Hoppah

The general Xbox 360 topic

xbox360.jpg

I was wondering, how many of you have a Xbox 360?

I have bought one in January 2007 and it's my first game console.

I am not going to share my gamertag, because I don't want dozens of new 'fake' friends.

For the same reason I want to prevent people from posting my gamertag.

I usually play online with some of my real life friends. That's it.

My favorite games are:

1. Call of Duty 4

2. Call of Duty 5

3. Forza Motorsport 2

4. GTA IV

5. Half-Life 2: The Orange Box

So, for people with a Xbox 360:

What are favourite games?

Which games are on your wish list?

If you don't have a Xbox 360, are you considering buying one? Why or why not?

Lets start a NEW discussion! :)

Hoppah

Edit: General topic -> sticky.

Edit 2: List with games edited

I'm confused on this one, I've also been a PS fan, but since GTA IV is coming out on both systems (PS3 & XBOX) i don't know which to buy or just wait for it to come out on PC, then again XBOX does have good games for it already oppose to PS3. I'm still contemplating which will have better graphics.

anyone else on this?

I'm confused on this one, I've also been a PS fan, but since GTA IV is coming out on both systems (PS3 & XBOX) i don't know which to buy or just wait for it to come out on PC, then again XBOX does have good games for it already oppose to PS3. I'm still contemplating which will have better graphics.

anyone else on this?

Make your decision by looking at exclusive games for each console. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have some exclusive games for their consoles only. Like 'Halo 3', 'Forza Motorsport 2' and 'Gears of War' for Xbox 360. 'Little Big Planet' and 'Resistance: Fall of Men' for the PS3. Also, ask yourself this question: "Do I need a Blu-ray player?" (The PS3 has an expensive Blu-ray player). If you have a HDTV, you might want to have a Blu-ray player to play movies on Blu-ray. If you don't have one, the Blu-ray player is quite useless. Games will come out on Blu-ray for the PS3, but that doesn't make a game better. So, make your decision by looking at the games you like. :)

that's right i forgot PS3 had the Blu-ray player, and I do have HDTV, I don't know yet if its worth it for that crap only. but I think I will make a decision around Christmas time since there might be a chance of sale prices on the consoles (hopefully).

I can't be the only one here with a Xbox 360. :mad:

That's not possible.

But I just got Half-Life 2 The Orange Box! It's great. Team Fortress 2 is much better than Halo 3 multiplayer! Although both games are very different, but are both very good.

Halo 3 has vehicles, larger maps and a ranking system which I like. But Team Fortress 2 has 8 or 9 different classes, cool maps and game modes (Attack & Defend ftw) and feels more varied than Halo 3. The graphics are great, they make the game much funnier and better. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I've also started a new Half-Life 2 campaign. I just got the gravity gun and entered Ravenholm. :cool:

Haven't played Ep1, 2 and Portal yet.

Hoppah

Guest SHERIFF05
PS3 > all

and wii is only fun when you play it with friends.

Sony let me down after the PS2 and most of its games... It was nice and cool at the time it came out.. but I'm sorry Microsoft converted me hardcore lol...

and yes HOPPAH - ASSASSINS CREED lol

I want modern warfare though cause its supposed to have some of the towns and cities from Iraq just under different names, I'm curious to see how real they appear and compare it to what is really there

Nintendo is obviously aimed at the younger generation

See unlike PC's, consoles are more like, which "side" are you on, PS3 or XBOX... FPS on consoles suck period, with that said all other non FPS based games are good on consoles, GTA for an example (yet even better with the mods on PC).... but it's damn hard decide and its all on whether you're a XBOX, PS3 or Wii guy/girl fan.....

XBOX :nixweiss: PS3???

Why should it be on PC only? Because first person shooters play better on pc? That's what I thought too, before I ever touched a console. I even hated it. But as soon you're familiar with the console and controller, it doesn't matter. In fact, I like playing on console better than on a pc, just because I play on a bigger screen and on/in a bed. There is a large difference between a controller and mouse/keyboard, but both have their advantages. Although you can do much more with a mouse/keyboard, a controller is much more comfortable.

I don't have the older Xbox, but one of my friends has one and the older Xbox controllers are bigger. But the Xbox 360 controllers feel much more comfortable. I also think they're better than the PS3 controllers (another friend has a PS3), but that's just my opinion. I suggest you go to a shop and ask if you may hold a controller, because you have big hands.

Guest Utrechtterror

I love to play games on consoles!! To bad I just haven't got any money (left). So I just have to stick to my uber pc!

Though the cool thing about PC's are that you can upgrade them :D ... That's something you can't do with your console. Besides that, the PC is multifunctional..

But for gaming i'd really pick a console

just because I play on a bigger screen and on/in a bed.

Wanna play in bed? Ik boem je ballen! dzaz5awghcexzvtb3mvelodgy1.gif

Guest Utrechtterror
That motion sensor stuff?

(...)

I prefer the PS controllers, though the buttons on the back of the Xbox controllers are sweeeeeeeet. They are way better than the L1, L2 and the R1, R2 buttons.

But why the hell did microsoft make them that big :huh:

No, the Xbox 360 controller has rumble, it can vibrate.

dzaz5awghcexzvtb3mvelodgy1.gif

3 offtopic posts deleted. Create a new topic if you want to talk about girls and vibrating controllers. I made this topic because I want to discuss seriously about Xbox 360 (games). :angry:

Three weeks left until Assassin's Creed. Can't wait. Want to play it right now. :cool:

Played the Need for Speed Pro Street demo some days ago. I don't like this game, although I like the scenery and settings (Nevada Highway \o/ ). But that's all. Where are the police pursuits? :angry:

Well, personally I think it's not like Counterstrike. There are a lot of different gamemodes like

- Team Deathmatch

- Deathmatch

- Domination (capture + hold three flags)

- Headquaters (Capture a headquater, hold it for some time, then a new one spawns somewhere else)

- Search & Destroy (plant bomb, you can have one death like CS)

- Oldschool (weapons are pickups, no HUD, more weapon damage)

- Team Tactical (3 vs 3 max, different game modes)

I prefer Team Tactical, because I mostly play with a friend. Call of Duty 4 has a GREAT promotion system with experience and a lot of special challanges (to gain extra experience). Weapons can be upgraded. There are perks for special abilities. You can create custom classes. There is sooo much. :D

I just hate grenades. You can have three different perks at the same time. So you can combine the "Grenades x3", "Martyrdom" (drop live grenade when you die) and "Sonic Boom" (explosive damage increase) perks. Grenades have a great advantage when you use that and I think that s*cks. Especially at gamemodes like headquaters and search & destroy where you need to capture points. Nevertheless it's still a great game. :D