostage situation. The Kripo car is parked behind the station and contains 4 police men.

A4: alerts SEK (similar to SWAT). A SEK car and a SEK van will arrive. In the car are 4 guys, one leader and three which can be used to scout a building, negotiate or stuff. In the van are armored police units, which can equip flash bangs. One type (not sure if those from the car or the van) can be equipped with sniper gear. There are no MPs, Shotguns or else in this mod, only weapons are pistol or sniper! SEK comes from off the map.

A5: Demonstration alert. Sends you a cruiser with a police leader, 4 or 5 police vans, each containing 6 riot police guys, and 3-4 watercannons. Should help you at almost every big police situation. All those come from off the map. Can be alerted multiple times (not sure about this)

B1: sends you one water cannon from off the map.

B2: Sends a police helicopter from off the map. Fast and useful for "amok driver" mission.

B3: sends a technician from the Siemens company. Can fix broken traffic lights and electric boxes. Comes from off the map.

B4: Calls for city water works. Only useful for broken hydrant, comes from off the map.

B5: Calls the "Deutsche Bahn Notfallmanager". Needed for any situations involving trains. Can fix broken railway crossings.

Absolutely neccessary for the special mission derailed train. Has the ability to have power connections cut from the tracks. (Select the command, click on the derailed train, wait about 10 seconds). Comes from off the map.

C1: Call for Bombsquad. Two guys two disarm explosive devices, only one needed. Come from off the map.

C2: Call a tow truck. May be call multiple times, comes from off the map.

Tutorial Fire Department:

6ZMJ77YKLSugJ2L.jpg

A1 to A5, B1 to B5, C1 + C2:

All those are the different available volunteer fire departments in and around Winterberg. Try and call them, they almost all have different vehicles and equipment. B1 to B3 have no onboard pump, so you can not just set up a hose setup with them, you need to place a pump first, or, easier, set the 3-way-jack and the hoses up near any other fire truck with an onboard pump.

C3 will send you a ladder truck, first the DLK Winterberg (stationed on the map), if not available the DLK Olsberg from off the map.

C4 will send you big tank truck with a monitor on top, at first the Water Cannon Niedersfeld will arrive, on second alarm the GTLF Bad Berleburg.

C5 sends you the GW-Atemschutz from the Winterberg FD. It contains many SCUBA gears and HAZMAT suits, as those are fairly limited on the other cars. Often used for hazmat incidents or fires with many victims inside an open house. From 6.0, this vehicle can no longer decontaminate people!

D1 is the Support + Logistics Truck of FD Winterberg. Has many hoses aboard, as well as several tools and is often alarmed for the small problems, like resetting an fire alarm and stuff.

D2 calls the crane from THW Meschede, comes from off the map.

D3 and D4 are the really interesting buttons!

D3 toggles what kind of alarm is triggered. Standard is "Local", which means that some/all engines of the selected fire department will be send, but not more.

Next is the setting for firefighting issues, which makes sure you also get a ladder truck to the scene.

I'm not sure about the order, but you also have a setting for HAZMAT incidents (sends you the Decontamination vehicle from off the map!), for single unit alert (sends only a single engine) and for alert for technical support (sends you a car with jaws of life, etc.)

D4 sets the range of the alarm, standard is alarm by FME (small paging devices), or you may switch to siren alert which alarms generally more units. Just test it :)

I figured out 3 way jacks, I can't have any hoses connected to a truck and they automatically set it up. yada yada.

I still need info on getting the Jaws of life for Car Accidents, Defective railroad crossings and more.. but I don't remember it.

The hose connection system is easy to use.

When an engine is arriving on scene, let the crew disembark. Game should automatically select the group commander (guy with red jacket).

Press and hold left shift (!), this shows you 4 almost similiar commands.

First sets up a 3-way-jack and one C-hose, seconds sets up 2 C-hoses, third sets up 3 C-hoses, fourth sets up 2 C-hoses and 1 B-hose.

B-hoses have double the power of a standard (C-)hose, but are rare on the trucks.

Makes deployment very fast easy, even if the fire is somewhat away from the engine.

