Guest Joel

Demo not working

HP Compaq 6510b

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)

2040MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

As I said built-it graphics chipset does not support hardware effects... but I've found something interesting on Intel website. So they produced graphics chipset X3000 and higher... That's good. It has still shared memory, but it support effects like dedicated GPU. I'm suprized. :cool:

Joel. Important question! What chipset model do you have. Is it PM965 or GM965.

As I said built-it graphics chipset does not support hardware effects... but I've found something interesting on Intel website. So they produced graphics chipset X3000 and higher... That's good. It has still shared memory, but it support effects like dedicated GPU. I'm suprized. :cool:

Joel. Important question! What chipset model do you have. Is it PM965 or GM965.

I can't find that information on the computer, but according to the download center on HP's website it seems like I have GM965.

I can't find that information on the computer, but according to the download center on HP's website it seems like I have GM965.

According to info on the site you should have chance to run Em4. Right-click on My computer, then properties and go to hardware management and read graphics card model. Is it X3100?

According to info on the site you should have chance to run Em4. Right-click on My computer, then properties and go to hardware management and read graphics card model. Is it X3100?

Do you think you could explain a little more detailed? I don't understand what to do when I've gone to hardware management.

Do you think you could explain a little more detailed? I don't understand what to do when I've gone to hardware management.

I don't have english version of Windows :)

At hardware management (it should be called that way or similar) find graphics card. Expand it clicking on +. Then you will see your graphics card name.

The graphics card name is Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family, and that's all the information I get when following your instructions.

So probably you have PM965 version with normal built-in GPU, not this X3100. But to be shure run some test program like SiSoft Sandra or similar to get more precise data.

I have now downloaded and installed EVEREST, and I seem to have X3100.

Well... Try to find full technical specification about X3100 -> what it supports and what it does not. There is need to compare GPU specs with requirements from uploaded log file from Em4.

Well... Try to find full technical specification about X3100 -> what it supports and what it does not. There is need to compare GPU specs with requirements from uploaded log file from Em4.

I'm not sure what you mean? When I look at the specifications for the graphics card, what am I going to compare with?

I'm not sure what you mean? When I look at the specifications for the graphics card, what am I going to compare with?

You've pasted few post earlier log file with information about crash Em4.

Read in that ini file from

"|Extension GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic not available" (you can read here that game was searching for anitropic filter effect)

to the end of that file.

You've pasted few post earlier log file with information about crash Em4.

Read in that ini file from

"|Extension GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic not available" (you can read here that game was searching for anitropic filter effect)

to the end of that file.

Ok, I've checked it up and the card has anisotropic filtering.