Kajanpb

Winterberg Mod

you have to send an unit there, the fog is there for realism cause in real life you don't now how many victims or units you will need for the accident.

lol, cheers.

EDIT: It's not working. The fog just covers the unit, so you can't see it.

EDIT 2 : It helped, reinstalling Winterberg.

Hm so I got the updater and installed the files first before running the updater, but no matter what I do, it doesn't connect to the server or mirrors, as it so blatantly states it.

First thing to check is that Windows isn't blocking it. Try running it as administrator (if you're using Win7). Next check the windows firewall and allowed programs settings. If the Updater isn't on the allowed list, add it, obviously. Next check your anti-virus software. If it has a firewall, add the Updater to the allowed programs.

I just updated Winterberg today, so I know there are mirrors/servers available.

Since there weren't many Winterberg Mod tutorial videos with English text out there, I decided to make some. Part 1 is done, featuring fire fighting basics.

I'll make more when time allows me. Part 1 is more a test then anything else, but for those who have just discovered the Winterberg Mod, it might be useful.

My thread on the Winterberg forum

Comments and video requests here, over PM, in my thread on the Winterberg forum, or as a comment in the video.

Herr Kaizer.

There was a fire, the fog appears. I drove a cheif and 2 engines into the fog, but it didn't go away. Is that supposed to happen? I thought it was supposed to dissapear... :WTF:

It's supposed to disappear, yes, but it doesn't always do that :P If it doesn't, check if the chief/police/medic has disembarked from the vehicle. If he has, most unit leaders (like the Group Leader from the fire department, the guy in the red vest) has a "Scout Situation" command. Not sure if the police has that. The button has a silver or white question mark on it, and some picture behind that. It's crossed out by default, but you can use it if you down either right Ctrl or right Shift, can't remember which. Once you've pushed that button, just click somewhere inside the fog (not too far from the guy you're using, because he has to walk to where you click before the fog goes away) and Bob's your uncle.

When i try to install Winterberg updater it says at the end: Error on /Prototypes/Feuerwache/Wache_02.smu Data error Error on/Prototypes/Signs/Advert09.smu Data error Error on/Prototypes/eisdiele04.smu Data error. I've tryed to start over several times and this happens every time. Thank's in advance

Thanks. BTW, how do I beat the venetra polytrama (or something) missions? I called trauma and op teams, set up a landing point for, and called, an intensive care helicopter, but it never came. :gruebel:

That's strange. Was the landing site properly secured? To call a ITH (intensive care helicopter) the landing site must be illuminated by either 3 floodlights, or the lights on the "bucket" on the ladder truck (DLK), and there must be a guy with a fire hose close to the site (in case of crash). You can also use the RTHs for those missions I think, the normal helicopters. The ITH is mostly for night and bad weather operations.

When i try to install Winterberg updater it says at the end: Error on /Prototypes/Feuerwache/Wache_02.smu Data error Error on/Prototypes/Signs/Advert09.smu Data error Error on/Prototypes/eisdiele04.smu Data error. I've tryed to start over several times and this happens every time. Thank's in advance

Try pressing the "Enable Advanced Mode" button once, then click Next, and on the next page check off the "Ignore downloaded checksums" option, then go on as normal. Let me know what that does.

The next video in my Winterberg Mod English tutorial series is up! Part 2: How to call a ITH (intensive care helicopter) the easy way, using the DLK (ladder truck.)

Comments and/or video requests here over PM, in the comments field on YouTube, or in my thread on the official Winterberg Mod forum.

My thread on the Winterberg Forum

But I haven't winterberg mod and this installer for updating flowing version to last is useless.

Just google 'download winterberg mod'. I even thought we have e very early version in our download centre somewhere.

I get this error

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
at System.IO.StreamReader.get_EndOfStream()
at WinterbergUpdater.WebTools.GetRemoteChecksums(String Updatepath, version Branch, ListBox& LoadList) in C:\code\WinterbergUpdater\WinterbergUpdater\Workers\WebTools.cs:line 176
at WinterbergUpdater.UpdateClass.CheckUpdatesAvailable(String Updatepath, version Branch, Boolean GenerateNewChecksums, ListBox& LoadList, SortedDictionary`2& hashes) in C:\code\WinterbergUpdater\WinterbergUpdater\Update.cs:line 256
at WinterbergUpdater.Updater.UpdateCheck() in C:\code\WinterbergUpdater\WinterbergUpdater\Updater.cs:line 243
at WinterbergUpdater.Updater.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\code\WinterbergUpdater\WinterbergUpdater\Updater.cs:line 352
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WinterbergUpdater
Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hi/AppData/Local/Temp/RarSFX0/WinterbergUpdater.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Web.Services
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll
jyrw6syo
Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

i get it when trying to update

I finally played winterberg for the first time in awhile Installed the latest version and applied the fix for english, which was pretty much useless as the translation is horrible. I understand what Hoppah used to talk about in terms of LA Mod stability vs Winterberg mod stability. Every single time I play this game it just ends up getting a script error. It has some great features but that about it. The map texture is quite sloppy as well imo as one road in-particular just ends, and cars drive over the grass at the end of the road to get to the street just on the other side of the grass lot where the road ends.