There is a special command to rescue people which are stuck in cars, should be fifth or sixth in the command menu of the (red) group commander. One guy sets up a lamp, one connects a hose for fire suppression, third guy gets the jaws of life and starts to cut victims out of their cars. However, not any truck has jaws of life aboard. For example, at Winterberg base, the LF Winterberg and the RW Winterberg carry them, the others don't (not sure about this).

Defective Railroad crossings can be solved by the German Railways Emergency Manager, can be called by using button B5 from the police menu.

Hope this helps...

Guest __Uknow__

Can someone explain me how to get that staus screen to work?

I see it on my second screen but if I click it my screen goes minimized and afetr some times the game crashes :s

Hey,

you are talking about the FMS Tool by lennox?

Really easy - when you start, it should locate the logfile.txt itself, otherwise it will ask your for the correct path.

I assume you use it on the same PC with two screens connected?

Just move it to the secondary screen (as Emergency will always use the primary screen).

If you use Vista, you need to run Emergency as Administrator once to create the the logfile.txt

Start FMS Tool, then start Emergency 4, load up Winterberg Mod and play.

You don't need to click something on the secondary screen as FMS Tool is designed just to show you the status, not to change them.

Does it work now? If not, try to empty the logfile.txt manually, just open it in notepad, delete all and save.

Should work afterwards.

Remember to start FMS Tool first, then Emergency :)

Watch this topic for the HOW to: Tangling with Blizzards.

B5: Calls the "Deutsche Bahn Notfallmanager". Needed for any situations involving trains. Can fix broken railway crossings.

Uh, how come when I used him he touched the crossing, ran off, got back in his car, and drove off. It was never fixed..

Uh, how come when I used him he touched the crossing, ran off, got back in his car, and drove off. It was never fixed..

Yeah, that was a bug in 6.0, but it should be fixed in 6.01 :)

Guest Jack25

i installed the FMS tool on my pc, and i can play with it in a monitor too...while I play i press ctrl-alt-canc, the play goes down and appears the fms console xD

i cant understand how to download 6.01 its a whole diffrent languege

is there like anyone can send me the file

http://wb.jooz.biz/patch601.rar

This is the direct download link.

Just unzip it into your "Emergency 4\mods\WEM60\"-directory and overwrite all files with those from the RAR.

@Atomic Monkey: The link above is the only download link available, and it doesn't need either login nor membership or anything else...

@Jack25: Sure you can do so, it was just not intended to switch from Game to FMS Tool, but if you like... ;)

Guest __Uknow__
i installed the FMS tool on my pc, and i can play with it in a monitor too...while I play i press ctrl-alt-canc, the play goes down and appears the fms console xD

Do you have a second monitor atached?

If you have vista run it as an administrator + Disable all visual themes + Disbable desktop composition and run it under windows xp service pack 2

If the monitor does not change set your log to allow everyone full acces.

That's right, and the idea of FMS tool is to get a quick overview over units available and on duty - switiching to the tool and back to Emergency is not really a "quick overview".

But without a second monitor or a second PC, what should ya do? =)

i cant understand how to download 6.01 its a whole diffrent languege

is there like anyone can send me the file

check out this thread on the winterberg forum, it's in English. It tells you how to download v6.0, uypgrade to 6.01 and add the english language files.

greetz,

A Few bugs I noticed,

*You can't hold up a fire station, no sorry.. no cash there

*False / Defective Fire alarms going off

*Paramedical units sometimes don't go into the ambos and just walk to the hospital

*No Reset for the Mod engineer if he gets injured.. (Please see first bug)

I just installed Winterberg V6.01 and the language pack but now I get all kinds of strange texts like ID_Freeplay etc.

Any body got any ideas on how to see the normal texts?

I already reinstalled the mod and the language pack a few times but the text won't improve...

thanx in advance,

[EDIT] nvm, found the solution on the winterberg forum (it was in German so took me some time to figure it out... If you install the language files they end up in a folder called en. You need to cut them from that folder, paste them in the original en folder and delete the en folder where the language files were in. Else the computer looks for the translation in the wrong folder and (off course) can't find them. [/EDIT]