Kajanpb

Winterberg Mod

Sorry if someone has already asked this (I searched butnothing came up). How do you only send one fire engine to a shout? Rather than the full house turn out.

Hold your right Shift key on the keyboard and select the location. (As far as I can remember it's the right shift key :) )

I've got that to work but after a while (or after I do something that I'm not aware that I'm doing) the firefighters on the 3 hoses just stand there. I've tried getting everyone back on the truck and start to set it up again but once they've stopped, for the life of me, I can't get them to extinguish again, they just stand their with the hose.

Well then I see two things that could be wrong:

1. He's too far from the fire, you have to move him closer

2. You have several engines connected to the same hydrant, either directly or via an engine. The hydrant can only supply a certain amount of water. For major incidents you need more then one hydrant for supply,

Is it watertank trucks ingame? I mean, if no hydrant is available.

Well yeah, the ones named TLF or GTLF are tankers. The GTLF is much larger than the TLF. Still, the tanks don't last long. Normally there's a hydrant not too far away, that you can connect a TLF to, then connect another engine to the TLF. This is the way you have to do it in forest fires for example.

How do I deal with the accident involving the leaking gas? I read somewere to have a hose cool the leaking truck and get a firefighter in a hazmat suit to turn off the leak. When I try this the health goes down on my firefighter with the hose as soon as he is close enough to cool it. And the stop leak command is crossed out so I can't order a hazmat firefighter to stop it.

Thanks.

Been a while since I had one of these...let's see if I can remember. The firefighter manning the hose needs a hazmat suit as well. Alternatively, just use the water cannon on top of the HLF Winterberg, or the GTLF Bad Berleburg.

To seal the leak, I think you need to pick up some gear, and I think that gear is located in the GW-Mess. You can get an explanation on how to solve different hazmat incidents by clicking on the dangerous goods plate/sign (I can't remember if you find it in the vehicle, incident commander or vehicle commander menus, it's an orange plate/sign with black letters), and then clicking on the vehicle involved.

Been a while since I had one of these...let's see if I can remember. The firefighter manning the hose needs a hazmat suit as well. Alternatively, just use the water cannon on top of the HLF Winterberg, or the GTLF Bad Berleburg.

To seal the leak, I think you need to pick up some gear, and I think that gear is located in the GW-Mess. You can get an explanation on how to solve different hazmat incidents by clicking on the dangerous goods plate/sign (I can't remember if you find it in the vehicle, incident commander or vehicle commander menus, it's an orange plate/sign with black letters), and then clicking on the vehicle involved.

Thanks for you help :) Unfortunately I just used the updater to update my game and for some reason the game now runs extremely slowly and lags really badly. I don't think it’s my computer as It used to run fine and I have a ATI 5750 512MB card, 4GB of RAM and a 3ghz duel core processor. But it is so bad it is now unplayable :(

Ah yes, that's the new feature: vehicles now leaves tracks in the snow. And that makes the game lag. You can turn it off with the Winterberg Configurator. If you don't have it installed, you can find the installer for it in the Winterberg Mod file, in the 911:FR/EM4 file. It has to be 7.61 version of the Wib Configurator.

To turn them off, start up the Wib Confi, and select on of the tabs on top. I think it might be the "Map" tab, but I'm not sure. Look for an option called "schneespur" or something along those lines, and then "deaktiver", or something like that, pretty self-explanatory. You can leave the Snow option on, that doesn't affect performance very much. Not more than normal weather effects. It might still lag a little in the begging, since there's a lot of people spawning in the Christmas market at the town center, but that'll get better.

Hope that fixes it for you, did it for me.

Ah yes, that's the new feature: vehicles now leaves tracks in the snow. And that makes the game lag. You can turn it off with the Winterberg Configurator. If you don't have it installed, you can find the installer for it in the Winterberg Mod file, in the 911:FR/EM4 file. It has to be 7.61 version of the Wib Configurator.

To turn them off, start up the Wib Confi, and select on of the tabs on top. I think it might be the "Map" tab, but I'm not sure. Look for an option called "schneespur" or something along those lines, and then "deaktiver", or something like that, pretty self-explanatory. You can leave the Snow option on, that doesn't affect performance very much. Not more than normal weather effects. It might still lag a little in the begging, since there's a lot of people spawning in the Christmas market at the town center, but that'll get better.

Hope that fixes it for you, did it for me.

Thanks agin, I have done as you said but cant find the right place in the Wib Confi to turn it off? I have 7.61 but there is no 'map' section on the words "schneespur" or "deaktiver", here is a screen shot.

post-11715-0-53978300-1292880710.jpg

so is there an english version of this mod? i can't seem to find it anywhere.

In the configurator click on the english flag. Look in the picture above and youl se it. You may fin the configurator in the Wib mod folder or on their site. Remember run as admin and always get the newest version with the uppdater!!!

Hello

This mod is reallyyyyy complete! It's so complete, that at first time with the mod i get lost with the commands.

I searched in the forum off the game but i didn't found the Manual of the mod. This mod will get much easier for all when we have the manual.

I will try to translate this mod to portuguese.

Regards

In the configurator click on the english flag. Look in the picture above and youl se it. You may fin the configurator in the Wib mod folder or on their site. Remember run as admin and always get the newest version with the uppdater!!!

It's not available on their site anymore, since it's included in the download ;)

Hello

This mod is reallyyyyy complete! It's so complete, that at first time with the mod i get lost with the commands.

I searched in the forum off the game but i didn't found the Manual of the mod. This mod will get much easier for all when we have the manual.

I will try to translate this mod to portuguese.

Regards

Yeah, there are a lot of functions to get your head around. If you can do a translation to your language that would be great. And we're here to answer any questions you or others might have. We were making a german/english manual a while back, but it fell through for various reasons.

How does the configurator work with the mod, I still don't get how to use it.

If you look a couple of posts up, dtmdragon has posted a screenshot of it. You find the install file in the mod folder. For example: c:/program files/sixteen tonnes entertainment/mods/Winterberg Update.

After you've installed it, remember to run it as administrator if you're using Win Vista or 7. In the configurator you can select language (just click on one of the flags), you can disable and enable different events, edit various graphics etc etc. After it's installed, you normally find a shortcut to it in the start menu.

It's not available on their site anymore, since it's included in the download ;)

Yeah, there are a lot of functions to get your head around. If you can do a translation to your language that would be great. And we're here to answer any questions you or others might have. We were making a german/english manual a while back, but it fell through for various reasons.

When you have the the manual in english please tell me and i will translate it to portuguese to.

The translation of files is going well, 30%/35% is done for now :)

I have some question, but i PM you.

Regards