MikesPhotos

Offering my assistance.

MikesPhoto, it's nice to meet you.

I have a question regarding LAFD Apparatus: I saw one of your LAFD Ariel pictures ( the new one) and i noticed they replaced their Emergency Light bar with LED Bar. ( sorry i don't know the brand name :P)

Are the LAFD currently replacing their lights or it's only factory made of the New, ordered Apparatus??

Hi there, I believe I've mentioned it before either in this thread or the main one, but the LAFD has decided that for their new 100' Tillered American LaFrance trucks, that they will go with Whelen LED lightbars. A few are popping up on some of the brush patrols as well, but that is about the only apparatus that will have the whelen lightbars.

Due to the size of the department and how long it takes for equipment to go from committee to bid to final delivery, there is always a mix of various lights and sirens and other equipment. Standardization is unfortunately, just not possible.

Hey Hoppah,

Since I have so much to say and new pics as well, I might as well not clutter up your topic but just stick to this one. I'm going to break this up into a couple of sections to hopefully keep it organized and readable as well.

# Models/Graphics

* First off, what an AMAZING job you've done with your models. Every little detail is captured brilliantly and I'm really in awe at your abilities as both a coder and modeler/artist. The engines, ambulances and everything look great. The new charger is slick, and who knows, maybe someday in the future we'll have a few of those here in LA. But as always, I would like to comment on a couple of things that are minor at best, and in no way detract from the mod you have created.

* Motorcycle Unit

o While steady burn red lights have already been discussed ad nauseum, I was remiss in not commenting on the most obvious thing. All motorcycles driven by Law Enforcement Officers in this state MUST have 2 steady burn always on blue lights in the rear. Here are a couple of example pics:

+ Port of Los Angeles PD

+ CHP

+ Los Alamitos

+ Westminster PD

+ Corona PD

+ Perris/RSO

o As you can see, it doesn't matter the county, or department. They all have it due to a few embarrassing occasions when CHP and air units would go in pursuit of a speeding motorcycle only to realize it was a cop when they got closer.

* LAPD Crown Vic - Slicktop

o I believe it was LAPDguy who said that the LAPD slicktops do not have rear arrow bars. I hate to seem like I am picking on him, and I, in no way, have that intent, but when someone says something on here I try my best to make sure the information is complete and accurate regardless of who says it. While he is correct that many slicktops have just the Blue and Amber rear deck lights, there are quite a few with arrow bars as well. Even more are coming out with LED arrow bars to replace the halogen ones with the latest budget. In fact, I just happened to grab some pics of an LAPD slicktop with its rear arrow bar on flash. I grabbed 11 shots of it as I walked around, but as I was in a hurry and only had a small pocket cam they're not the usual quality most shots on my website are. As you can see the lighting package is 1 steady burn red LED Fed Sig where the rear view mirror goes, 2 LEDs in the grille that flash red and blue, rear LED arrow bar with red and blue end lights, and a multi-pattern wig wag headlight flasher. One thing to note that I haven't mentioned before, no LAPD or LAFD apparatus has flashing tail lights or reverse lights. If you check out the pursuit videos and such on youtube you'll see, we're quite minimal that way. I'll have to pay more attention to CHP and LASD in the near future.

+ Walk around

+

+

* California National Guard

o In regards to the HMMWV, is it supposed to be missing the trunk lid and it still says US Army on it.

* LACoFD Squad and LAFD Brush Patrol

o I've noticed a weird gray dot that follows behind both models.

* LAFD Truck staffing

o In 1.4 the default truck staffing was 4 men, and it now seems to be 2. The typical staffing for a Light force is 5 on the truck, 1 on the pumper, though due to space and comfort, it usually ends up being 4 and 2.

* LASD Uniforms

o I can't believe I didn't notice this before since I use the LASD and Squad a lot, but the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department uniform is Khaki shirt and Olive pants. In the game, it looks like Khaki top, and tan/brown pants.

* LAFD Paramedics

o Great job, though I think the color needs to be a little bit darker shade of blue as you can see in this pic:

+ Shirt

o It's not quite the near black of LAPD, but it is a dark navy.

