Kajanpb

Winterberg Mod

If I remember correctly, you simply can't. :)

The TLF can not be used with hoses.

Or - maybe - there is a command button for changing from cannon to hoses, but I think that was only in LA Mod :)

Actually, in the winterberg mod, you can attach hoses to the TLFs with the cannon still able to work.

Which command, because I tried it but it don't work

EDIT:

Follow the pictures through

Em42008-05-3111-49-10-26.jpg

First of all command your water tender to extinguish a fire (does not need to be done if you want hoses attached)

Em42008-05-3111-49-27-14.jpg

Click the command button that you see my mouse hovering over

Then you should see two fireman get out (picture below)(Firemen can be inside or outside the vehicle for this to work), one attaches the hose to the engine, and one goes round the back of the engine to "command the pump." {Ignore the cursor with the picture of the hose}.

Em42008-05-3111-50-57-89.jpg

There was a way of adding more than one connection but I cannot remeber how I did it, if I remember I will post it here.

Guest xpac

Ah damn, yo're right, I just forgot :)

What you show in the pictures is called "Schnellangriff", something like fast attack hose.

It's a hose always connected to the car.

Get all firemen out of the car, select the one with the partially red jacket (it should be selected automatically).

Use the command "Gruppe zum Löscheinsatz". On the last picture, it's the second command in the second line, the one with the hose icon. Click left on the car.

The men start to equip themselves with hoses and PA (breathing apparatus, I forgot the english term :))

When they have finished equipping, select the icon right next to the one before, and leftclick somewhere near the car. The first guy sets up a connector, and up to three firemen (depending how much are available for that car) connect their hoses to that connector.

The connector has to be set near a car with a pump, but not all cars have a pump equipped. Then you'll get an error message and need to set the connector somewhere else near a car with a pump :)

ok, with encouragement from james, i got winterberg but it cuases lots of problems.

1.) freeplay minimap freezes

2.) are all the police cars supposed to go to the fire station?

3.) unmarked pd car gets stuck before the bridge and cant move at all

4.) how do you even get it to work (dispatch)? im fluent in german and still cant get it too work, then again, ive only played winterberg once

For dispatch, press the keys from 1 to 5 in game.

1 is for FD dispatch, 2 is for EMS dispatch, 3 is for PD dispatch.

4 shows the status of all BMA (Brandmeldeanlage = Fire detection systems) on the map

5 is somewhat of an "engineer button".

You can trigger some special things and change special settings, but unless you really know what you're doing, you should not use it, as it can lead to problems like mentioned above, e.g. the freezing minimap or just EM4 crashing.

Take a look at the FAQ Center here:

http://faq.winterberg-mod.com/index.php?action=show

Also it is still most German only, it may help you, or just ask at the Winterberg forums:

http://forum.winterberg-mod.com/portal.php

Hope to have helped you :)

ok, with encouragement from james, i got winterberg but it cuases lots of problems.

When you respond to an incident police are automaticly send with the FD (it's scripted that way). If you send the FD away wrong or if you cancel some trucks the police vehicles will go to the fire station.

Well, normally, police units never go to the fire station, only on their usual patrol route, but they are not parking there.

I've never experienced that problem before nor read about someone else having it.

Winterberg is so heavily scripted that sometimes events occur, and if you do it again the same way, it works fine... try again ;)

Yes because it is on their patrol route, they also go to the hospital on patrol.

If you have a police officer in the back of an ambulance, the police car will go to the hospital and wait for the police officer to return.

played it again yesterday, less confusing, got some stufff done, but i still had the minimap freeze. it wasnt as bad as the first time; the 1st, the map froze completely, this time, it just wouldnt let me use it to move which is very annoying and bad, but still showed vehicle movement.

what i dont like is that u have to send two cars to a medical call. :(

what i dont like is that u have to send two cars to a medical call. :(

That the way the EMS system works in Germany.

They just starting to get Paramedics like we have in the states. Normal the EMT ride in the ambulance and the doctor rides in special car with a driver.

This way if it minor injury not needing the doctor he is available for a more urgent call.

The US system use paramedics that call to a hospital and the doctor treats by remote. In germany the emergency doctor goes and treats victim.

In heiligenhaus where my parent company is based the EMT are part of the fire station.

I got about 8 pictures here with the Germany Ambulance. It the last 8. http://picasaweb.google.com/rolesnevich/He...manyFirestation

More info on German EMS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_med...ices_in_Germany

Yeah, the most ambulances are stationed with the fire department. The doctor is at the hospital, at work, and if needed, a car from the fire station goes to the hospital and fetches him while the ambulance is already on the way to the scene, making the responding time as short as possible :)

You dont need to respond two units to every call. People shot by your police officers, people who only fell, people injured by gas or toxics or stuff who are only slightly "damaged" may be transported in one of the RTWs (ambulance) or even by the KTW (ambulance waggon used for transports and low level emergencies) :)

Normal unless it heart attack, strock or car accident I dispatch just the RTW. Once the RTW gets on site if they need a doctor they let you know and even call one automatically.

Alternative is to call in the helicopter as the contains a doctor .One question from me, does the winterberg mod have an ITW (mass casualty unit/medical bus) on the freeplay map because I can't find it. I can find the british red cross and its tent but that isn't always very useful because you have to send ambulance to transport people from the tent to the hospital.

There a Special doctor. Not remember what his name is. LEK or something like that. He can triage the patients. The red cross people take them to a tent. Then just dispatch a ambulance to transport them to the hospital.

The ambulance will have to make several trips or you have to call several ambulance. What I normal do is Dispatch the head doctor and red cross is I send one of the ambulance from further away. leaving the winterberg ambulance to respond to additional calls.

There a Special doctor. Not remember what his name is. LEK or something like that. He can triage the patients. The red cross people take them to a tent. Then just dispatch a ambulance to transport them to the hospital.

The ambulance will have to make several trips or you have to call several ambulance. What I normal do is Dispatch the head doctor and red cross is I send one of the ambulance from further away. leaving the winterberg ambulance to respond to additional calls.

Great thanks :gut: