Kajanpb

Winterberg Mod

Guest Dacop

From the Winterberg Forum

you have to call the "Rüstzug". In the menu of the "Einsatzleiter" you can choose the option "Landeplatz für Intensivverlegung festleg". If you make a click of there and then a click of a free place, there will be a flashing symbol. in 3 of the flashing corners you put transportable lights (lichtmasten), in the 4. corner put you a Firefighter with a "schnellangriff". Then you got to the "Rettungsdienst"-menu and klick to "Sekundärverlegung" . A blue big helicopter will landing

landeplatzsicherung.JPG

Load http://newstime.emergency-4.com/newstime_ausgabe33.rar

Open the RAR, open the PDF inside. Go to Page 11. There are several download mirrors listed.

Doesn't matter which one you choose.

Download + install as usual.

Then download this one:

http://forum.winterberg-mod.com/thread.php?threadid=3466

It's Patch 6.01.

Unrar its content to Emergency 4\mods\WEM60.

English translation can be found here:

http://forum.winterberg-mod.com/thread.php?threadid=3477

English support forum is located here:

http://forum.winterberg-mod.com/board.php?boardid=89

It's a known problem. Basically, the trucks should only start when all men are inside.

As their are volunteers, it takes some time for them to run to the house, change to their gear and get in the car.

On slow PCs they are moving slower, but the car starts, if it's full, or if the alarm siren has finished playing, whatever comes first.

On a slow PC the sound may finish before all men are aboard, the car starts... thats the problem...

But Winterberg Team is working on it ;)

Open the RAR, open the PDF inside. Go to Page 11. There are several download mirrors listed.

Then download this one:

It's Patch 6.01.

Thank you a lot.

Easy - wait. Winterberg takes several minutes to load, during which one can think it crashed. Windows sometimes also tells that Emergency is not responding.

Just wait. In hardcore cases it takes up to 10-15 minutes :)

It's a known problem. Basically, the trucks should only start when all men are inside.

As their are volunteers, it takes some time for them to run to the house, change to their gear and get in the car.

On slow PCs they are moving slower, but the car starts, if it's full, or if the alarm siren has finished playing, whatever comes first.

On a slow PC the sound may finish before all men are aboard, the car starts... thats the problem...

But Winterberg Team is working on it ;)

I though that was a plan feature. With volunteer department in the states at least they wait for certain number of crew then leave. The min number various between vechiles and the responce type. That way at least something get on site and know if they need to call additional resource.

It was really suggested to add such a feature.

The problem is, almost all fire units in the game are volunteers. Besides from how difficult it is never to know how many people arrive on scene, it's simply, that if, for example, a volunteer unit is the first one to be alarmed, you have a "Zugführer" and a "Gruppenführer", so two people are not available as they are commanding units. The third one is the machine operator, the fourth is the one who deploys the "switch" to connect the hoses to... so 4 people are in use without having one hose connected at scene. Would be very difficult to manage ;)

Hahaha, congrats, you discovered the SEG, the Schnelleinsatzgruppe - they're the medical special task force, so to say.

You may alert them in cases of many wounded (often used with 5+ victims).

The big truck contains the tent, let the guys build it up somewhere with some free space around it, and make sure all civilian cars are redirected so they don't jam the street.

Then get the doctors and paramedics out of the cars.

The LNA (Leitender Notarzt, like the chief doctor on scene) is in the car which is in the upper left corner of your screen.

He has a function called "Triagieren" - button is some kind of flag with three colours.

Use it on the first wounded. The LNA will go there and start to check all victims for their conditions (this may take some time, don't stop the LNA, even if it looks like he is doing nothing, thats normal at the beginning).

When he has checked the first victim, he will call one of the doctors or two paramedics, depends on the condition of the victim.

After time, the victims should be transported to the tent, ready for transport. Just alert an ambulance right on the tent, it will then go there, pick up a patient and bring it to the hospital.

SEG is one of the most difficult to handle units in the mod, so it takes some time to learn :)

Guest Dacop
how the hell do i do ANYTHING in this mod? i got the english translation but nothing is translated.

Did you modify metastrings.xml as you're instructed to? You should have replaced the "lang\de" with "lang\en".

And as for your screenshot, you need to put a doctor (notartzt) in the ambulance aswell. The SEG guys won't leave their group so you'll need to get one of the regular emergency doctors out.

Did you modify metastrings.xml as you're instructed to? You should have replaced the "lang\de" with "lang\en".

You may also rename the de-directory to de2 or something, rename en to de and everything should work well :)

Ok, I also downloaded this mod and am LEARNING what to do, I'm a bit angry that Ami found Mass Cau before me because I accidentally spawned a gang war and said, what the hell and gave it a shot.. I got most out except 4 because my ambos couldn't refresh in time and at some point someone called a helicopter and I accidentally sent it back... (whoops..) I hate people dieing on my watch, I hate it.. Love the idea that you need to call out an investigate before removing the body, like a mini CSI episode but with a lot less punch lines at the start, followed by some guy screaming "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Ha Ha Ha.

anyway, I want to make a guide for English users, With picture and text, So far I've got down medical transporting, Medical Calls, and I think leaking tankers? (I don't know, It was leaking for quite a while and when hazmat got there and started it.. exploded?)

I have A LOT of questions, Writing, Picture taking to do.. so I'll keep them in here.

Update

I Started the guide, It will look something like this

Medical Call

Team Required - One Ambo (Hit the Number 2 on your control menu [Thanks DaCop!])

mediccallkd5.jpg

Red - Closest Unit if available

Green - Your Secondary, will be called from off the map. Response time is normally delayed by a minute due to distance

The most basic of all calls, quick and simple for beginners, Ambos will arrive with two guys, one man will automatically go to the back and get a medical aid box. Once he has collected his box have him go to the victim, He will deterim if a senior doctor is required, If he dose he will automatically be called out so no clicking is required. Keep the Basic medic on him until the doctor arrives the doctor will automatically arrive on scene, grab his gear and head towards the victim, once treatment is completed have you second ambo crewman selected and have him use the "Pick up Victim" command, him and the basic medic will run back to the ambo to get a stretcher and return to pick him up, they will bring him back, If the Senior doctor was needed, he will also get in the ambo. His car will be driven back by the basic medic that came with him. If all are in the ambo it should automatically return to the nearest hospital or center.

Leaking or unstable chemical or substance tanker or truck

Team Required - Hazard Materials Team [button ONE on your control menu] | Tow Truck [button THREE on your control menu]

*Picture soon*

Ok, This is one of the MANY custom events or disasters that this mod holds. This is a simple one if you don't just go up to the truck and start wacking it with a hammer.. Call out Hazmat to the scene first and before you disembark your crew use the "Call out dangerous Goods label command" the large Orange Signs are numbers of all the dangers of what is in the truck. An English Direction of what is inside the truck should appear.

truck001zi1.jpg

Simple, Have one Fire fighter put on a hazmat suit and another put on a Scuba Suit, they should be able to approach the truck safely, Have the Scuba fire fighter start to cool down the truck for 10 seconds. Now have the hazmat fighter use the "Repair leak , Insoliate Leak" command, it's in the "Get Equipment" menu. he will get a case and head towards the leak, by now you should have your Scuba Fire fighter away from the truck. It should take 60 seconds or longer for the leak to be fixed. While this is happening call your tow truck and place it at a safe distance. Once the leak is fixed and is declared SAFE, have your tow truck carry it away.

truck002ir5.jpg

If the truck isn't on fire, shows no sign of leaking or damage, it's safe to tow away.. if it on fire, it's going to blow make sure all personal or people are away from the truck.

truck003ox3.jpg

Another simple one, If it's a truck like this, your going to need a fire squad with Scuba, Have at least three hoses on the truck to stop the gas from spreading. Now have a Hazmat suit Equpied Fighter Repair the leak with the "Repair leak or Insoliate leak" Command in the "Get Equipment" Menu. Once Declared Safe and repaired have a tow truck tow it away.

PROTIP

If you EVER see a truck with giant orange signs, it's a threat to any Situation and should be taken away, or handled quickly.

Chemical Train in Distress

Teams Needed - Railroad Emergency Director / Fire Team / Tow trucks / Crane / Cops (Traffic control)

First off, if you got one of theses. Congratulations, Your looking at a small scale train disaster and these are allways fun to mop up.

Before sending in the fire department call the Railroad Emergency Director and have him get out of his car near the train wreck and select the Engine of the train, He will get on his radio and call to have the track's overhead cables power to be switched off. ANYONE WHO ENTERS THE TRAIN AREA WITHOUT CUTTING THE POWER FIRST WILL BE SHOCKED.. Once your fire team has arrived select your squad leader and select the "Ground Overhead Cable" Option, and select the train, your Fireman will grab a Grounder and head towards the train. Now that the power is safely Off and grounded set up hoses, Three way jacks or standard hoses will do, if your fast enough you can catch all the cars still burning instead of exploding... Once all the cars and engine's fire are put out. You now have to get the train off the tracks.. Call in your Crane and Have him start pulling cars off the tracks at a safe location where they can be loaded onto flatbed tow trucks (Isn't there ANYTHING THESE THINGS CAN'T TOW? So Small too..) Once the Cars and Engine are off the Rails and Towed away. you can remove the grounder firefighters from the lines. Another job well done..