* LAFD Engines and Ambulances

o Amazing. They look amazing, and I can't phrase it any other way. One thing worth nothing is that the Engine do not carry any extrication gear. I don't know if I've mentioned that before, but only Trucks, USAR and LACoFD Heavy Squads carry them.

o To the person who said the chevrons are Un-American and that their department will never get them, I have to say that I am proud to say that while tradition is a very large part of the Fire Service, SAFETY and the well being of the firefighter and the general public comes first and foremost. It is the forward thinking, and progressive attitudes that have brought forth the latest changes to the NFPA rules after much debate. Having served on an equipment and apparatus bidding commitee and taken part in NFPA changes over the years, I can guarantee you that these changes were not taken lightly and that when your department purchases it's next apparatus, it will conform to the NFPA specifications. This is not a Los Angeles thing, this is not a California thing, this is a United States thing. Looking at your profile, it says you are from Iowa. I do not know what your position is with your department or if the age you put down is correct, but here is even an engine going to Iowa with the new stripes.

* USFS Apparatus and new mission

o Great job on the Type 3 engine and the utility truck. Haven't finished the mission as of yet, but still getting closer. Oh how i long for a crew bus and hand crews!

* Sound Files

o Dispatches

+ I have to commend the voice actors for really doing a great job and effort. My nitpicks here are minor at best and just regarding the wording. Every department all over the world has a different way of communicating. I've been lucky that in my years as a firefighter I have been able to fight them in Canada, Mexico, Australia, Philippines and Spain and communications on its own is one of the largest differences you find throughout.

# bat_ambulance.wav - To begin with, LAFD does not refer to their Dispatch as Central. The full term is

Operations Control Dispatch and is refered to on the radio by its acronym, OCD. Because LAFD runs both ALS (paramedic) and BLS (emt) ambulances, requesting an additional one would get you a big question mark! For the games purpose right now, since there are only ALS ambulances, it'd be best to just request an RA which is the acronym for Rescue Ambulance. Full text would be: OCD from Battalion 1. Send an additional RA to my location.

# Engine.wav - Perfect, except for comments above

# Medflight.wav - I can't quite make out what he says at the end of the transmission. It's either Medflight or Metroflight. Either way the Los Angeles City Fire Department refers to their helicopters as Air Ambulances. Their radio designators are Fire 1 through Fire 6 which is how they self identify, but when requested, the typical dispatch would be: OCD from Battalion 1, Send an Air Ambulance to my location.

# Tower.wav - Only thing I would change besides mentioned above might be to call it a Truck instead of a Tower. That's real nitpicky since it is a tower in the game.

# pd_air.wav - In regards to the PD, as mentioned in the voice actors thread and as you can hear in the audio comms I posted, LAPD units have a way of communicating that is different then most. They never address dispatch as anything. Not LA, Not OCD, not Central. Instead they just give their unit identifier and start talking. Another key difference is that, 1A1 would be pronounced one-ay-one. LAPD does not use the standard NATO Phonetic Alphabet, but instead they created their very own which has been adopted by the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials International (APCO). That is how you get the old fashioned 1-Adam-12 from yesteryear. Today, only a few specialized units refer to themselves phonetically, like Xray and George units, rarely ever the standard beat unit.Also the Los Angeles Police Department operates the largest municipal police air force in the US. With something around 15 helicopters and 1 plane, they dwarf some countries military air forces! Because of this, at any given time of the day, and most of the night, you can rest assured that multiple airships are over head. Their radio designators are based off of the division they are "assigned" to, but realistically, they fly all over the city as needed. Last night I had "Air 12" overhead in the west portion of the san fernado valley which is Air 17's area. For this dispatch, the proper phrasing would be "one-ay-one, have an airship respond to my location." And yes, It is a strange quirk of LA's to call them airships even though they are not blimps.

# PD_ambulance.wav - Besides the comment above, because Los Angeles has an integrated Fire and EMS program, we don't request EMS like you see in many eastern parts of this country. For this, the correct terminology might not be the best to use in game though. In real life the call would be: "1A1, Send Fire to my location for a ______" For the games sake, I'd go with something similar to LAFD's protocol in "1A1, Send an RA to my location"

# PD_backup.wav - Perfect structure, 1A1 or 1-adam-1 works, though as mentioned before, adam is a rare occurence.

+ The only other thing i'd mention regarding the dispatches is the beeps. I'm guessing the person who made these files is familiar with his own local radio system which has terminating beeps, but LA does not. Neither for LAPD or LAFD.

o Sirens

+ I'm probably going to be in the minority here and I'll probably ruffle a few feathers as well when I comment on this judging by other comments I've read. I cannot stress enough how amazing the original sirens were. They were nearly dead on accurate without a fault and it was one of the things I enjoyed MOST about 1.4 was how accurate they were. The ones in 1.5 on the other hand are not what you would hear in Los Angeles for police or fire. The priority siren tones are even illegal in this state as I, and others have mentioned previously. They're cool tones, and they probably reflect some other states departments perfectly, but they're absolutely wrong for LAPD, LAFD or any department in california. The wail is too high of a pitch and peaks to shortly, the Federal Q is perfect, but the electric airhorn and the priority are two things you'll never hear in LA. All LAFD apparatus except for the EMS cars have real air horns mounted on them, and I've honestly never heard an LAPD car use an electric airhorn. I spoke to an LASD deputy and an LAPD officer today and both of them looked at me weird and said they just flip between welp and yail, nothing else. Youtube is an amazing resource for this kind of information by looking at clips uploaded by news stringers. A personal favorite of mine that showcases LAPD's sirens well is

. For LAFD, you can hear an Engine and RA response one a video I just uploaded
. It's not the best of quality but I took it to highlight how the Timberwolf Mechanical Siren sounds on the RA. It's a bit different from the Q's found on the larger apparatus and a friend of mine was curious. As you can hear by these videos, the new sirens are wonderful for a mod in a state or dept that uses them, but not for LA.

Overall it's an amazing leap from 1.4 and I'm having a blast with it. I'm still trying to get near a station with a USAR unit for some top pics, but the weather out here has been nothing short of crazy. 85 today, freezing last week.

Mike

Guest Mav1701

I find myself missing the old engine siren from 1.4, as well as the USAR sound.

However, if the Police.wav siren is authentic, its QUITE boring and plain, and didn't really sound that good to me (seems incredibly slow) so I was glad to hear updates sirens. I feel mostly the same about the ambulance.

Im my opinion, which really doesn't matter, I'd prefer VARIETY over super-authenticity in regards to sirens and light patterns and such - it keeps the game fresh!

Btw in this folder: Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.5\Audio\Fx\sirens there is a text file that describes what sounds are in each siren file, there is pretty much every combo you could want

Im my opinion, which really doesn't matter, I'd prefer VARIETY over super-authenticity in regards to sirens and light patterns and such - it keeps the game fresh!

Like I said, I had a feeling I'd be in the minority on this point :)

Btw in this folder: Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.5\Audio\Fx\sirens there is a text file that describes what sounds are in each siren file, there is pretty much every combo you could want

Yeah I found that while pouring through the contents, but I'll have to check again later, I believe they're all just variations of the same incorrect wail for the modeled departments. Due to the holiday weekend, I'm not going to be in town for a bit, but next time I go to work I'll see if I can find out what model sirens are in the various units. I do know that LAFD is going to all Q's, either electronic for the RA's or full Q's for the bigger rigs. No more Timberwolf sirens in the future orders.

Mike here a question for you.

Are the silver and white roofs to keep the vechiles a bit cooler? Or do they play a different role?

To reflect sunlight.

Let me preface this by saying that I have no concrete or factual information on this topic at all. What has been explained to me over the years from various sources does go along with the general theory about keeping the Cab cooler though. I know it was greatly discussed when LAFD switched from the white over red paint scheme to the all red box that it would be a like an oven inside if left all red. When I was out in Riverside, we spec'd a new Mobile EOC that we made sure was all white as well to help reflect the heat and keep everything cooler. This was a lesson learned after using a dark green rental trailer from the USFS that was so hot it caused the radios to fail for the incident dispatchers on the Pechanga Fire.

But as for it being California law or anything, I'm sorry, but no. We have every color and shape in the planet in this state including some strange colors of blue and lime. I'm sure somewhere out here there is probably a purple and orange engine too!

Those are alot of changes Mikephotos. I'll see what I can do. :)

I'd love to say that I can't wait to see the next incarnation, but the truth is, I'm having to much fun with this one, and I had a great time with 1.4. If the changes happen, they happen, if not, they don't. Either way, at least I hope this gives you the correct information to decide what you want to do when or if you do anything at all. Thankfully things like the voices can be done by the great volunteers who helped last time if they'd like to change it, and a lot of my post was just commentary to things others brought up like the LAPD arrow bar and the chevrons.