Guest Dacop
Click the Second Desk, inside the starting firehouse. The one next to the engineer sitting at his..)

You don't need to click the desks, pressing 1 - 5 will get you access to those menus.

1. Fire Departement

2. Medical

3. Police and Technical (waterworks, bomb squad, tow trucks and such)

4. Status of all automatic fire alarms

5. Options including disaster alarms

There's also a bunch of features that you activate by using Alt, Ctrl and Shift, both right and left.

Guest Angelstorm

Atomic if you need any help here, I`m happy to offer my services! Ive been playing this mod for some time and ive helped in some area`s too.

We have been discussing commands in english on the Winterberg mains forum site and helping each other solve the problems of "Translation" issues with the game. I have a windows works file (on my pc) with some english commands especially from the fire captain and commander commands ..

That's a great idea, let me help with some additions :)

TpUKUVp0qOHUdRt.JPG

As said before, those is the medical menu. EMS for all those Americans, RD (short for Rettungsdienst) in German.

The cars A1 to A5 and B1 to B4 are so called RTWs, Rescue Transport Cars so to say.

Use them for any medical emergency. A1 (RTW Winterberg) is stationed on the map, the Others are alerted from off the map. Especially A3 (RTW Olsberg, I guess) is really quick for the northern part of the map.

B5 is the KTW Winterberg, also stationed on the map, but can only be used on minor injuries, like Person fallen or for treating victims after a firefight. Those medics will tell you if they cannot handle that emergency (A text like this will appear: NACA IV, RTW needed).

C1 to C4 are the NEF, or doctor cars. They are need for all more difficult medic problems. RTW crews will alarm an NEF automatically, if needed.

D1 and D2 are the two RTH, the rescue helicopters. On bad weather and during the night they may not be available. D1 arrives faster on the map than D2.

D5 is the Traumateam, if you have any wounded in or around the hospital (as its an open house), alarm them. A doctor and two medics will appear and treat the victim. Use the "Traumateam auflösen" command (don't know in english) of the doctor on the victim ,they will then transport it away.

C5: The SEG, I have already explained it some posts above this. It can be called multiple times.

D4: Call the ITH - rescue helicopter that can fly on any conditions, like night or heavy rain. To use it, you need to define a landing spot with a fire captain, secure it with three lights and a hose, then you can call the ITH from this rescue menu.

D3 is special. It's no alarm for car, but for the kind of alert.

When you just click an unit from the menu, it will be regularly alarmed.

Click D3 once, you are in "Change alert" mode. This means, any cars that are already alarmed, but have not yet arrived at scene, can be alarmed to somewhere else.

Click D3 again, you are in "Stop alarm" mode. Any alarmed cars can be called back to base, similar to the P-command of any unit.

Click D3 again, you are back to standard alarm mode.

The numbers on the units, which are shown when they are not at base, are the German status codes.

1 - free to alarm, but not at base (usually when on the way back to base)

2 - standard (won't show in menu). Means unit is free and at the base

3 - assignment taken. Unit has been alarmed and is on its way to the scene.

4 - arrived on scene

5 - talk on radio (RTWs use this when they call a doctor)

6 - not available (for example if on the way to the garage for repairs)

7 - transporting patient

8 - arrived at hospital

9 - on the way to hospital outside the map

0 - emergency (call for police support)

You won't see all those numbers in the menu, you will mainly see 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 or 9.

If you are really interested in the status of all of your units, you may want to use the FMS-Special for Winterberg, programmed by Lennox.

You can download it here:

http://forum.winterberg-mod.com/thread.php?threadid=1621

(at the bottom of the second post)

You need a second computer or a second monitor to use this tool properly.

Just install, start it, point the path to "logfile.txt" in your Emergency/First Responders-directory.

It will then show you all fire alerts and the status of all units live ;)

I just need a basic explanation of how to use the fire teams MANY functions

* 3 way jack - Found VERY USEFUL with industrial fires, I did it once and I can\'t seem to do it again.

* Rescue using Jaws of life

* Missions in General, such as \"Robbery?\" It was in German and I didn\'t get it.

Menu Pictures:

firetempletni6.jpg

policetechtempletsy8.jpg

medicaltempletzc8.jpg

Help!

Due to a Driver failure in my computer, I had to UNINSTALL the mod >_< I don\'t have the 6.01 patch anymore, Can someone post a link please? I have the English Definitions and Main 6.0

Then download this one:

It's Patch 6.01.

I will try to explain the most functions tomorrow here.

Would be useful if you could post the menus of the units which we are talking about, like the fire captain (guy with red jacket) and fire chief (guy with yellow jacket)

I will do it tomorrow if I find the time then ;)