By the way, my friends at the LAFD shops just let me know that a new model RA will be in service sometime soon as well. Looks like a new light package, front end, and the chevrons in the back. They're talking july to possibly late october for in-service at this point. Also all thirteen 2007 Pierce Arrow XT Engines have been removed from service at this time due to an ongoing electrical problem. Other departments have reported similar issues with the 2007 Pierces and it may end up becoming a huge issue very soon. Hopefully the problem is located and resolved quickly.

Mike

Hey everyone,

With so much discussion about lights and sirens and changing them for personal use and the next version, I thought I'd add some info starting with the Police units. I'll be adding the fire info probably tomorrow night.

Some basics:

All Emergency vehicles, regardless of police, fire, ems, or whatever will have a red steady burn lamp to the front. Steady burn means just that, not flashing, not blinking, not pulsing, not anything, just burns steady. To the rear you'll almost always find at least one amber light flashing. The only exception is for a few "special duty" vehicles like upper echelon LAFD and LAPD staff cars that might just have the red steady burn. Also, most Law Enforcement vehicles will have an accompanying steady burn blue light in the lightbar as well.

• LAPD
    - - Lights
    - - - Code 3 MX7000
    The basic set up for the MX7000 is Red Left Upper dome with 2 rotators, Center Clear dome with fast rotator with red and blue front inserts and amber insert in the rear, Blue right upper dome with 2 rotators. Lower level is two intersection lights that sweep horizontally at 90 degrees, Drivers side steady burn red light, 4 takedown (steady burn clear to light up an area, not used when driving usually), Blue passenger side steady burn steady burn. In the rear is a Code 3 8 lamp amber arrowstick that wig wags #1 and #8 in flash mode on most bars, and 1,2,7,8 with 3,4,5,6 on others.
    LAPD MX7K all lit up
    LAPD MX7K off during the day
    - - - Arjent
    The video I posted doesn't of the LASD Arjent cant be considered the be all/end all definitive info regarding the Arjent. With the LEDs flashing so fast, the pattern is impossible to accurately capture on even a camera with 30fps. The one difference between LAPD and LASD arjents is the rear amber flash pattern. LAPD wig wags #1 and #2 with #5 & #6.
    - - - Vista
    Same set up as the MX 7K
    Close up of the rear of the vista showing the upper dome inserts
    Front
    - - - Slicktop
    Older slicktops have a steady burn red halogen rear view mirror light and yellow and blue wig wag dual rear flasher light on the rear deck behind the driver.
    Rear lights
    Front
    The newer slicktops have red and blue grille LEDs, single red steady burn LED rear view mirror light, and a 10 lamp led arrow bar that on flash wig wags #2 & #3 with #8 and #9. 1 and 10 are red and blue respectively.
    Rear
    Rear view mirror light
    Grill LEDs
    - - - Motor Unit
    Unlike every other agency that I can think of, LAPD reverses the color on their motorcycles so that the blue is by the officers left hand, and the red is by his right. Also, the red is a steady burn light. They've since started to replace the older kawasaki's, and semi-newer bmw's with harley davidson bikes that sport a full xmas tree of leds all over them.
    - - - Additional Lights
    The LAPD does not flash the rear brake lights or reverse lights, nor do they have strobes in them or the corners. The only additional lighting is a wig wag head light flasher, sometimes mult-pattern, and 2 "a" pillar mounted spot lights.
    - - - Usage
    While parked and during traffic stops, you'll usually see the light bar lit up with just the steady burns and rear flashers or arrow on. If addititional lighting is required, the take downs and spotlights are added as well.
    - - Sirens
    The LAPD went from the Unitrol 480K to the Omega and is now equipping most of their units with Federal Signal Smart siren SS201 series with six button control head . Only tones available are Wail and Yelp. Piercer, hi/low and all those other funky tones you find in other states and countries are actually illegal in the state of California.
  • LASD
    - - Lights
    - - - MX7000
    LASD MX's are very similar to the LAPD's except they have the unit ID in white numbering on the rear of the center dome, and have red and blue lower level flashers in #1 and #8 positions of the arrowbar. Flash patterns can differ depending on if the bars and vehicles are a contract city or bought by the county. More often then not the rear flashing pattern is wig wag 1 and 8 and also alternate 2,3,6,7 with 4 and 5.
    Front Steady Burns
    Rear
    - - - Vista & Excalibur
    I know they have them, but I haven't seen one in the areas I work. I do have a couple of pictures of the Excalibur from Norwalk on my site, but since I haven't seen it on, I can't comment on it.
    - - - Arjent
    See the video and pics I posted in this thread.
    - - - Additional lights
    The LASD has a mix of various lighting packages due to having a mix of county units and contract city units. In addition to the lightbars, I've also seen strobes in the rear brake lights and in the front corner lights along with a wig wag head light flasher. Never any strobes or flashing in the reverse lights.
    - - Sirens
    Just like the LAPD, the LASD has used mostly the Unitrol and Touchmaster but is now switching over to the Smart Siren, specifically the SS2000-LASD.
  • CHP
    - - Lights
    - - - Premium Vision
    The CHP uses the Federal Signal Premium Vision which is a VERY customizable bar. One thing to note is that the pods are not one solid color but are clear with filters in them in the following colors.
    Front / Rear
    1. Red / Blue
    2. Blue / Red
    3. Clear / Blue
    4. Red / Red
    5. Clear / Blue
    6. Blue / Red
    7. Red / Blue
    CHP Traffic Stop
    When they have 1 and 7 steady burn, they'll usually have 3 & 5 jog/oscillate 180 degrees to the rear. They also have a rear only danger mode that sets pods 1, 2, 6 and 7 to oscillate to the rear with no front lights on at all. You can usually see this during COZEEP duties with sometimes pod 4 steady burning. The standard flash mode for the signalmaster arrow bar is to wig wag 1,2,7,8 with 3,4,5,6
    - - - Slicktops
    The standard CHP slicktop has a single steady burn red rear view mirror light and an 8 lamp arrow stick with 2 dual head Fed Sig flasher units on top. The colors of the flasher units are blue outer and red inner.
    Front
    Rear
    The CHP has recently started to invest more money in lighting and their newer Commercial Enforcement white crown vics have dual LED rear view mirror lights with steady burn red and flashing blue, flashing red and blue led bumper lights at an angle, strobe mirror lights, and to the rear is an LED arrow stick with single LED head lights mounted above it on both the right and left side. Unknown what the color is since I've yet to see them turned on.
    Here is a pic that illustrates the front.
    CHP Commercial Enforcement Crown Vic
    - - - Additional Lights
    The CHP doesn't use any corner strobes or rear brake/reverse light flashers. Just a standard headlight flasher.
    - - Sirens
    The CHP uses the Federal Signal Smart Siren.

Well, it's getting late so I'm going to end that here. Tomorrow I'll add info on the port and airport police as well as the fire info.

[Edited to add pics of new LAPD slicktop as requested by pm]

The excalibur should (this is a guess here as I am nowhere near LA) be relatively similar to the MX 7K pattern being they are similar bars with minor differences in their design, I cannot recall for certain exactly which parts vary other than dimensions.... Don't hold me to it but most places that use the 7K and Exc. use similar if not identical patterns for both.

The excalibur should (this is a guess here as I am nowhere near LA) be relatively similar to the MX 7K pattern being they are similar bars with minor differences in their design, I cannot recall for certain exactly which parts vary other than dimensions.... Don't hold me to it but most places that use the 7K and Exc. use similar if not identical patterns for both.

The main difference between the two is simply a smaller lower section, the rest of the bars equipment is interchangeable between the two models. As you can see in this picture of an LASD Norwalk unit, the setup is but a mystery compared to their normal MX7K which can be seen here

As for the Port Police, I've seen their vehicles with a mix of jetstreams, Code 3 MX7Ks and a mish mash of other lights as well. Since I rarely spend any time down at the ports, I've never seen their lights on to tell their flash pattern or setup.

As for the Airport Police, they use the same style Arjents and MX's as the LAPD. The cars are virtually identical when put to bid.

Oh and before I forget, the County Coroner is not a Law Enforcement branch nor an Authorized Emergency Vehicle. The only lights they have are amber.

I'll update this thread tonight with Fire/EMS info as well.

Mike

TY for refreshing my memory on the two bars (I built two high poly models of them a long time ago so I forgot their differences) I still stand by my assumption they use the same pattern regardless of the one being LED (which throws a huge wrench into the guess).... but the placements match so I'd presume they are the same patterns on both of them. I have no idea though as I am not a cali boy, most places I've seen with multiple bars unless it is impossible to use the same pattern (a Vector for example) they stick to their old school patterns).

The main difference i've seen is the excalibur is a lower profile version of the MX7000 and it has the ability to not only be used with rotators in the mirror, but also strobes and LED modules. The Excalibur used by the county police in my area is a strobe Excalibur. The older state police cars where I live use MX7000 as well, but personally between the MX7000 and Excalibur... I would pick the Excalibur to use because, A: its lower profile, B: has alot of different possible configuration possibilities.

They made an early adaptation to the MX7K to include Halogen Strobe modules, they sadly, did not adapt it to LED as well to my knowledge, really there is minimal difference in size if you filter the glass you can see them both a mile a way. I have seen them both quite some time ago (as I said it has been some time since I have bothered to pay attention to them). With the strobe modules the configuration potentials are practically identical as modules go, patterns are a different story if you pay for the advanced control module.

The main difference i've seen is the excalibur is a lower profile version of the MX7000 and it has the ability to not only be used with rotators in the mirror, but also strobes and LED modules. The Excalibur used by the county police in my area is a strobe Excalibur. The older state police cars where I live use MX7000 as well, but personally between the MX7000 and Excalibur... I would pick the Excalibur to use because, A: its lower profile, B: has alot of different possible configuration possibilities.

Its asinine to say that this:

http://members.fortunecity.com/coxfan/mdsp121.jpg

and this have minimal difference:

http://members.fortunecity.com/coxfan/rock105.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/pdcar4/montmd21.jpg

Obviously I, and probably others can spot a big difference between these two...

Hotlinking fortunecity images does not work

Doesn't the CHP user "Vector" lightbars, not "Vision"?

-d

In short, No. As you can see in these two pics, they're all visions.

Pic 1

Pic 2

The Vision series has 7 smart pods which allows for the CHP to have such a varied degree flash patterns. The Smart Vector has 2 smart pods, and the regular vector has none.

El Segundo PD uses the vision as well, and Anaheim uses the Vector, I believe smart vector, on some of their units.

Hey everyone

Here is the long promised LAFD post as well as a Coroner update as well since I had the unfortunate experience of being near a fatal suicide jumper call in Sherman Oaks.

Let's start with the LAFD first

* Chief Officers

GMC 2500 Suburbans & Chevy Suburbans

--MX700 on Roof

-- -- Red/Clear/Red domes with center section having a red filter to the front and amber filter to the rear

-- -- Clear Intersection lights

-- -- 2 front red Steady burn lights in lower section (LED in newer bars)

-- -- 2 amber rear flashers in lower section (LED in newer bars)

--Other lighting

-- -- Red/Red or Red/Amber halogen flashers over front tires

-- -- Red/Red halogen flashing lights on rear doors

-- -- Headlight flasher

Pics:

--B10

--B10

--B10 Rear

--B10 all lit up

--B12 side

--B12 with LEDs and filters

--B15 with LEDs

--B17 rear

--D3

--D3

* EMS Captains

Crown Victoria

--MX7k on roof same as chiefs

--Headlight flashers

Pics:

EMS10 rear all lit up

EMS10 front all lit up

EMS12 rear

EMS14 all lit up

EMS14 Rear all lit up

EMS14 front all lit up

*Ambulances

Newer style red box

--MX7K on top of cab

-- -- Red/Red/Red/Red with 6 rotators

-- -- Red Intesections in lower level

-- Front grill red steady burns

--Side red flashers above front and rear tires

-- Large red side flashers on box that are synced together to slow flash

--White flood and spot lights on the side of the box do not flash, but are for scene lighting

--Rear bar

-- -- 4 red rotators on the ends

-- -- 2 amber alternating flashing lights

-- -- 2 Clear lights for lighting up the area in back of the rig (do not flash)

-- -- 1 intensely bright brake light in the center

-- On the corners of the box are LEDs that look small, but are amazingly bright. In the front they are amber and red to the rear

-- Headlight flasher

Pics:

RA20 all lit up

RA20 Rear

RA827 (EMT) rear. Notice the corner lights lit up

RA9 side

RA107 Rear (new style with chevrons)

RA88 rear

RA88 Side

White box ambulances

-- Same except 8 (I believe) rotators to in the front bar with 1 steady burn in the center and grille lights flash. These boxes have mostly been relegated to 800 (EMT/BLS) duties and reserve rigs.

Pics:

RA102 front

RA102 Side

RA102 Rear

RA88 front

RA98 Front (notice corner lights)

Engines and trucks are a crap shoot since they're bought en masse from different manufacturers in one order like the recent Pierce and Seagrave split. Almost all of them have MX7k's on top with red intersections and red steady burn lights in them. Most of the newer rigs also have either a halogen or LED arrow bar to the rear and are one of the few that do. On the new trucks with the LED/Strobe bar, it runs Red/Clear/Red/Red/Clear/Red in its lightheads and the red lighthead above the headlight on the drivers side is set to steady burn. Most of the 1999 Pierce Dash's like the one modeled in the game have been relegated to 2-Car status in Light forces (Engine 288, Engine 302).

Pics:

E273 Pierce Dash

E35 Seagrave

E83 Pierce

E89 and 289

E88 Up close

E88

E88

E288

E99

Sirens: All Fire Engines have an electrical siren (unitrol for the most part) and a mechanical FedSig Q siren as well as air horns. All Ambulances have the same electrical siren, plus a small timberwolf mechanical siren , though the new rigs being purchased will have an Electronic Q instead. They also have air horns with the older ones actually having Hi-Lo sounding air horns. All chiefs have the air horns and electronic sirens.

*LA County Coroners

99% of all coroners vehicles are NOT emergency response vehicles and therefore just have amber lighting.

Crown victoria slicktop - Investigators vehicle

-- Flashing amber rear view mirror light

--alternating amber rear deck lights

Pics:

Rear

Front

Ford Van

--Amber Federal Signal Vista

-- -- all amber domes

-- -- 2 clear take downs, 2 amber flashers to the front, alley lights

-- -- 2 rear amber flashers

-- Traffic advisor on the back

-- Corner strobes in tailights and front turn signals

Pics:

Side

Rear

Front

They also have a few special vehicles for mass casuality incidents like a plane crash or such and those vehicles have red lights on them. I've only seen them at air shows, never on scene so I can't really comment on them.

As far as the water tenders go, they're all old junkers for the most part. In regards to the Foam Tender, I haven;'t had a chance to drive to 60's so.. No idea.

*LAPD addendum

Unmarked cars:

Newer ones have a red steady burn LED with blue flashing led next to it on the rear view mirror, and a single LED light on the rear deck. I didn't see it on, but I'm guessing it's either a solitary amber, or amber/blue combindation. Also Headlight flasher

Pics:

Front with blue

Rear off

Front with blue off

Older ones have a single steady burn red halogen rear vew mirror light and large amber blue rear halogen alternating deck lights

Pics:

Front

Rear

Rear

I mentioned in my last post about the new Harley bikes, as you can see, it's blue on the riders left hand and red on the right, and more lights then an xmas tree.

Pics:

Front with truck 88

Motor Officer

Right Side

Rear

Left side

Left Front

Also in regards to the LAPD Arjent, It seems that the 2 flash patterns I've seen the most are:

-- All lights on: rear amber flashes 1256 with 3 and 4

--Front steadys and rear amber or rear amber only: 1 alternates with 6

1 lamp

LAPD SUV

Had a chance to see a LAPD Tahoe on the fatal suicide

-- MX7000

-- -- Red/Clear/Blue

-- -- Lower level 4 takedowns, 1 red steady burn, 1 blue steady burn, intersections

-- -- Two amber rear flashers

-- Front grille red and blue flashing lights

-- Rear doors have amber/blue blue/amber flashers

Pics:

Front

Rear doors

Rear

One thing I have noticed more and more is a few MX7000's with LED arrowbars:

LED arrow

Let me know if I missed or forgot anything.

Great details!!

The sirens!

What about them? I think you need to read my post again. To quote what I said before:

Sirens: All Fire Engines have an electrical siren (unitrol for the most part) and a mechanical FedSig Q siren as well as air horns. All Ambulances have the same electrical siren, plus a small timberwolf mechanical siren , though the new rigs being purchased will have an Electronic Q instead. They also have air horns with the older ones actually having Hi-Lo sounding air horns. All chiefs have the air horns and electronic sirens.

They are run by a motorola radio head, but the guy in the shop I asked said they were unitrols for the most part.